The Student Room Group

Course change options

I currently study bio, chem and psychology and I really don’t enjoy chemistry and I am not doing brilliant in exams either even though I put the work in. I have been considering changing courses for a while now and I wished that I picked a more creative course to go alongside my a levels. The courses I am between are photography and philosophy. I would love to do photography but I am unsure if this would not be respected enough by unis. Does anyone have any advice on maybe having two academic subjects and one creative when applying to unis?!
Original post by lydial505
I currently study bio, chem and psychology and I really don’t enjoy chemistry and I am not doing brilliant in exams either even though I put the work in. I have been considering changing courses for a while now and I wished that I picked a more creative course to go alongside my a levels. The courses I am between are photography and philosophy. I would love to do photography but I am unsure if this would not be respected enough by unis. Does anyone have any advice on maybe having two academic subjects and one creative when applying to unis?!

What course are you looking at to study at university?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
What course are you looking at to study at university?

I am planning on doing a gap year but when I go to uni I am looking into psychology, linguistics or nutrition (I need to decide😅). I have also thought about biology but at the moment the other two subjects are more of an interest.
Original post by lydial505
I am planning on doing a gap year but when I go to uni I am looking into psychology, linguistics or nutrition (I need to decide😅). I have also thought about biology but at the moment the other two subjects are more of an interest.

You should be okay for those subjects, except for nutrition and biology. Some universities may require an additional science or mathematics A-Level for those courses (I'm unsure if psychology counts), so make sure to look at university entry requirements.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest