The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emissionspectra
:P easiest thing is to just immerse yourself that's what i did.

Will do. :awesome:
Original post by Maths_Lover
Will do. :awesome:

I just pretended I didnt speak English for like a year and a half, was pretty fun haha, I got some funny looks of people.
I just pretended I didnt speak English for like a year and a half, was pretty fun haha, I got some funny looks of people.

Brilliant! :rofl:

Gives me more reasons to watch anime, too. :colone:
Brilliant! :rofl:

Gives me more reasons to watch anime, too. :colone:

yes! oh the countless reruns of death note code geasse and Fullmetal alchemist.
yes! oh the countless reruns of death note code geasse and Fullmetal alchemist.

:sogood: I cannot wait.
Problem:
3 men are all found dead outside of an igloo. There are no visible marks on any of them. Explain.
Original post by Conan
:lolwut:

They fell asleep outside and froze to death?
3. They got bored of building the igloo, fell asleep in the snow and died of snow inhalation.

Maybe the fact that there is an igloo doesn't necessarily mean snow/ice was involved. :holmes:
Between these 2 guesses, this is perhaps ~ 15% there. ML you are right to question assumptions like "there may not have been snow because there is an igloo" or even "their death may not be a cause of the igloo" or "they were found dead, they may not have necessarily died". But don't get too sidetracked.

Things to think about:
1) Why were the men there? What could they have been doing?
2) Think carefully about the igloo part.
3) Assuming the men aren't morons who committed suicide, what could the cause of death have been?
4) How does this cause of death tie into the situation?

Edit: I just realised you're all probably in school... :nothing::tumble::tumble:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by D95
So guys, anybody else really happy they don't have to do Stats again after tomorrow? :biggrin: (well, technically today now)

I don't understand how you don't collapse at school, with your sleeping pattern, D :tongue:
Reply 1787
Sorry to be a spammmmer, but please can you all go and like our photo on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456281651055713&set=a.411722632178282.114354.207652342585313&type=1&theater to help us win free kit for our club! You'll get to do this when you're at uni :wink: xx
Reply 1788
Original post by Llewellyn
Problem:
3 men are all found dead outside of an igloo. There are no visible marks on any of them. Explain.Between these 2 guesses, this is perhaps ~ 15% there. ML you are right to question assumptions like "there may not have been snow because there is an igloo" or even "their death may not be a cause of the igloo" or "they were found dead, they may not have necessarily died". But don't get too sidetracked.

Things to think about:
3) Assuming the men aren't morons who committed suicide, what could the cause of death have been?

Edit: I just realised you're all probably in school... :nothing::tumble::tumble:

I'm not :colone:

The igloo would be there to keep warm and protect themselves. Obviously there is no food in there so they quickly begin to starve?

By Igloo do you mean the ice hut or something else like a freezer brand? Could they be in their kitchen with an igloo brand freezer and left the stove on and choked to death?
(edited 11 years ago)
The answer is not convoluted or silly... They did not die because they starved to death or because they froze to death. Although a convenient way around the situation, neither of those make sense.
Original post by VictorDeLost

There could have been two igloos next to each other. They were all in one, but it caved in and killed them.

It's not right, but that's your best attempt
Original post by wcp100
By Igloo do you mean the ice hut or something else like a freezer brand? Could they be in their kitchen with an igloo brand freezer and left the stove on and choked to death?

I like the lateral thinking... not sure where the stove idea is coming from... I think if there was enough soot for them to choke to death there would probably be some marks on the bodies.

By "no visible marks" I mean if you were just given their bodies, you could not work out or guess the cause of death with "normal" equipment.

You need to think about why/ what they were there/ doing.
Reply 1790

I like the lateral thinking... not sure where the stove idea is coming from... I think if there was enough soot for them to choke to death there would probably be some marks on the bodies.

By "no visible marks" I mean if you were just given their bodies, you could not work out or guess the cause of death with "normal" equipment.

You need to think about why/ what they were there/ doing.

I'll expand.

Once upon a time two people were cooking in picturesque cottage located in Tumbridge Wells. They'd recently taken delivery of their new freezer, which they were very excited about; being avid yet amateur cooks. They'd only ever dealt with electric cookers before and were unaware of the dangers of a gas hob.

One day they one of the persons made a hysterical joke and they set about laughing; tumbling about the place. In doing so one knocked the knobs on the cooker turning on the gas and not lighting it. One of them slipped, not enough to cause visible damage, and the other toppled on top.

Being a small cottage meant that it didn't take long before the kitchen filled with noxious fumes killing them and the laughing only sped up the process. Naively they hadn't invested in any sort of detector thinking it would only disrupt them. Soon after being killed one of lights blew causing a circuit breaker to trip and an emergency gas valve to shut. The old cottage gradually emptied of the scentless fumes eliminating the evidence. They were then discovered unmarked dead by the igloo freezer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by wcp100
I'll expand.

Once upon a time two people were cooking in picturesque cottage located in Tumbridge Wells. They'd recently taken delivery of their new freezer, which they were very excited about; being avid yet amateur cooks. They'd only ever dealt with electric cookers before and were unaware of the dangers of a gas hob.

One day they one of the persons made a hysterical joke and they set about laughing; tumbling about the place. In doing so one knocked the knobs on the cooker turning on the gas and not lighting it. One of them slipped, not enough to cause visible damage, and the other toppled on top.

Being a small cottage meant that it didn't take long before the kitchen filled with noxious fumes killing them and the laughing only sped up the process. Naively they hadn't invested in any sort of detector thinking it would only disrupt them. Soon after being killed one of lights blew causing a circuit breaker to trip and an emergency gas valve to shut. The old cottage gradually emptied of the scentless fumes eliminating the evidence. They were then discovered unmarked dead by the igloo freezer.

You're very, very close and I like that solution (in fairness it holds). In fact, quite a few solutions hold. That's the problem with this type of question :hmmm:

The one I'm looking for/ intended does not involve any cookers though.

Don't read unless you're wcp:

Spoiler

Reply 1792
You're very, very close and I like that solution (in fairness it holds). In fact, quite a few solutions hold. That's the problem with this type of question :hmmm:

The one I'm looking for/ intended does not involve any cookers though.

Don't read unless you're wcp:

Spoiler

Dafuq? That was close?

Damn.

Hmmm....
Closer than I expected anyone to get without hints.
Problem:
3 men are all found dead outside of an igloo. There are no visible marks on any of them. Explain.Between these 2 guesses, this is perhaps ~ 15% there. ML you are right to question assumptions like "there may not have been snow because there is an igloo" or even "their death may not be a cause of the igloo" or "they were found dead, they may not have necessarily died". But don't get too sidetracked.

Things to think about:

I went to school for Maths. :tongue: I am going to have a think about them in a bit... I want to indulge a bit of anime as it actually helped me become motivated to study this morning... :lolwut:

Angel Beats is amazing! :love:
What tree grows from the top down?

Spoiler

What must be spoken before it is broken?

Spoiler

I am where yesterday comes after today, and yet tomorrow resides in the middle of both. What am I?

Spoiler

I am the best creature ever to honour the Earth, what am I?

Spoiler

Reply 1796
I went to school for Maths. :tongue: I am going to have a think about them in a bit... I want to indulge a bit of anime as it actually helped me become motivated to study this morning... :lolwut:

Angel Beats is amazing! :love:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=812426

:lol:

I swear I've seen another Maths_Lover too a while back. :tongue:
Llewellyn... For the first one I was going to say lightning... but that's not a tree. :rofl:
:K:

Latest