The Student Room Group

Give Me Food Heaven, or Food Hell?

Scroll to see replies

Neither are offensive to me - love some TK with my eggybread - but HEAVEN. Chocolate cake every now and then is splendid and hot with ice cream is the way to go; go hard or go home, y'know. Plus your heaven is a tad more specific so it's a tad easier :biggrin:

EDIT: Hell, sorry, mussels aren't too bad in my view. Not fantastic, but better than a blood ridden steak.

HEAVEN: A spoonful of plain fruit yogurt
HELL: A spoonful of plain Greek Yogurt
Again, hell - Sorry! I don't mind just plain greek youghurt..

Heaven - Sliders and a tortashell milkshake from Ruby's on the peir on Balboha Island, CA
Hell - White fish in parsley sauce (I probably have fish for every hell EEEEweww)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1582
Heaven, I have no idea what most of that is, but milkshake on a californian beach sounds like heaven.

Heaven: Tangy toms tomato ketchup
Hell: Walkers tomato ketchuip
Reply 1583
YOU GET HEAVEN, FUSE. Tangy Toms are one of those weird "ketchup" potato snacks that taste inherently unique; they have an almost paprika-like spice.
Moreover, Walkers are balls. GOLDEN WONDER HEINZ KETCHUP FTW.

HEAVEN OR HELL?

HEAVEN: BREADED FISH WITH TARTARE SAUCE ON THE SIDE
HELL: BREADED FISH WITH LEMON CHUTNEY ON THE SIDE
Lemon chutney? That sounds way too sweet/bitter! I'm not sure how I feel about lemon in savoury dishes, I haven't had great past experiences. It can often be super citrus overload.

heaven: sugary shortbread
hell: sugar on toast
Reply 1585
Hello, SCOTTISH RESPONSE OBLIGATORY OTT PRIDE!!

Heaven for you!! Although just a tip- white toast, mashed banana (or light spread of butter for adhesive) and CINNAMON SUGAR.

GIANT CINNAMON GRAHAM.

GIVE ME HAITCH OR AITCH:

HEAVEN: ORANGINA FROM GLASS "GENIE" BOTTLE
HELL: ORANGINA FROM A CAN (why do they taste SOOO different?!)
Reply 1586
Heaven. The glass bottle is one of their unique features whereas there's loads of different canned drinks on the market.

Heaven:Yazoo
Hell: That other flavoured milk brand beginning with F
Reply 1587
HEAVEN!! I might be in the minority with you mate, but Yazoo is totally flavoured milk. Frijj is like showoff dessert!!

Give me heaven or hell:

Heaven: an in store cookie
Hell: in-store scotch roll
HEAVEN. I'm always pleasantly surprised by supermarket cookies, they always taste so good. I much prefer Tesco's own bakery cookies to Smarties/Toffee Crisp etc ones. Scotch rolls are just a tad...dull, and you can't eat it straight away, it needs additions.

N.B. Yazoo triumphs every time. Frijj can do one.

HEAVEN: Toast with loads of honey on
HELL: Toast with a thick layer of PB on
Reply 1589
MORE HEAVEN!!
Loving all the love recently. Oh and Dani - Toasted Crumpet, Greek yoghurt, blob of honey. Leave for a few seconds for meltage... FACE.

Just sayin' honey-lovin' honey :wink:

Give me Heaven or Hell:

HEAVEN: RAW ONION SANDWICHES
HELL: PLAIN LETTUCE SANDWICHES
Heaven. I like Lettuce, I do! But on it's own, cold? You'd just lose it in between the bread, onion has a TASTE and TEXTURE that'd make it a pretty joyous event. Especially red onion, I really enjoy that raw. The soft white bread can cut through the harshness of raw onions too. Onion bread is nice, so onions within a bread? Yep, nice.

heaven: warm cookies with a cold glass of milk
hell: fridge-cold cookies and a cup of juice
Reply 1591
Oh boy, heaven heaven times eleven!! My cousin dunks cookies in apple juice. Can you even FATHOM how vile that would taste?!

Give me Heaven or Hell:

Heaven: CUCUMBER SLICES
Hell: CUCUMBER BATONS (the exposed water seeds form a triangular prism of goo)
S'all about the slices. Heaven for you my foodie friend! Batons are the pretentious, wannabe posh way to RUIN a cucumber. Shame on you posh people. Get that stick - or should that be cucumber- outta yo' ass and eat your cumber a suitable way. Go ruin some other food y'fiend.

Heaven: rice crispies and fruit&fibre cereal mixed
Hell: crunchy nut Cereal and porridge mixed
Reply 1593
Heaven because porridge mixed with a cereal doesn't sound right!

Heaven: Budweiser Budvar
Hell: US BUdweiser
I mix porridge and cereal, like, a lot. Don't knock it til you try it!

I cant reply to yours as I don't like either..so I'll leave it to someone else
Reply 1595
YOU GET HEAVEN. Truth is, I'm not mad a out Budvar, but Budweiser is one of my least-liked beers; it tastes distinctly like the beer equivalent of a badly corked wine, with an almost wet-wood taste on the back palate.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: ROMAINE LETTUCE "SCOOPS" AND A POT OF COTTAGE CHEESE
HELL: PHILADELPHIA IN CELERY STALKS
I've never had your heaven, and I didn't find your hell offensive so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to send you to hell. Still luff you though Totes <3 xx

Heaven: Spinach and ricotta tortellini
Hell: Cheese filled raveoli
Heaven, neither appeals to me that much but tinned raveoli makes me prejudice against any kind of raveoli in general, and the tortellini has spinach which makes it more interesting than just cheese on its own I'd say. :smile:

Heaven: Carrot Cake
Hell: Battenburg Cake
Reply 1598
Brick gets heaven. Though I like both, it's easier to screw up the ratio of Battenberg; apricot jam, marzipan and four strips of sponge is a delicate ratio indeed. Carrot cake is like "top much frosting?! .....

...YAAASS!!"

GIVE HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: M&MS SWEET AND SALTY MIXES (the bags of m&ms with pretzels, choc chips and crispy fragments all in the same bag)
HELL: KP NUTTY NIBBLES CRANBERRY (kp nuts, chocolate, dried cranberry... WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE THIS OVER THE HOBNOBS VARIETY?!)
Heaven. I dunno what to add other than completely agree. Hobnob neglect for KP nutty nibbles is totally bizarre. Hobnobs rule. And though I haven't tried your heaven, I REALLY want to after trying loads of M&M varieties and never being disappointed. High heavenly hopes I hold.

Heaven: chicken satay (the stuff on a stick)
Hell: chicken wings

Quick Reply

Latest