The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science Applicants 2013 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Warwick :smile:
Reply 101
Has anyone else sent off UCL biomedical sciences questionnaire? I have to send it by tomorrow and I have no idea how to answer some questions D:
I'm dying to hear something now, can't stand the wait! :frown:
How come there isnt a biomed applicants stalking page? aaaah i really want to see an overal view of how everyone else is doing
Reply 104
Offer from Kingston :biggrin:
Got it yesterday!
Fifth choice but I'm not complaining.
Just so happy.
Original post by tissue_26
Has anyone else sent off UCL biomedical sciences questionnaire? I have to send it by tomorrow and I have no idea how to answer some questions D:

I sent off my questionnaire on Friday! I found answering some of the questions a little tricky too especially because UCL was my fifth choice, and all the others were med schools. I really hope I hear something soon, I'm an international applicant so I have no clue if it will be really quick or not. Good luck, hope you get in too! :biggrin:
Reply 106
Original post by heliumtown
I sent off my questionnaire on Friday! I found answering some of the questions a little tricky too especially because UCL was my fifth choice, and all the others were med schools. I really hope I hear something soon, I'm an international applicant so I have no clue if it will be really quick or not. Good luck, hope you get in too! :biggrin:

Hi, I applied for medicine too and I wanted to add UCL biomedical sciences as my 5th choice. On UCL's website they say they are they say you can send a separate statement. Did you do this?
Reply 107
Original post by hyy
Hi, I applied for medicine too and I wanted to add UCL biomedical sciences as my 5th choice. On UCL's website they say they are they say you can send a separate statement. Did you do this?

I got an offer about 2 hours after I sent off my questionnare (on the condition of attending an open day). I didn't send off a seperate statement and my PS was clearly dedicated to medince. My point is I don't think you need to write a seperate statement.
Reply 108
Original post by Kimina
I got an offer about 2 hours after I sent off my questionnare (on the condition of attending an open day). I didn't send off a seperate statement and my PS was clearly dedicated to medince. My point is I don't think you need to write a seperate statement.

WOW 2 hours after! Your application must have been really good.

What were your gcse/ a-level grades like? (if you don't mind me asking :tongue:)

And also when did you send off your application form? I was hoping to add my 5th choice (UCL) tomorrow. This is probably quite late compared to other medical students who applied for biomedical sciences.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by heliumtown

Thanks :smile: Yeah the questions were really strange...I am awkwardly waiting a rejection cos I didn't really do much for the questionnaire tbh...haha....for the experiment question I wrote like 300 words.....:colondollar:
I hope you get in too :smile: good luck!
Reply 110
Original post by hyy
WOW 2 hours after! Your application must have been really good.

What were your gcse/ a-level grades like? (if you don't mind me asking :tongue:)

And also when did you send off your application form? I was hoping to add my 5th choice (UCL) tomorrow. This is probably quite late compared to other medical students who applied for biomedical sciences.

I have a good number of A*s and I'm predicted 4A*s
Reply 111
My application wassent off on the 25th of october to Leeds(medical science), St Georges, Newcastle, Kings and Surrey. Recieved acknowledgements from them all accept Leeds! Got rejected from Kings last night :frown: not to fussedas they were my 4th choice but you'd like the first thing you hear back to be an offer!
Reply 112
Any UCL applicants going to the open day on 27th? :colondollar:
Reply 113
Original post by Waterstorm
I'm going into my final year of biomed at UCL, let me know if anyone has any questions about anything. And good luck with your applications!

Hi,

I'm a medicine re-applicant with achieved a-levels of A*AB.

Is it worth me applying to UCL for biomed. They want AAA but said they'll still consider my application if i was to retake a module to bring my B up.

Is biomed at UCL too competitive for me to have a realistic chance?

Thanks
Reply 114
Im stuck between applying for biomed at sotn and UCL.

Any suggestions? Advice?

I'd be looking to do grad-entry med afterwards and i have achieved grades of A*AB

Im waiting for sheffield and newcastle :frown: i got offers from the rest but i really want to go to Sheffield

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lowkey101
Hi,

I'm a medicine re-applicant with achieved a-levels of A*AB.

Is it worth me applying to UCL for biomed. They want AAA but said they'll still consider my application if i was to retake a module to bring my B up.

Is biomed at UCL too competitive for me to have a realistic chance?

Thanks

It's a tough one, I know UCL biomed get a lot of applicants. I wouldn't say you don't have a realistic chance though, you definitely do. If you're taking a gap year and miss out on medical school I assume you'd want to take up your 5th choice. To make sure I would phone the admission tutor and ask her - she's really helpful and will give you a very good idea of where you stand. Better than emailing her or something.
Reply 117
Original post by Waterstorm
It's a tough one, I know UCL biomed get a lot of applicants. I wouldn't say you don't have a realistic chance though, you definitely do. If you're taking a gap year and miss out on medical school I assume you'd want to take up your 5th choice. To make sure I would phone the admission tutor and ask her - she's really helpful and will give you a very good idea of where you stand. Better than emailing her or something.

Okay i'll ring her tomorrow. Thank you for your advice :smile:
Thing is i'm split between studying biomed and studying medicine in europe if i dont get into medicine here :/ and on top of that, i'm stuck between applying for UCL or Southampton for Biomed! :/ HELP! lol
Original post by Lowkey101
Okay i'll ring her tomorrow. Thank you for your advice :smile:
Thing is i'm split between studying biomed and studying medicine in europe if i dont get into medicine here :/ and on top of that, i'm stuck between applying for UCL or Southampton for Biomed! :/ HELP! lol

Well I'm in a similar position...
I'm from Poland and I applied to four med schools in the UK, got an offer for Biomedical at Newcastle. Still, in case of no med's offers I'm stuck between going for Biomedical or staying in Poland and studying Medicine here... -,-
Reply 119
Original post by lastlullabyy
Well I'm in a similar position...
I'm from Poland and I applied to four med schools in the UK, got an offer for Biomedical at Newcastle. Still, in case of no med's offers I'm stuck between going for Biomedical or staying in Poland and studying Medicine here... -,-

The only thing stopping me from going straight to europe if i dont get an offer here is that i have doubts as to whether i'd be able to get into the foundation programme in the UK. (Although technically the european degree will be GMC approved) :/

What uni would you go to in Poland if it comes down to it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending