The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

please help with accomodation info!

Heya i'm pretty sure that b.ham is gna be my firm choice for sept 2006 and im now startin to fill in the application form.. I really really want ensuite, self catered preferably fairly close to the main uni...(round the lake area i dnt know...?) wat do u think is the best accomodation like this? and also do I put this on my form? it doesn't state u shud but there is an additional comments part..hm..
so far i'm liking the look of Elgar court but wat du think?
Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 1
There are countless threads on this, the general consensus is that elgar court is the best self catered/en suite. However, bear in mind that in your second/third/fourth years you will be sharing a bathroom, so an en suite would only delay this :wink:. Best advice if you are desperate is to use the "additional comments" box to show how desperate you are for a particular place.

The lake area is called The Vale by the way :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
hey, the closest place to the uni id Douper i think (please correct me if Im wrong) but Pritchatts Park is nice, and a mere 5-10 minute walk to lectures, depending on what course you do. Its a fantastic place to live in my opinion. And as it gets said, unless youre one of the few that returns to uni accom, you'll be sharing a bathroom very very quickly in reality, so it might not be such a wise idea to have ensuite to begin with. And really, sharing aint that bad! i havent had a single problem (im in one bath between six) you kinda just get a shower when you want one!
Reply 3
Lauren Hart
hey, the closest place to the uni id Douper i think (please correct me if Im wrong) but Pritchatts Park is nice, and a mere 5-10 minute walk to lectures, depending on what course you do. Its a fantastic place to live in my opinion. And as it gets said, unless youre one of the few that returns to uni accom, you'll be sharing a bathroom very very quickly in reality, so it might not be such a wise idea to have ensuite to begin with. And really, sharing aint that bad! i havent had a single problem (im in one bath between six) you kinda just get a shower when you want one!

Jarratt is closest, but only by the width of bristol road :wink:
Reply 4
elgar rules. for any photos/comments of the place, ask away.
it would be great if you could post some pics of Elgar Court. Isn't it the most expensive of the accomodations at the vale though?
Reply 6
Nah, shackleton is. Because there is an extra £31 a week of food payments lumped on top...

there are also 3 or photos of elgar at www.davestones.com . :smile:
Reply 7
Nice pics Dave, but how did you get you bed parallel with the window? Mine won't fit and I'm in Centre Court. Also love the views from the top of the clock tower!

To everyone else I don't think you have any control over what hall you are placed in so relax and enjoy the randomness of it all. It's not where you are that will make a difference it's who you are with.
Reply 8
it's a very tight fit. you cant just turn it 90 degrees, you have to sort of get two people, lift it 45 degrees to horizontal, turn it a bit, get someone to lift the back end etc. persistence pays off though, it gives you so much more floor space :0
Reply 9
Catalan Midget
it would be great if you could post some pics of Elgar Court. Isn't it the most expensive of the accomodations at the vale though?

i'll go taking pics of everything tomorrow when it's light.

Latest

Trending

Trending