The Student Room Group
They still give out EMA?
yes
Reply 3
I thought the Legacy scheme was done so I'm guessing you're not from England... So as I remember you have to be signed in for every lesson or they won't pay you but if you can prove that you were at the hospital they'll will
No I'm from Wales, so if I take my appointment letter to school with me and show them, do you think I'll get payed then yeah?
Reply 5
Yes you should.
ok that's good, thanks a lot:smile:
Yes, you should still get it as long as you inform your college of your appointment :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ..scream.fan...
ok that's good, thanks a lot:smile:

No problem
Reply 9
Original post by ..scream.fan...
No I'm from Wales

Wales, Scotland and NI getting a better deal than us English, again.
Reply 10
When I was in college people got EMA even if they didn't show up for lessons.
Reply 11
Original post by justn1c2
When I was in college people got EMA even if they didn't show up for lessons.

It was a little different at our college... if you were absent to any lesson during the week, you'd lose your EMA payment for said week. However, you can be ill for up to 2 days before losing EMA so people just used to log into the college intranet system and sign themselves off as ill and still received EMA. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by coopsyy
Wales, Scotland and NI getting a better deal than us English, again.

They have a huge budget and nothing to spend it on conversely we have a comparatively small budget and have too much to spend it on. If, god forbid, Scottish Independence goes through it'll be fun to watch them realise that suddenly they have to pay for their own education (and with only 5 Million people to tax it wont be subsidised much...) and prescriptions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Natt39
They have a huge budget and nothing to spend it on conversely we have a comparatively small budget and have too much to spend it on. If, god forbid, Scottish Independence goes through it'll be fun to watch them realise that suddenly they have to pay for their own education (and with only 5 Million people to tax it wont be subsidised much...) and prescriptions.

Exactly. The english tax payers are footing the bill for the small populations of Wales and Scotland, I just don't see how people think thats fair.
Reply 14
Original post by coopsyy
Exactly. The english tax payers are footing the bill for the small populations of Wales and Scotland, I just don't see how people think thats fair.

Nobody does... but thats the way it goes.
Reply 15
Original post by Natt39
Nobody does... but thats the way it goes.

Well, I bet people living in Scotland and Wales think it is perfectly fair. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
if you give the teacher you have that day the heads up they can mark you as not required (if they are kind enough) so you don't need to go thought all the form stuff
Reply 17
well we used to bunk weeks and still got paid, but afaik last year was the final year of EMA? there was a rumor though that they might continue with it
Reply 18
Original post by StylaBoy
well we used to bunk weeks and still got paid, but afaik last year was the final year of EMA? there was a rumor though that they might continue with it

Just a rumor if you're English. No money to pay for it.
Will my.daughter still get ema if.1 day off ill phoned college they marked her.ill but she said need proof but can't get doctors appointment for week then she ok

Latest

Trending

Trending