The Student Room Group

Things people do on facebook that annoy/amuse you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by pink pineapple
posting links of their porofile picture. I can see it already, posting a link onmy newsfeed doesn't mean I'm more obliged to like/comment on it.

It's worse when they individually message everyone on their friends list asking them to like something, because they're trying to "have a competition with someone"....right, of course you are!
Reply 261
I like how my brother met his girlfriend on Facebook. She had added loads of his friends after meeting them on Xbox Live (or whatever it is, I don't have an Xbox, I'm a PC gamer) and had got into a jokey fight with one of them. So she set up a joke event on Facebook telling everybody to spam his wall at a specific time. My brother saw and set up a joke event telling everybody to spam her wall. He seemed like fun, so she added him.

21st Century romance beginnings :smile:
Original post by JKGB
A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend today after about six months and posted a huge status which started off as "This is a statement about mine and x's breakup".

The ****? I've had friends break up with their partners and they've either kept it quiet or in the case of a friend (well, they were thinking about it) being really cryptic about it.
Reply 263
These days, the advantages of FB are outweighed by the disadvantages: on a massive scale.

Seems to be a competition of, who can gain the most attention nowadays.
Original post by Snape2255
It's worse when they individually message everyone on their friends list asking them to like something, because they're trying to "have a competition with someone"....right, of course you are!

wow, that's taking it to a complete new level. I havn't had anybody doing this to me although I tend tyo avoid those who have the potential to be like that.
My friend annoys people (and amuses me) by liking the posts of people having an argument on facebook. :P
When people tag themselves in their profile picture again and again just so it keeps popping up on the homepage for people to Like it.

Also, frapes that consist of "I love poo."
REALLY?
(edited 12 years ago)
there is this weird cryptic face book/tumblr called WIXIW which has a youtube video just search WIXIW that is really annoying as i can find anything on what the video is in aid of although its shot really well n looks quite cool......does anyone know what this video is about...tumblr is wixixwtv
The word frape annoys me.
Reply 269
Things that annoy me on Facebook:
- Hashtagging
- Someone writing on another persons wall saying 'inbox me' why don't you just inbox them?!
- When someone writes a status for likes but 5 minutes later they haven't got any so they delete it! :lol:
- When girls share photo's of themselves more than once to get likes

I'll probably add to this list.
Original post by Stripe

- Someone writing on another persons wall saying 'inbox me' why don't you just inbox them?!

I don't get this. Or having really private conversations by writing on someone's wall - why?
Reply 271
Original post by Stripe
Things that annoy me on Facebook:
- Hashtagging
- When someone writes a status for likes but 5 minutes later they haven't got any so they delete it! :lol:
- When girls share photo's of themselves more than once to get likes

I'll probably add to this list.

I used to have one of my brother's friends on Facebook who was always posting jokes he'd made up because he was working on becoming a comedian. They were mostly ok, nothing too great. I deleted him when he became obsessed with Charlie Sheen because his statuses clogged my newsfeed. He told me brother about it- out of his several hundred friends he noticed I had gone... Creepy.
Anyway, what this reminded me of was my brother told me that if this guy never got enough likes on his new joke, he would delete it. What was the point? Not every joke you tell is going to be amazing -_-
Reply 272
wow, that's taking it to a complete new level. I havn't had anybody doing this to me although I tend tyo avoid those who have the potential to be like that.

I've had a fair few people....it's so irritating!

I HATE the statuses being really depressive about anything, especially relationships. If I see one I'll post something really sarcastic on it, for instance; last night a girl was complaining that the "love of her life" (a boy she's been with for about 2-3 months and only met in college....she's in her first year) was going to be training to join the Navy and she was going to lose him and saying how she would have to try to cope with it...no one commented, so I decided to indulge the girl, by posting on her status: "Cool story bro, needs more dragons.". I tend to do this or similar regularly to annoying statuses, or if someone is having a stressy on Facebook I'll be really sarcastic to them or I'll be a troll and correct their grammar and spelling :L If you're going to have a stressy about something not even related to Facebook, then why put it on Facebook?

I also hate people who act really depressed and then, if you know them, you're worried and people start replying "What's up? Talk to me about it?" and they're like "No, I'm fine don't worry" - WHY POST THIS THEN?! Also, when they do similar but they decide to tell a complete ******** that actually just wants gossip instead of someone who is genuinely worried. What's the point? :s
Reply 273

I HATE the statuses being really depressive about anything, especially relationships. If I see one I'll post something really sarcastic on it, for instance; last night a girl was complaining that the "love of her life" (a boy she's been with for about 2-3 months and only met in college....she's in her first year) was going to be training to join the Navy and she was going to lose him and saying how she would have to try to cope with it...no one commented, so I decided to indulge the girl, by posting on her status: "Cool story bro, needs more dragons.". I tend to do this or similar regularly to annoying statuses, or if someone is having a stressy on Facebook I'll be really sarcastic to them or I'll be a troll and correct their grammar and spelling :L If you're going to have a stressy about something not even related to Facebook, then why put it on Facebook?

I also hate people who act really depressed and then, if you know them, you're worried and people start replying "What's up? Talk to me about it?" and they're like "No, I'm fine don't worry" - WHY POST THIS THEN?! Also, when they do similar but they decide to tell a complete ******** that actually just wants gossip instead of someone who is genuinely worried. What's the point? :s

I know a couple of people who put depressing statuses and tell people who ask not to worry. But if certain other people ask, they go "inbox me". Why not just tell these people instead of posting a status? It goes like,
Amy Girlname- :frown:
Girl 1- aww what's wrong
Amy- nuffin don't worry
Girl 2- are you ok?
Amy- fine, i'm ok
Girl 3- what's happened
Amy- inbox me hun

Those first two girls must feel like crap!
(edited 12 years ago)
posting videos that dont seem to have any meaning like that WIXIW video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Jid89ks64 what is this!!!!!this annoys me....

also, 12 year girls who complain about their losing their one true love when in fact they probably don't even know what love is
Reply 277
also, 12 year girls who complain about their losing their one true love when in fact they probably don't even know what love is

I've said to a fair few girls to stop talking about love because they have no idea at that age....they never listen...

I used to have one girl on fb who just recently turned 14, and she would literally have a new boyfriend every one/two weeks, and without fail everyone of them she would love :rolleyes: and she'd spam their walls with "love you bbe <3 <3" and crap like that (and vice versa) Then they'd break up and she'd be onto the next one! All while she was 13, she must've had about 10/11 boyfriends one after another, it's disgusting!
Original post by sarahthegemini
I used to have one girl on fb who just recently turned 14, and she would literally have a new boyfriend every one/two weeks, and without fail everyone of them she would love :rolleyes: and she'd spam their walls with "love you bbe <3 <3" and crap like that (and vice versa) Then they'd break up and she'd be onto the next one! All while she was 13, she must've had about 10/11 boyfriends one after another, it's disgusting!

They're always like that, all of their 'about me' sections are filled with the date they got together 'I love you so,so much bbe' and within about 2 months they break up. I have this girl on my facebook and literally every status she writes is about her boyfriend and there always incredibly cringeworthy. I don't think she realises how much it annoys everyone :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest