The Student Room Group

A Level Photography Exam

The themes are all awful, I’m stuck between clusters or shadows as I like doing documentary, landscape, street and some physical techniques for my imagery, but I’m unsure what to do for any of them at all to be honest, all the themes this year seem awful.

What are some of you currently doing for their theme and sub themes and what have some of you done in previous years? I’m really struggling and to think we only have 10 weeks is stressing me out.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hey there, my best advice is to think out of the box, focus on the elements of photography you are good at but then add a twist.

I did Eduqas A-Level Photography and for my exam I did Old Technologies as my theme. I focused on still life photography of retro musical media such as vinyl records, cassettes and CDs but created a deep, touching meaning of music being lost to time as they become obsolete. Which created my final piece consisting of vinyl records being half-buried in sand and bark.

At first I had no idea what to do also, but with help from my teacher and by progressing through my preparatory period, I had a solid idea for my final exam piece which I did in the 15 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest