The Student Room Group

epilepsy

hi all
my brother has just been diognised with epilepsy and i am trying to find out some information.

the seizures are quiet bad his right eye start blinking and he stops breathing. He started having seizures after suffering extensive hypoxic brain damage from a shunt blockage.

he has a tracheostomy and the respiritory arrest is managed by an ambubag and a re-breather bag.
He is on sodium valporate and carbamazephine and these do not seem to be working.
If anyone can tell me anything that may be of use then i will be extremely gratefull!
Reply 1
http://www.medindia.net/Patients/PatientInfo/epilepsy.asp

i dunno if this is any use. you seem to know a lot already
Reply 2
keep him away from surfing hamsters avatar
Reply 3
You could try learning First Aid so that you know how to deal with a seizure. It's also very useful for other things, and a seizure may lead to any one of them.
Reply 4
kimmybabe
hi all
my brother has just been diognised with epilepsy and i am trying to find out some information.

the seizures are quiet bad his right eye start blinking and he stops breathing. He started having seizures after suffering extensive hypoxic brain damage from a shunt blockage.

he has a tracheostomy and the respiritory arrest is managed by an ambubag and a re-breather bag.
He is on sodium valporate and carbamazephine and these do not seem to be working.
If anyone can tell me anything that may be of use then i will be extremely gratefull!

Is that like photo sensitive epilepsy?
Reply 5
no it is not photo sensitive epilepsy, it happens at anytime, randomly, while being bagged he is always fully conciouse and alert, he is not aware that his breathing has stopped it does not compromise him.

Latest

Trending

Trending