The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

What is the percentage threshold for plagiarism at Open University?

Hi fellow students,

I submitted my EMA before checking for plagiarism (silly me), and the result showed 1% similarity. Just half a sentence someone wrote about shoes in their blogs (not even related to my topic). What is the acceptable threshold for plagiarism? Will I get penalised for 1%? Normally I have 0%, but in this case, I used a sentence and grammar correcter so it might have picked up similarities from online sources?

Do you guys have any experience in this regard? did you have 1% plagiarism and got away with it at OU?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi fellow students,

I submitted my EMA before checking for plagiarism (silly me), and the result showed 1% similarity. Just half a sentence someone wrote about shoes in their blogs (not even related to my topic). What is the acceptable threshold for plagiarism? Will I get penalised for 1%? Normally I have 0%, but in this case, I used a sentence and grammar correcter so it might have picked up similarities from online sources?

Do you guys have any experience in this regard? did you have 1% plagiarism and got away with it at OU?

Hi

I don't know what the percentage is for OU, but 1% seems low - you should be fine 😁
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
Hi

I don't know what the percentage is for OU, but 1% seems low - you should be fine 😁

I've used Grammarly to check for plagiarism, so I won't know how much it will be on Turnitin.
I used AI to rephrase my sentences as English isnt my first language, but I have put a lot of references and I conducted my own research on the case study.

Grammarly detected plagiarism on "similar" sentence build up, probably due to AI?

I am a bit worried because I always had 0%

Quick Reply

Latest