Good luck everybody!

Bring it on, AS Biology:bl:

Edexcel?
Original post by Maths_Lover
Good luck to you, too! :biggrin:

I've been well - how about you? :cute:

You can't write on my wall or PM me? That's odd. :hmmmm2:

Thank you. Will need it. :smile:

Good good! I hope you haven't burnt yourself out.
Well, I'm as anxious as everyone else. But I'm okey. :smile:

I know. Can you manage with me?
Original post by Mollymod
Good luck everybody!

Bring it on, AS Biology:bl:

Good luck to you. You'll boss your way through. Bio is monday, Am I right?
Original post by Coco_94
Thank you. Will need it. :smile:

Good good! I hope you haven't burnt yourself out.
Well, I'm as anxious as everyone else. But I'm okey. :smile:

I know. Can you manage with me?

You'll be fine, Master Coco. :smug:

Not this time, thanks. I hope you haven't either. It's good to know that you are OK, though. :smile:

It's alright - do what you can. :penguinhug:
Reply 1064
You'll be fine, Master Coco. :smug:

Not this time, thanks. I hope you haven't either. It's good to know that you are OK, though. :smile:

It's alright - do what you can. :penguinhug:

I need your professional opinion.

Do you think they've done this question in a weird way?

VariableMass1.JPG
VariableMass.JPG

I did it like so:

IMAG0168.jpg
Original post by chignesh10
Edexcel?

Yep.

Yes, Coco, Biology is Monday morning. Good that it leaves the rest of the day and the following morning to recover and revise Chemistry. I'm not really burnt out, just at the realisation that time really is up, and I need to just polish up on everything, recap a few things, I'm not actually learning anything new which is good.

Goodluck Coco! Hope to speak to you soon in the coming weeks :smile:
Yes, Coco, Biology is Monday morning. Good that it leaves the rest of the day and the following morning to recover and revise Chemistry. I'm not really burnt out, just at the realisation that time really is up, and I need to just polish up on everything, recap a few things, I'm not actually learning anything new which is good.

Goodluck Coco! Hope to speak to you soon in the coming weeks :smile:

Mhm, I have some polishing up to do today also.

Yes, yes we shall indeed speak in the coming weeks. Good luck. :smile:
Thank you maths___lover for your help. :smile:
Original post by wcp100
I need your professional opinion.

Do you think they've done this question in a weird way?

VariableMass1.JPG
VariableMass.JPG

I did it like so:

IMAG0168.jpg

Professional opinion? Thanks... :colondollar:

Your method seems a lot quicker. :smile: I sometimes find that the books do not always do the questions in the best way possible as well and I end up doing it a different way.

It shouldn't matter if you've done it a different way - as long as it's valid (which it is), then you should be given full credit.
Original post by economicsjunkie
Thank you maths___lover for your help. :smile:

You are welcome. :cute:
I've completed my (classical) music playlist so I'm going to get round to starting revision soon :biggrin: :

Spoiler

Thoughts? It's quite different to the one I used before GCSEs, but I'm quite happy with it :yep:
Original post by Llewellyn
I've completed my (classical) music playlist so I'm going to get round to starting revision soon :biggrin: :

Spoiler

Thoughts? It's quite different to the one I used before GCSEs, but I'm quite happy with it :yep:

That is an awesome playlist... and there's nothing wrong with being a Mozart fanboy. :u:

Depending on what sort of mood I'm in I will revise to different kinds of music. :smile: Classical is fantastic to revise to though (as long as it's not too relaxing! :teehee: ).
Reply 1072
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
They're just not famous to me :rolleyes: I agree with you on that point :smile:
Hmmm yes I should, is there anything that people who hate reading will love?
I never knew she was married so many times; I guess I learnt something today :biggrin:
I do my reading by having subtitles on when watching tv (can't have the volume up :frown:) so i'm pretty fast, well average.
Eyy :angry: Don't diss maths.

Never heard of that book before; Are you (planning on) reading it?

You should broaden your horizons then :tongue:
I don't know, I don't know what kind of genre/form you would prefer :tongue:
I learnt that doing contextual research for my coursework :ahee:
That doesn't count :rofl:
I'm not, just maths books :tongue:

No, but my boyfriend is a maths nerd/genius so I was thinking of buying it for his birthday. Because he is impossible to buy for :angry: It's got facts/problems about all the numbers up to 200 and it looks quite interesting, but idk.

Original post by --emma--
Mine did too. :yep:
We come back after half term.
:console:
At my school quite a few people would retake C1 so they decided that we should do C1 and M1 in May of year 12, and then we'll do C2 and S1 next January, and C3 and C4 next summer.

:five:
Ahh cool. We do get the week before half term off as "inset week" as a rest but some people still have exams during it.
Oh I see! But what if people only wanted to do AS?

Spoiler

I really like Pachelbel and Holst's works. I have Mozart's 40th Symphony in G Minor in mine, and Chopin's Prelude in D Flat Major. I'll have a look around for some Handel or Haydn at some point too.
That is an awesome playlist... and there's nothing wrong with being a Mozart fanboy. :u:

Depending on what sort of mood I'm in I will revise to different kinds of music. :smile: Classical is fantastic to revise to though (as long as it's not too relaxing! :teehee: ).

:woo::five:

I think I spent almost all of last year revising to some very hard rock and metal music. I find that I work better when I'm relaxed though, and Classical music is great overall. I may mix in some game themes (music) and alternative music (e.g. Emancipator, Sigur ros, etc.) but in general that theme fits best.

I also (generally) listen to some relatively unknown or unfamiliar music. Because if I revise chemistry whilst listening to Holst's suite, and I forget a catalyst in an exam, I'm normally able to remember it through bringing the music back into my head. I've also been experimenting with incorporating smells into memory aids, but that might be a bit difficult. :lol:

Best of luck with revision (goes for all of you guys) :h: you're all so intelligent, I can't really foresee any of your having trouble though :unsure:
Reply 1075
:woo::five:

I think I spent almost all of last year revising to some very hard rock and metal music. I find that I work better when I'm relaxed though, and Classical music is great overall. I may mix in some game themes (music) and alternative music (e.g. Emancipator, Sigur ros, etc.) but in general that theme fits best.

I also (generally) listen to some relatively unknown or unfamiliar music. Because if I revise chemistry whilst listening to Holst's suite, and I forget a catalyst in an exam, I'm normally able to remember it through bringing the music back into my head. I've also been experimenting with incorporating smells into memory aids, but that might be a bit difficult. :lol:

Best of luck with revision (goes for all of you guys) :h: you're all so intelligent, I can't really foresee any of your having trouble though :unsure:

So it's not just me that does this! :ahee:
I really like Pachelbel and Holst's works. I have Mozart's 40th Symphony in G Minor in mine, and Chopin's Prelude in D Flat Major. I'll have a look around for some Handel or Haydn at some point too.

I find most entire full-blown symphonies quite distracting :frown: Which is why I don't have Beethoven's 7th (II) or 9th symphonies.

"Raindrop" is a lovely piece though
Does everyone's exams start tomorrow?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Does everyone's exams start tomorrow?

Tomorrow is sunday... :hmmm:
Reply 1079
Professional opinion? Thanks... :colondollar:

Your method seems a lot quicker. :smile: I sometimes find that the books do not always do the questions in the best way possible as well and I end up doing it a different way.

It shouldn't matter if you've done it a different way - as long as it's valid (which it is), then you should be given full credit.

Thanks I was just clarifying. The negative mass in their solution confused me.

Latest