The Student Room Group

Natwest 2021 video interview

I got through to the video interview stage and im looking for any advice, or any example questions. or experience on how you felt about that stage of the application?

I've done one before for Kier, and that was a mess cos it was my first time and I think I got 2 clear words in and just froze for the entire 2 minutes they gave me lol

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I just got through to the video interview too! Any hints on what comes up if you've done it yet? thanks! :smile:
I did mine yesterday, was the hardest VI I have done.

6 basic questions with about 4-6 specific points given to touch on in each question
Original post by BilboBaggins54
I did mine yesterday, was the hardest VI I have done.

6 basic questions with about 4-6 specific points given to touch on in each question

Hey man, thanks for sharing! My VI deadline is the 5th.
6 basic questions you mean competency based or scenario-based?
And how long did the whole VI last for you?
Original post by haks123
Hi everyone, I have my VI due in by the end of today. I was wondering whether anyone could provide further insights into their VI? It would be much appreciated.

No one can provide information, all relevant information is contained in the NatWest email.
Has anyone heard back after the video interview?
Original post by goodluck!

Not yet. I finished my VI on the 24th and my programme closed already, so I'm a bit nervous!
Original post by rumplestillskin
Not yet. I finished my VI on the 24th and my programme closed already, so I'm a bit nervous!

Oh I see, hope you hear back soon!! What programme did you apply to?
Oh I see, hope you hear back soon!! What programme did you apply to?

Communications and corporate affairs. My status still says in process on Workday, so I'm still in the running I suppose. Have you heard back from them?
Communications and corporate affairs. My status still says in process on Workday, so I'm still in the running I suppose. Have you heard back from them?

No, I haven't. I did my VI on 5th Oct.
How did everyone find VI I thought it was really tough and challenging iinovative invest relationship value critical capabilities inclusitivuty sustain CSr mog
Reply 11
Found the VI tough as well, anyone heard anything back yet?
Original post by Lord1

Haven't heard back yet, thought it went ok but probably the one I struggled with most because of how many points they wanted you to cover in each answer, which got me a bit muddled. Which program did you apply for?
Original post by Lord1

Still no answer for me!

Original post by achieve526kk
How did everyone find VI I thought it was really tough and challenging iinovative invest relationship value critical capabilities inclusitivuty sustain CSr mog

I think the questions themselves were quite fair, but having only 2 mins to prepare thoughtful answers for around 4-6 questions was tough. I only feel confident with one of my answers.

Yes i have ive now passed vi but now its an anticipating wait to see if im shortlisted for an AC
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
Yes i have ive now passed vi but now its an anticipating wait to see if im shortlisted for an AC

How long until you got the result?
Original post by gcsesimsoscared

Congrats! How long did it take for you to get back from them, and which role did you apply for, if you don't mind sharing? :smile:
Can anyone give some kind of guidance on the type of questions they asked?
Congrats! How long did it take for you to get back from them, and which role did you apply for, if you don't mind sharing? :smile:

Of course :smile: I found out three weeks ago but havent heard about the AC yet but dont worry I think they just havent selected AC dates yet so they will get back to you soon fingers crossed!
Still no answer for me!

I think the questions themselves were quite fair, but having only 2 mins to prepare thoughtful answers for around 4-6 questions was tough. I only feel confident with one of my answers.

I felt confident about none of my answers :afraid:
I dont think what I said in any of it made much sense cos it was so nerve-racking and short, it's so much easier having a real conversation than giving structure essay answers on the spot

Quick Reply

Latest