The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics A Unit 2 25/05/12 - PHYA2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by fayled
2 so far...

Thanks! Just as a suggestion for Young's modulus or Hook's law, you can reduce parallax error by using mirror alignment method (seeing your eye in mirror to make sure you are reading ruler right).
Can anybody help me with what to draw for question 3e on the January 2011 paper? do you draw a shape similar to that shown at the start of question 3?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-PHYA2-W-QP-JAN11.PDF
Reply 82
Original post by sam.smethurst
Can anybody help me with what to draw for question 3e on the January 2011 paper? do you draw a shape similar to that shown at the start of question 3?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-PHYA2-W-QP-JAN11.PDF

I think it the same shape as in 3a but with the central bright fringe white and the outer fringes must show the spectra with blue on the inner part of the fringes and red on the outer part of the fringes, but I am not 100%.:s-smilie:
Original post by Joe_250
I think it the same shape as in 3a but with the central bright fringe white and the outer fringes must show the spectra with blue on the inner part of the fringes and red on the outer part of the fringes, but I am not 100%.:s-smilie:

So do i just label it or are they expecting me to take some crayons in and do some colouring :L?
Reply 84
Original post by sam.smethurst
So do i just label it or are they expecting me to take some crayons in and do some colouring :L?

Lol , labelling is fine. Unless you really want to crack out the crayolas.
Reply 85
Does anybody have the Jan 2012 markscheme?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 86
Original post by vVShabbaVv
Me too, well said!

Paraphrasing Aristotle, 'people like the first thing that they encounter [in a particular context]'. Just something to think over. :wink:

Good luck with the exam anyway!
Reply 87
Original post by HadrianH
Paraphrasing Aristotle, 'people like the first thing that they encounter [in a particular context]'. Just something to think over. :wink:

MARK SCHEME JAN2012:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=142363&d=1334601720
I found unit 1 sooooo gay. I got all of electricity correct (my dad did an engineering degree so he helps me loads) but particles i lost about 12 marks. Minimum about 58/70.

I also got 36/50 in my isa.

What do i have to get over 90 ums?
Reply 89
Original post by Frodo Baggins
I found unit 1 sooooo gay. I got all of electricity correct (my dad did an engineering degree so he helps me loads) but particles i lost about 12 marks. Minimum about 58/70.

I also got 36/50 in my isa.

What do i have to get over 90 ums?

I found it the opposite. I found the particles pretty easy and the electronics really difficult. How did your class do generally is the isa? I thought it was ok but our teachers won't give us our results for some reason.
Reply 90
what is the total UMS required to a get an A overall?
Reply 91
Original post by amish123
what is the total UMS required to a get an A overall?

240/300:smile:
Reply 92
Original post by silentlife
240/300:smile:

Right okay, so how does the UMS work for ISA's then?
Original post by HadrianH

You sound just like me :-)

Thanks, good luck you too!
Reply 94
Original post by amish123
Right okay, so how does the UMS work for ISA's then?

The 2 exam are out of 120ums (40% of AS physics) and the ISA/EMPA is out of 60ums (20% of AS physics). 2*120+60=300:wink:. Funnily you could theoretically get an A without even doing the ISA.

For more info see specifications:http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2450-W-SP.PDF
Reply 95
Done the two waves experiments that have came up in the past now, so thats covered the main experiments that could come up.

Next I'll probably do the moments one somebody suggested and one investigating wavespeed of the fundamental mode with changing tension in standing waves.
Reply 96
omg fayled ! thank u!
Reply 97
Original post by fayled
Done the two waves experiments that have came up in the past now, so thats covered the main experiments that could come up.

Next I'll probably do the moments one somebody suggested and one investigating wavespeed of the fundamental mode with changing tension in standing waves.

oh that experiment document may have just saved my life!! thanks
Reply 98
thanks so much for the experiment doc fayled :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by ehtisham_1
in my opinion i think it is probs going to be on energy changes

I think that too..... It there has to be one of a mechanics related topic now after so many on waves...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending