The Student Room Group

GCSE Notes.

note: scroll down to my other replies within the thread for other resources

I made these last year and thought I may aswell share them with others as they may be useful (I achieved an A* so I guess they're pretty good)

I only have Of Mice and Men notes, and full essays that I wrote for each major character and theme along with Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Armitage poems, and pre-1914 poem analysis.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
isp
OP
Of Mice and Men Essays; (I will scan the ones in I wrote by hand when I get time)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
isp
OP
Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Armitage, and Pre-1914 notes
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
isp
OP
Condensed version of Carol Ann Duffy/Simon Armitage/Pre-1914 notes
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Absolutely amazing! Thank you! Could you please upload any poem notes and any more essays you have on Of Mice and Men/Heores (Cormier)/ Hobson's Chouce (Brighthoouse)? Thank you again :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thank you so so much for these. I would really appreciate if you could upload any more OMAM essays and any pre-1914 poem stuff. Thanks again! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by isp
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Could you please upload the Carol Ann Duffy notes, they would be very useful:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by isp
I'm not sure if these are stilluseful to anyone as I do not know if your exam is over, although I made these last year (I achieved an A* so it I guess they're pretty good) and thought I may aswell post them up as I do not need them anymore.

I only have Of Mice and Men notes, and full essays that I wrote for each major character and theme along with Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Armitage poems, and pre-1914 poem analysis. If you would like me to upload the poem notes or essays, then feel free to post on this thread and I will have a look for them.

thank you so much! these are very useful! it would be great if you could upload the poem notes/essays! thanks again!
Original post by isp
I'm not sure if these are stilluseful to anyone as I do not know if your exam is over, although I made these last year (I achieved an A* so it I guess they're pretty good) and thought I may aswell post them up as I do not need them anymore.

I only have Of Mice and Men notes, and full essays that I wrote for each major character and theme along with Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Armitage poems, and pre-1914 poem analysis. If you would like me to upload the poem notes or essays, then feel free to post on this thread and I will have a look for them.

There is an exam on tuesday so there are very helpful! These notes are amazing and thankyou for having the brrillant idea of uploading it to TSR!!! Thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Hope i get get an A* too :wink:
Reply 9
isp
OP
Original post by matty123
Absolutely amazing! Thank you! Could you please upload any poem notes and any more essays you have on Of Mice and Men/Heores (Cormier)/ Hobson's Chouce (Brighthoouse)? Thank you again :biggrin:

Original post by ElMoro
Thank you so so much for these. I would really appreciate if you could upload any more OMAM essays and any pre-1914 poem stuff. Thanks again! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by LiamP16
Could you please upload the Carol Ann Duffy notes, they would be very useful:biggrin:

Original post by amanduuh_
thank you so much! these are very useful! it would be great if you could upload the poem notes/essays! thanks again!

Original post by cardigansandjeans
There is an exam on tuesday so there are very helpful! These notes are amazing and thankyou for having the brrillant idea of uploading it to TSR!!! Thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Hope i get get an A* too :wink:

Uploaded them.

Just scroll down to my posts within the thread to find whichever ones you need.
Reply 10
The of mice and men stuff are Amazing! thankyou!
However my weaker points are Inspector calls and the poems, it looks like you did a different cluster of poems.

Does anyone have revision cards for relationships?

and anyone have An Inspector calls revisoin and essays?
Im aiming for an a* too but Im actualy really scared, the literature exam the examiner didnt agree with me so i got an b and i wasnt allowed to resit ot get it remarked because overall I get an A as my coursework was a* so it wasnt worth it...but i need all the a*'s I can get for uni :frown:

anyone have this?
Reply 11
isp
OP
Original post by sm3lly2ooo
The of mice and men stuff are Amazing! thankyou!
However my weaker points are Inspector calls and the poems, it looks like you did a different cluster of poems.

Does anyone have revision cards for relationships?

and anyone have An Inspector calls revisoin and essays?
Im aiming for an a* too but Im actualy really scared, the literature exam the examiner didnt agree with me so i got an b and i wasnt allowed to resit ot get it remarked because overall I get an A as my coursework was a* so it wasnt worth it...but i need all the a*'s I can get for uni :frown:

anyone have this?

Unfortunately I only have OMAM, and Duffy/Armitage/Pre-1914
If you are doing AQA you don't need these Mice and Men quotes as they give you an extract to write about
Reply 13
Thank you, these notes are really helpful! Are the OMAM essays A*? & Is isolation likely to come up in Tuesday's exam?
Original post by The Pixie
Thank you, these notes are really helpful! Are the OMAM essays A*? & Is isolation likely to come up in Tuesday's exam?

It usually says something like "In the passage above, how does Priestly present social problems at the time?" and you'd say like Racism, Isolation, Social discrimination etc
Reply 15
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
It usually says something like "In the passage above, how does Priestly present social problems at the time?" and you'd say like Racism, Isolation, Social discrimination etc

Ohhhh okay thanks :smile:
Reply 16
I wish we got more time and even a clean copy of the book with WJEC.

1 extract question, 1 essay question, 1 question asking you to write about 2 unseen poems which we know nothing about. I have gathered that other exam boards give you a theme or anthology of what could come up in the exam (please correct me if I am wrong), but we get nothing with WJEC. We also have to compare and contrast the poems.

All of this in two hours on tuesday.
Reply 17
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
If you are doing AQA you don't need these Mice and Men quotes as they give you an extract to write about

Mate, you do realise that is only for part a of the question? Part b of the question talks about "the novel as a whole" :fyi:
Original post by ElMoro
Mate, you do realise that is only for part a of the question? Part b of the question talks about "the novel as a whole" :fyi:

Oh right, I always use the passage for part b aswell as it's better to write a lot about a little
Reply 19
These notes are great! I'm just stuck on the significance of Slim in the story- what is the purpose of the character what is Steinbeck trying to relay to the reader about the time in America? I thought perhaps hid knowledge and kindness showed that during the Depression there were still some great people whose power came from within them, and that he represents the hope and intellect that some people were capable of at the time?
Please help ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest