The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyler Varona
I'm not defending Jessica or anything but you really just come off as an jealous bitch in this whole post and the ones suceeding this.

Tell me, where's your pic?

I'm not posting a pic because I'm not arrogant and delusioned into thinking i'm beautiful, I know I'm not :teehee: My problem with her is her attitude. I've already said that she has a nice figure. But that doesn't make up for her inflated ego and arrogant whore-ishness.
Original post by sarahthegemini
I'm not posting a pic because I'm not arrogant and delusioned into thinking i'm beautiful, I know I'm not :teehee: My problem with her is her attitude. I've already said that she has a nice figure. But that doesn't make up for her inflated ego and arrogant whore-ishness.

Why don't you stick to insulting that then?

Cause what you're doing is almost the same as a fat person calling another fat person an obese ****.
Reply 202
If I'm going out clubbing I will almost always have a short dress/ skirt, and/or some cleavage on show and often fairly tight clothing (such as bodycon dresses). This isn't something I consciously ensure I do, but the clothes that I feel confident, and like the look of myself in happen to fit that description.

No, I wouldn't wear that sort of thing in the daytime but that's kind of irrelevant, that's for the same reason I wouldn't wear office-wear to go shopping: it's about dressing for the occasion. I would, however, wear other stuff that has my legs or cleavage on show in the day like denim shorts or a v-neck t-shirt. Similarly, if I was to go a drum & bass rave I wouldn't wear the same stuff I would wear to go clubbing because:

a)It would be too impractical and mean I couldn't put my all into dancing, therefore ruining the night.
b) There isn't the same obsession with posing for the whole night in that kind of environment because, by the end of it, everyone is going to look a state.

While I do enjoy getting ready for a night clubbing and making myself feel good, it is kind of a drag, if you're having a chubby day or a bad hair day, it can kind of taint the whole evening because the focus does seem to be on looks, throughout the whole night - from my experience anyway. Even the way everyone dances in nightclubs is posey.

As for make-up, I don't think mine could ever be classed as cheap and trashy lol. I generally do spend more time and put a bit more on if I'm going clubbing but I still don't think it's even noticeable that I've put more on at the end of it, I feel like I've wasted half an hour lol. I never like to look caked in make-up.
Original post by Jessica20
Thanks but i dont need to convince myself, others do it for me when they're constantly flattering me..
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7527/154dn.jpg

I hate to get involved in this petty argument - but seriously...

What compelled you to A) pose for that photo in the first place and B) post it on an internet forum for all to see. Your knickers (I hope to god they're knickers) are clearly visible. If that doesn't scream attention seeker I don't know what does!

Reality check: Guys will tell even the most average/plain looking girl she is hot if they think it will get them into bed. Most people understand this and don't let it get to their head: as you clearly have.

Actually, I call troll. This cannot be real :facepalm:
Reply 204
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I hate to get involved in this petty argument - but seriously...

What compelled you to A) pose for that photo in the first place and B) post it on an internet forum for all to see. Your knickers (I hope to god they're knickers) are clearly visible. If that doesn't scream attention seeker I don't know what does!

Reality check: Guys will tell even the most average/plain looking girl she is hot if they think it will get them into bed. Most people understand this and don't let it get to their head: as you clearly have.

Actually, I call troll. This cannot be real :facepalm:

No doubt this probably is a troll but your point about guys telling her she's hot to get her into bed doesn't really fit here. Several people on this forum have told her she's hot (or got a hot body) but I very much doubt they are under any illusion that they are going to be getting her into bed, just by posting that on TSR.
Original post by vcarey
No doubt this probably is a troll but your point about guys telling her she's hot to get her into bed doesn't really fit here. Several people on this forum have told her she's hot (or got a hot body) but I very much doubt they are under any illusion that they are going to be getting her into bed, just by posting that on TSR.

Obviously not, but if a girl is posting pictures of herself half dressed, with her pants on show and her bum sticking out - guys are obviously going to be telling her she's hot. That's why she posted them! She stated that she doesn't need validation from a forum, as she gets plenty of compliments IRL - I was merely expressing my opinion on why she may have such an overinflated attention-seeking ego.
Reply 206
Obviously not, but if a girl is posting pictures of herself half dressed, with her pants on show and her bum sticking out - guys are obviously going to be telling her she's hot. That's why she posted them! She stated that she doesn't need validation from a forum, as she gets plenty of compliments IRL - I was merely expressing my opinion on why she may have such an overinflated attention-seeking ego.

On an internet forum they aren't going to tell her they think she's hot unless they actually do, otherwise what would be the point? Yeah ofc that's why she posted them but it still doesn't stop your point from being invalid. Maybe she does have an overinflated ego but I don't see why people feel the need to drag other peoples ego's down? It's not hurting you. Leave her to it. Can't we just not say anything at all if we don't think someone needs a compliment, rather than making a dig at them?

PS. I definitely don't want to get into her (possibly non-existent) knickers but I will say that she has a good body.
The girl in the picture is hot. FACT. She's got an amazing body, and to say otherwise either stems from jealousy or personal preference [some people like big curvy girls others like more boyish figures]

However the picture was a little silly to post. You have just made yourself look cheap... but then i don't know which side of this discussion you're on. You said earlier that you like to dress in the way the OP described because you like the attention guys give you when they are with their girlfriends... Which to me says you dress cheap to be treated easy.
Which has now made every other girl who dresses in body con look as bad as that... I'd like to assure everyone that this is not true.
also why did you need to blur your face out in the first two images and not the last...? are you even real?

Ah the internet.
Now neg me.
Alright ho's, being orange, with too much makeup, too little clothes that don't cover up your flab, is not the best you look. You look cheap, tacky and common.

Whatever happened to class?
Original post by vcarey
On an internet forum they aren't going to tell her they think she's hot unless they actually do, otherwise what would be the point? Yeah ofc that's why she posted them but it still doesn't stop your point from being invalid. Maybe she does have an overinflated ego but I don't see why people feel the need to drag other peoples ego's down? It's not hurting you. Leave her to it. Can't we just not say anything at all if we don't think someone needs a compliment, rather than making a dig at them?

PS. I definitely don't want to get into her (possibly non-existent) knickers but I will say that she has a good body.

I just can't stand girls like her who think because she has stuck some fake nails and stripper heels on that she's god's gift. Guys must be distracted by the crotch because in that shot firstly you can hardly see her figure, and secondly, she looks quite boyish and flatchested anyway (nothing against that, I'm flatchested too). I don't think it's fair that some tarty attention seeker gets called hot and beautiful yet there are millions of pretty girls who are depressed about their looks because usually random guys save their compliments for the trashiest looking.

It seems on this site you can troll and post BS but if you post a half naked pic to back it up then that's fine. GREAT MESSAGE THERE.
Original post by RachelSophia
The girl in the picture is hot. FACT. She's got an amazing body, and to say otherwise either stems from jealousy or personal preference [some people like big curvy girls others like more boyish figures]

However the picture was a little silly to post. You have just made yourself look cheap... but then i don't know which side of this discussion you're on. You said earlier that you like to dress in the way the OP described because you like the attention guys give you when they are with their girlfriends... Which to me says you dress cheap to be treated easy.
Which has now made every other girl who dresses in body con look as bad as that... I'd like to assure everyone that this is not true.
also why did you need to blur your face out in the first two images and not the last...? are you even real?

Ah the internet.
Now neg me.

This, she is hot. Attention seeker yes, but doesn't detract that she is at least a 7/10 as she has a nice face and hair coupled with a nice body.

Truth is if photos and the person is genuine that said person is insecure and/or attention seeking to boost their self esteem.

I think to answer the question is girls go the way of a "revealing style" because of both social pressures and a craving for attention. Girls love attention, it boosts self esteem and attention from men.

I just can't stand girls like her who think because she has stuck some fake nails and stripper heels on that she's god's gift. Guys must be distracted by the crotch because in that shot firstly you can hardly see her figure, and secondly, she looks quite boyish and flatchested anyway (nothing against that, I'm flatchested too). I don't think it's fair that some tarty attention seeker gets called hot and beautiful yet there are millions of pretty girls who are depressed about their looks because usually random guys save their compliments for the trashiest looking.

It seems on this site you can troll and post BS but if you post a half naked pic to back it up then that's fine. GREAT MESSAGE THERE.

She is pretty, you just seem bitter. People like that girl often are lacking in the personality department. She would probably be able to get regular sex, but not a lasting relationship and love. Hence why her self esteem might be low. It's really none of your business ultimately if some want to dress like that to get attention. It's going to get a lot of attention, get over it really!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tyler Varona
Why don't you stick to insulting that then?

Cause what you're doing is almost the same as a fat person calling another fat person an obese ****.

That's pretty much what I've done. I've not once said she was ugly or unattractive (because she isn't), all I've said is she's not as hot as her attitude makes her out to be :confused:
For Christ's sake, I'm a girl, and I can admit that the girl who posted her photo had a nice figure. What's the point in ripping her apart for it? She's obviously insecure if she needs confirmation that she's attractive from a load of strangers off the internet.

And here's an idea for all the guys on this thread. Maybe, if you paid attention to the girls who weren't wearing short dresses, massive heels and had their boobs out on a night out, girls would stop dressing like that. You all complain that you want a "classy girl" but then you pay attention to the ones who are clearly "up for it".

That thing you said about decent girls is true, I've been saying this for ages.

Those who think these comments are unfair should go through Jessica20's posting history, she's given enough **** out herself.
Original post by sarahthegemini
That's pretty much what I've done. I've not once said she was ugly or unattractive (because she isn't), all I've said is she's not as hot as her attitude makes her out to be :confused:

Don't worry about it, how many guys have you seen post a thread on here asking if they are ugly and they get absolutely slaughtered? If you say no girl is as good looking as you then post a pic, you are asking for it.
why rip into the girls who DRESS like sluts?! how about the ones who ARE
stop being narrow minded
there are girls out there who don't dress like sluts, they dgaf what they look like cause they are thatt scatty
you'd never know by looking at them in town, most look like plain jane
if you see a girl with slutty looks, they're one of the ones in the minor scale as they actually take SOME interest in their appearance

so let's not judge the next girls you see in a short dress okay?!
they could be frigid and a virgin or in fact a slag; you don't know what they're like!
material doesn't classify a person
Original post by Laura1234567890
stop being narrow minded
there are girls out there who don't dress like sluts, they dgaf what they look like cause they are thatt scatty
if you see a girl with slutty looks, they're one of the ones in the minor scale as they actually take SOME interest in their appearance

they could be frigid and a virgin or in fact a slag; you don't know what they're like!

Ahahahaha, I hope to God you aren't serious. Girls that ARE dressed in slutty attire are the only ones that care about their appearance? :rofl: Honestly that is the biggest load of bull**** on this thread :facepalm:
Not in France they don't, nor Spain.
Original post by Laura1234567890
stop being narrow minded

I'm sorry...what? do you dress like a slut everytime you go out? mini skirt to the corner shop because you care about how you look right?

you've just said not to judge someone after you judged people for not going out looking like sluts...hypocrite?
Reply 219

Erm firstly, calm down love, no need to get all antsy over it really is there. Yeah I'm sure are lots of other pretty girls who also deserve compliments but it's not like they're in limited supply! If you go back to near the start of the thread, the pic of her in the red dress, you can definitely see her figure and it definitely doesn't look boyish but anyway, that's kind of irrelevant. Don't see why people have to be so bitter all the time, just be nice!

Latest