The Student Room Group

Too much dobule cream - what to use it in

I have tubs of double cream left over? What can i use it in to make?
Original post by Kutie Karen

Freeze it in ice cubes.
Quiche? It's actually fairly easy to make and does use quite a bit of double cream for a larger sized one! Also not a bad option for "finger food" type stuff for new years parties and such (if you make mini ones or make a larger one and slice thinly and hopefully it retains its structure!).

Hi!

Lots of options...The easiest one is probably to make a creamy pasta dish, like fettuccine alfredo or creamy garlic pasta.
It can be added to almost any soup to make it thick and creamy...potato and leek soup, mushroom soup, sweet potato soup...
You could make a dip with it as well! There are plenty of recipes available online that use double cream/heavy cream.
Butter chicken or other curries are also potential double cream uses.
Double cream can also be used for quiches or crustless quiches. Or even as marinade for meats/tofu.
It can be added to mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs or omelettes or puddings.

You can also make plenty of desserts with it...
Tiramisu, mousse, cheesecake, cookies, whipped cream topping for almost anything..

Or try blending it with chocolate/vanilla/coffee syrup/caramel/fruit/etc and freezing to get a tub of ice cream :smile:

Hope this helps!

Polina
Make butter
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/home-churned-butter

(Frozen cream ice cubes is best for adding to soups and sauces)

Adding it to rice pudding or scrambled eggs is nice too if you want a treat
Reply 5
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi!

Lots of options...The easiest one is probably to make a creamy pasta dish, like fettuccine alfredo or creamy garlic pasta.
It can be added to almost any soup to make it thick and creamy...potato and leek soup, mushroom soup, sweet potato soup...
You could make a dip with it as well! There are plenty of recipes available online that use double cream/heavy cream.
Butter chicken or other curries are also potential double cream uses.
Double cream can also be used for quiches or crustless quiches. Or even as marinade for meats/tofu.
It can be added to mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs or omelettes or puddings.

You can also make plenty of desserts with it...
Tiramisu, mousse, cheesecake, cookies, whipped cream topping for almost anything..

Or try blending it with chocolate/vanilla/coffee syrup/caramel/fruit/etc and freezing to get a tub of ice cream :smile:

Hope this helps!

Polina

thanks.loads of super ideas
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Freeze it in ice cubes.

never thought of that. will it be safe to eat later in the year?
never thought of that. will it be safe to eat later in the year?

Safe to cook with but it can separate so better for cooking with rather than for desserts
(edited 4 months ago)
If you whip it then freeze it it will stay for longer and just take it out and defrost in the fridge the day before you want to use it (it might look a bit crumbly after but just stir it and the texture is back to normal). I just find it freezes better when whipped rather than liquid
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 9
We use it to make terrys chocolate orange cheescake 🙂
Reply 10
Made some bailey flavoured ice cream this afternoon. Absolutely delicisious!

Make tons of cream cakes out of it! with straberry or chocolate flavour to name but a few examples.

Quick Reply

Latest