The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
one of my mates applied

he hasnt recieved a reply yet, but warwick and manchester have given him offers so far

good luck
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Streetwize
one of my mates applied

he hasnt recieved a reply yet, but warwick and manchester have given him offers so far

good luck

Cheers mate,thanks for the reply.
What subjects is your mate doing and whats he been predicted?(if you know them that is).
Thanks.
Reply 3
Ive just found out that i have an offer for Economics and Economic History at LSE.(I am a very happy person at the moment!!!!!!!).
But....
Does any one know what this means:

"Obtain at A-Level grades AAB with grade A in 1 Mathematics
subject, from your future examinations."

I'm guessing it means they want an 'A' in Maths.Can someone clear this up for me please.

Sukh.
Reply 4
yes they want an A at mathematics. Congs. What where u predicted and at what subjects?
Reply 5
HamaL
yes they want an A at mathematics. Congs. What where u predicted and at what subjects?

I thought so. Its a bit harsh seeming as though a typical offer is ABB according to the website.Still i shouldnt complain!lol.

GCSE's : 6 A's 4 B's
AS: AABB (Economics,History,Mathematics,Biology respectively)
A2: Predicted AAA

Im gonna have to work hard for the rest of the year to get an A in Maths.I think i did shit in Mech 1 in jan. But with any luck ive finished my Economics A-Level off early having taken all three papers in Jan.History im pretty confident of getting an A but im gonna have to make some progress wiv my coursework (25% of A2) quicksmart (Havent had the motivation to do it up until i got this offer!).

All my other offers are for straight economics.Im not sure whether i may be better off doing economics at University of Nottingham (AAA).What do you think?How well respected is an Economics and Economic History degree in comparison to a straight economics one at Notts?What are the career prospects from this degree? Its not as if i wont enjoy the Economics and Economic History degree cos as you can see i have a History background.I appreciate your thaughts on the matter.

Sukh
Reply 6
Sukh are you an international student or a home student?
Reply 7
deianra
Wow, I'm looking to apply for Economics and Economic History at LSE this year. Can you tell me what GCSEs you got, ASs you got/did and also, what extra-curricular activities?

Roughly what did you write on your UCAS form and did you say anything extra for the Economic History side of things?

Funnily enough my first choice would have been to do straight economics but i was lucky enough to this offer from LSE having been rejected for straight economics.My PS was geared up for straight economics,i hadnt even mentioned anything about history or how much i enjoy it.i thought therefore i wouldnt be successful in getting an offer.

As you can see my GCSE's or AS-Levels are not exactly mind blowing in comparison to others on this site. But i wouldnt read to much into that as the fact im from a respected but pretty run down state school in a deprived area will probably have aided me.But saying that i am a National League registered hockey player, have travelled a lot and have done the usaul stuff like work experience and am currently in paid employment which also helps.
Reply 8
Mysticmin
Sukh are you an international student or a home student?

Im a home student - from Leicester.
Reply 9
deianra
I'd go for the LSE offer as LSE is more respected in social sciences than Nottingham.

I don't have History!! But I have excellent grades? I'm going to apply to read Economics (normally with something like Politics or Economic History :wink: ). Not straight Economics though, maybe one exception.

I have 10A*s at GCSE, and predicted 4As at AS (Maths, Economics, German and Chemistry) and also taking Further Maths AS as well as Critical Thinking AS. And as well as this, too many extra curricular activities that American colleges would love.

Will the Critical Thinking make up for the lack of History? :frown:

Your grades are excellent and so are your AS choices.LSE seem to love Maths.I dont think doing History is vital at all.LSE like the traditional subjects and all of yours are. They like languages aswell so i wouldnt worry about not doing history. I dont think Critical Thinking is on the same level as history tbh but you seem to have 'plenty more in you locker.'

Sukh.

Latest

Trending

Trending