The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you car if seen on the road without tax will be clamped or towed if you're driving about. Mine was clamped outside of my house (it didnt run, ceased engine)
Reply 41
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
I know it's an old thread :smile: Just trying it out and replying to the OP...just giving a bit of up to date info :smile:

Op's last login date was: Last Activity 14-06-2012

You realise your mods hand out cards for what you did lol? Are you condoning it? (ie. it's no longer banned!)
Original post by samba
Op's last login date was: Last Activity 14-06-2012

You realise your mods hand out cards for what you did lol? Are you condoning it? (ie. it's no longer banned!)

Hey Samba, we're not condoning it, we're currently undergoing an experiment for old thread pages, but only on select pages.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax

Not sure if OP has the requirements but it would solve a problem.
Reply 44
Yeah most post offices do tax your car but make sure before hand, all you need is your reg, vintage number located the bottom of your front windscreen or under the bonnet it will be on a metal plate it's the long number with letters
Reply 45
Original post by I likewinegums
Do police cars have devices that can pick up on un-taxed vehicles? are you sure that points are not given for expired tax and driving without it ?

Select ones do, those fitted with ANPR cameras check the whole range.

Most in my home area don't have them, although as I work in Croydon there are a LOT of police in that area and 99% of them drive ANPR fitted cars.

If your car drives past their camera, and you have:

No Tax
No Insurance

It will flag up on their MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) and an alarm sound will go off in their car... they can then decide to stop you for it and do the relevant checks.

Markers put on the car for things such as Drugs, Firearms offences, etc will show up on screen for the officers to then decide whether they wish to pull you up and check you aren't "re-offending".
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Do petrol stations scan your reg using ANPR to check for tax and insurance ? If so do they report it to the Dvla ?
Reply 48
Original post by L338O
Do petrol stations scan your reg using ANPR to check for tax and insurance ? If so do they report it to the Dvla ?

This thread is from 2012 and hasnt had a reply in well over a year. Start your own thread.
Reply 49
Nothin happen. Have entitlements drive no tax for 2 week as long get done be fine.
Reply 50
Original post by JUNknow
Nothin happen. Have entitlements drive no tax for 2 week as long get done be fine.

No one has replied in this thread since 2016 - driving without tax is never okay.
I bought a car.The next day the police took away the car.What do i do now,or the police can do it?

Latest

Trending

Trending