The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Life at leeds, HELP!!!!!!

Hello im hoping to apply for medicine at leeds in october, I am just wondering what the social life is like at leeds because this will be a factor in me chosing it. If anyone has experienced it or knows about it, Infomation would be much appreciated

Also i am a black male, Confident and out going/very social, But i was wondering how ethincally diverse leeds university is?? This wont impact my decision and i dont really care that much but would like to knows
Original post by Richyp22
Hello im hoping to apply for medicine at leeds in october, I am just wondering what the social life is like at leeds because this will be a factor in me chosing it. If anyone has experienced it or knows about it, Infomation would be much appreciated

Also i am a black male, Confident and out going/very social, But i was wondering how ethincally diverse leeds university is?? This wont impact my decision and i dont really care that much but would like to knows

The social life is great, there are some other threads on this forum where it is discussed in detail so I would recommend having a look at those. But I found it excellent.

As regards the diversity of the university - Leeds Met is a lot more diverse in my experience than Leeds Uni, I had friends at both and the Leeds Met crowd were much more likely to be black/mixed race British or asian British. Leeds Uni was more white, apart from the overseas students, but not exclusively so. However the student community is pretty liberal so its not like there are social divisions.

As for Leeds as a city there is quite a high proportion of locals that are black/mixed race, I presume they had fair bit of immigration from Jamaica/Nigeria to Leeds in the 60s-80s etc. So there is a good black social scene, ie the kind of music/nights out that are popular with young black people, there are always loads of white people at them as well.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The social life is great, there are some other threads on this forum where it is discussed in detail so I would recommend having a look at those. But I found it excellent.

As regards the diversity of the university - Leeds Met is a lot more diverse in my experience than Leeds Uni, I had friends at both and the Leeds Met crowd were much more likely to be black/mixed race British or asian British. Leeds Uni was more white, apart from the overseas students, but not exclusively so. However the student community is pretty liberal so its not like there are social divisions.

As for Leeds as a city there is quite a high proportion of locals that are black/mixed race, I presume they had fair bit of immigration from Jamaica/Nigeria to Leeds in the 60s-80s etc. So there is a good black social scene, ie the kind of music/nights out that are popular with young black people, there are always loads of white people at them as well.

Thanks for your help, I SEE YOUR a americian footballer. I currently play and will play in university. Do leeds and leeds met play every year???
Yes there is a Leeds Celtics team and a Leeds Met Carnegie team. Not sure they will play each other every year.

Quick Reply

Latest