The Student Room Group

Student Nursing length of accommodation contract

My daughter is likely to start Sept 24 and we are looking at accommodation. As student nurses holidays are sometimes different to other courses over the summer, does anyone if a 40/43 or 50 week contract is needed?
Original post by Daltona
My daughter is likely to start Sept 24 and we are looking at accommodation. As student nurses holidays are sometimes different to other courses over the summer, does anyone if a 40/43 or 50 week contract is needed?

I would book the accommodation for the whole year due to how nursing degrees work throughout the year.
Each university works differently from each other.
The academic term is generally a 45 weeks with students getting about 7 weeks holidays of ( these are two weeks at Xmas and new year, about two weeks at Easter time, week roughly of before the start of the next academic year and few other weeks in between )
She'll be either working on placement or in university study weeks over the summer months depending how her university works out the academic term workload.

Best of luck for her for her nursing degree.

NHS registered midwife
Reply 2
Thanks Tracey, really helpful :smile:
As a first year student on an Adult nursing programme it's essential to have a long course or extended accomodation contract. Bear in mind that during placement blocs it's possible to be matched away from accomodation. In this case the NHS Learning Support fund would help to cover additional costs.
Original post by Daltona
Thanks Tracey, really helpful :smile:

You are welcome 🤗🤗🤗 hopefully she'll get things sorted out soon for her accommodation.

Have she thought about private accommodation or flat sharing instead of using the university accommodation as maybe far cheaper but at least with university of you are gaunatee a room for your studies unlike private you can be asked to find alternative places by the landlord.....
Original post by Tracey_W
You are welcome 🤗🤗🤗 hopefully she'll get things sorted out soon for her accommodation.
Have she thought about private accommodation or flat sharing instead of using the university accommodation as maybe far cheaper but at least with university of you are gaunatee a room for your studies unlike private you can be asked to find alternative places by the landlord.....

For nursing students I definetely recommend halls - private accommodation you have rent, electricity, broadband, tv, heating, and your at the mercy of flatmates.

No one wants to pay for someone who hogs the shower or keeps the heating at 30oc in their room
Reply 6
Thanks for the info Dave :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending