The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I got westwood, everything else was gone, lol. Is Westwood a nice accomodation?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 381
Original post by croag
I got westwood, everything else was gone, lol. Is Westwood a nice accomodation?

After all the chit-chat I hav heard ... it seems to be a very sociable accommodation... although the rooms are not that good.. but for the price u pay its nice :biggrin: :top: ... HAHA!!! another Maths student... I'm doin BBA!!! :biggrin:
Reply 382
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered as I have just seen this thread and have been skimming through... I've received an unconditional offer from Bath to do Social Work which I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept. However, I only received my last decision from all my choices today so haven't been able to accept the offer until now.

I'd completely pushed the accommodation issue to one side whilst I was awaiting my choices. So if I do choose to accept Bath's offer, what is the likelihood at this stage that I will get a choice of where I go 'halls'-wise?

Another question that people may or may not have regards cars. I see in the original posting that the uni states that we cannot keep cars on campus, however, due to the nature of my course I am required to attend placements, which may require me to drive. I was encouraged at interview to pass my driving test. So if anyone has experience of this or could shed some light I would be very grateful! :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by dan_oufc
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered as I have just seen this thread and have been skimming through... I've received an unconditional offer from Bath to do Social Work which I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept. However, I only received my last decision from all my choices today so haven't been able to accept the offer until now.

I'd completely pushed the accommodation issue to one side whilst I was awaiting my choices. So if I do choose to accept Bath's offer, what is the likelihood at this stage that I will get a choice of where I go 'halls'-wise?

Another question that people may or may not have regards cars. I see in the original posting that the uni states that we cannot keep cars on campus, however, due to the nature of my course I am required to attend placements, which may require me to drive. I was encouraged at interview to pass my driving test. So if anyone has experience of this or could shed some light I would be very grateful! :smile:

Since you received an unconditional offer (like me :five: ) .... U would get ur accommodation before everybody else ... arnd before Aug. .... but there is 1 prob. ... u would hav to make do with all the accommodation that is left as the best ones (Marls/Sols, woodland are totally booked) ... but wichever u choose u are more likely to get than the rest of the students!! :biggrin:

Sorry but I'm not sure abt the parking prob. :smile:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/security/parking/
http://www.bath.ac.uk/security/parking/permits.shtml
...and applications under these provisions should be made via email to Richard Law.

If you go on the bottom link, it'll show his email address. Maybe try emailing him to ask about it.

It's still likely that you'll have a choice, but some have been removed due to overbooking (Marl/Sols went almost immediately).

Parking permits can be bought but they are really expensive as they tend to work on a short term basis. As for placement, when you're away on placement it'll be for a fairly long amount of time (assuming based on my experience of the courses so far). When people are on placement they don't drive from uni but live in the town/city where the placement is so you'll be able to park then.
Parking is only really a problem in first year and seeing as you won't have placements in the first year then you'd be better leaving your car at your parents house.
Reply 386
Original post by Tomcrease
Wow, thanks for your reply I did check on there but couldn't see it. Just didn't look hard enough then :smile:

Do you happen to know when the moving in day would be?

The 22nd of September if I'm not mistaken.
Reply 387
Hey everyone, I firmed a conditional offer from Uni of Bath to study Biology near the end of last month.
when I applied for accommodation I initially went for Marl/Sols but they said they were very heavily subscribed and to choose a different one.

I have since chosen Woodland and got it completed in time before that oversubscribed as well, but reading through this thread I'm wondering whether I've made a bad decision? Is Woodland Court very sociable and lively? how many people are there usually to a flat as I can't find this information anywhere on the site? Surely its not right to say its full of rich kids?

It just doesn't seem like many people have applied for there! any help would be great please guys...
Reply 388
I want to change to Norwood but it won't let me cancel, it's still awaiting verification. :s-smilie: Wat do?
Original post by EloiseB)
Hey everyone, I firmed a conditional offer from Uni of Bath to study Biology near the end of last month.
when I applied for accommodation I initially went for Marl/Sols but they said they were very heavily subscribed and to choose a different one.

I have since chosen Woodland and got it completed in time before that oversubscribed as well, but reading through this thread I'm wondering whether I've made a bad decision? Is Woodland Court very sociable and lively? how many people are there usually to a flat as I can't find this information anywhere on the site? Surely its not right to say its full of rich kids?

It just doesn't seem like many people have applied for there! any help would be great please guys...

Hey, there will be a lot of posh rich kids and you'll probably get some friendly teasing about living there but not everyone is like that. One of my friends lived there last year and loved it. She originally lived in Westwood but asked to be move after having some trouble with her flat. She lived with some really lovely people and they all live together there now in her final year. Where you live doesn't really matter, it just depends on how much effort you put in to meeting people.
Reply 390

OMFG SAME! LOL I'm scared I've made a bad choice and that I won't fit in with the comments I've heard about that choice now!
Might see you there? LOL :smile:
Reply 391

Congrats for the offer :five: :biggrin: !!!

Ahhhh :facepalm: ...... U should be ecstatic :excited:.... Woodland is such an awesome room :dance: .... its much more spacious.... Has a DOUBLE bed :sleep: :couchpotato: ... and a TV!! Fit for a Queen !!!

Plus its close to the gym :dumbells: and parade bar :beer: and the bus stop is just a stone throw away :gah: !!!!!

If thats not enough .... Marl/Sols are like almost stuck to each other so can hop in to a party any time!!! :headbang:

LOL... I'm smiley crazy :woo::woo:

Hope ur reassured now :wink:..... :frown: Now I feel like staying at Woodland !!! :tongue:
Reply 392
Original post by ElizM_94
OMFG SAME! LOL I'm scared I've made a bad choice and that I won't fit in with the comments I've heard about that choice now!
Might see you there? LOL :smile:

Tell me about, they've all had me worrying these last few days, I've been scrolling through the pages trying to look for anything positive! :tongue:

What you going to study? And do you have an insurance uni?

Are you one of these rich kids they all talk about? Coz sadly I'm not Lol

:smile:
Reply 393
Does anyone know what the situations with Norwood and Westwood are like atm? Approaching deadline for UCAS and I still can't make my mind up -_-'
Reply 394
Tell me about, they've all had me worrying these last few days, I've been scrolling through the pages trying to look for anything positive! :tongue:

In my opinion .... U shuld stop worrying so much :smile:

Marls/Sols and woodland court almost have a common wall with each other so it isn;t quite possible that U dont hav plenty of frnds in both the places :biggrin: !!!

Dont worry you will be just fine ... just think of your King size bed and dream away to glory :wink:
Reply 395

LOL same!!! Like I've stopped looking through these now, I get too depressed LOL.
Sociology and Social Policy :smile: wby?
Ah my insurance is Nottingham Uni and yours?
Ah no LOL I wish I was one of the rich kids. Nah, I'm gonna be living a poor life in a rich kids accom. LOL. YEY -.-
Reply 396
LOL same!!! Like I've stopped looking through these now, I get too depressed LOL.
Sociology and Social Policy :smile: wby?
Ah my insurance is Nottingham Uni and yours?
Ah no LOL I wish I was one of the rich kids. Nah, I'm gonna be living a poor life in a rich kids accom. LOL. YEY -.-

Bath is my conditional firm with Nottingham my insurance too... Not sure which accommodation to apply for though :/
Reply 397
Original post by IBishell
Bath is my conditional firm with Nottingham my insurance too... Not sure which accommodation to apply for though :/

LOL pretty much the same as me then. What course?
Well depends what you want! I need my own shower etc LOL so Woodland court suited me best :smile: What kind of things do you need/want?
Reply 398
LOL pretty much the same as me then. What course?
Well depends what you want! I need my own shower etc LOL so Woodland court suited me best :smile: What kind of things do you need/want?

Accounting and finance :smile: I would have liked Woodland too and gotten an ensuite, but that's been taken off as a choice already so I've gone with Norwood.. not too fussed though, meeting the conditions of my offer is what I'm worried about right now! Hahaha
Reply 399
Original post by IBishell
Accounting and finance :smile: I would have liked Woodland too and gotten an ensuite, but that's been taken off as a choice already so I've gone with Norwood.. not too fussed though, meeting the conditions of my offer is what I'm worried about right now! Hahaha

Ahahahaa same! I'm so scared I won't meet my offer. I got sent home from school today because I looked unwell and I begged them to let me stay LOL. Such a nerd. Ah Norwood isn't bad! Is it shared showers?

Quick Reply

Latest