The Student Room Group

A-level photography exam!!

alright, so our AS photograhy exam is comming up in April but i havent got an idea of how it's like.

I mean, i do Art and i Know how it's like, you take your photos at home and for the exam you paint them. but as for the photography, i mean how it is like?
do we take photos during the exam? but i mean if we do so, then we might need our friends to modle for us and they are also doing the same exam so that can waste time.
or is the exam only about photo editing? but this doesn't make sense to me as most photography doesn't need to be edited and Edexcel doesn't much like the photos to be edited, they want to see us how good we can take out photos.

so over all i am confused and do not know how the exam is like, may someone please explain it to me please?
thank you for your help.
ask your teacher
Reply 2
A-Level Photography !?!?!?!?!?!?

Try and log onto the website of the exam board and download some past papers
Reply 3
Original post by criminal
A-Level Photography !?!?!?!?!?!?

Try and log onto the website of the exam board and download some past papers

Why do i need past papers? there's no past papers!!
Reply 4
I dont think you'll be able to take your photos in the exam, everything has to be prepared for the exam, to enable you to develop this in the actual exam, so its like you said, take your photos beforehand and then do whatever your going to do with them, (paint etc) in the exam! I could be wrong though, but thats suually the case!
Reply 5
you do book work or work on your final piece you can take photos but with some of the exam questions this is impossible and you should really be on your final piece, and if your board is aqa yes they have past papers but they are under art and design and there are no mark schemes, as its not exactly a yes and no kind of paper.
For mine it was completing overdue sketchbook work, using photoshop to edit my images, getting them printed, buying mount boards for displays, making sure i know how i want to present my photographs, measuring/mounting photographs, making sure everything in your sketchbooks is up to date, writing a personal brief explaining everything and annotating. It is mainly to work on your final pieces for your exam though. I cant think of anymore but use the time wisely! I only got 12 hours to do everything and even that wasn't enough!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey,
I'm currently studying for AS photography aswell. The exam board I'm with is Edexcel, so if you're with the same exam board then you'll have 8 hours to do this (12 hours in A2):

You'll need to buy mounts for your photographs, and also take your photographs before hand.
Once in the exam you can edit your photographs, and print them out.
You'll also need to display them on your board, if you're aiming for a higher grade try and display them in a very creative, out of the box way which perhaps woulds emphasis on your final idea. This won't necessarily gain you higher marks, though it will make your work stand out to the examiner.
If you have any left over time, you can finish your sketchbook work, though I highly suggest you get that finished before your exam.
Goodluck!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending