This discussion is closed.
kimmybabe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi all
my brother has just been diognised with epilepsy and i am trying to find out some information.

the seizures are quiet bad his right eye start blinking and he stops breathing. He started having seizures after suffering extensive hypoxic brain damage from a shunt blockage.

he has a tracheostomy and the respiritory arrest is managed by an ambubag and a re-breather bag.
He is on sodium valporate and carbamazephine and these do not seem to be working.
If anyone can tell me anything that may be of use then i will be extremely gratefull!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.medindia.net/Patients/Pat...o/epilepsy.asp

i dunno if this is any use. you seem to know a lot already
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
keep him away from surfing hamsters avatar
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could try learning First Aid so that you know how to deal with a seizure. It's also very useful for other things, and a seizure may lead to any one of them.
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kimmybabe)
hi all
my brother has just been diognised with epilepsy and i am trying to find out some information.

the seizures are quiet bad his right eye start blinking and he stops breathing. He started having seizures after suffering extensive hypoxic brain damage from a shunt blockage.

he has a tracheostomy and the respiritory arrest is managed by an ambubag and a re-breather bag.
He is on sodium valporate and carbamazephine and these do not seem to be working.
If anyone can tell me anything that may be of use then i will be extremely gratefull!
Is that like photo sensitive epilepsy?
kimmybabe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
no it is not photo sensitive epilepsy, it happens at anytime, randomly, while being bagged he is always fully conciouse and alert, he is not aware that his breathing has stopped it does not compromise him.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (14)
12.5%
A mix of in-person and online options (23)
20.54%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (64)
57.14%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (11)
9.82%

Watched Threads