The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tednol, dforster and imasillynarb: Dax Wax is the daddy!

Last summer I sometimes used common automotive grease in my hair. When I didn't have anything to wipe my hands on after working on my bike, I wiped my hands on my hair. The Dax/grease mixture does wonders. It does a satisfying job and smells surprisingly nice. I haven't used grease for a few months now.
Reply 41
hornblower
Tednol, dforster and imasillynarb: Dax Wax is the daddy!

Last summer I sometimes used common automotive grease in my hair. When I didn't have anything to wipe my hands on after working on my bike, I wiped my hands on my hair. The Dax/grease mixture does wonders. It does a satisfying job and smells surprisingly nice. I haven't used grease for a few months now.

ok....ive picturing you shoving your hand into the middle of an engine here and then vigorously rubbing your hair (correct me if wrong)...stick with the red mate...you dont need anything else brother....daxwaxred will show you the way......remember its not a wax...in the words of our brother tednol....its a lifestyle choice.
I used to use dax but i don't like the way it feels in my hair. Just too greasy or something.

I use L'Oreal Paris Out Of Bed, which gives a 'lasting messed up effect'. It is total quality.
dforster
ok....ive picturing you shoving your hand into the middle of an engine here and then vigorously rubbing your hair (correct me if wrong)...stick with the red mate...you dont need anything else brother....daxwaxred will show you the way......remember its not a wax...in the words of our brother tednol....its a lifestyle choice.

Haha! Don't worry, I do not do that!

Long live Dax!
Reply 44
hornblower
Haha! Don't worry, I do not do that!

Long live Dax!

something for the boys...sorry its a bit blurry but...well i was a little excited!
dforster
something for the boys...sorry its a bit blurry but...well i was a little excited!

I remember last year on a field trip my mate stuck a huge blob of Dax on another mate's pillow. He was not very happy...
Reply 46
hornblower
I remember last year on a field trip my mate stuck a huge blob of Dax on another mate's pillow. He was not very happy...

dax fun....i alwasy like the pushing of a penny to the bottom of the tin and then having a year and a halfs excitement waiting so that you can get to the bottom of the tin and get your penny back.....oh dax jokes!!!
Reply 47
Anyone know anything that keeps the hair straight? I have curly hair and have to use a hair straightener(Yes I am male, and im not gay) and whenever I use wax or anything else it makes it go curly - know anything that wont do this to my hair?
Reply 48
imasillynarb
Anyone know anything that keeps the hair straight? I have curly hair and have to use a hair straightener(Yes I am male, and im not gay) and whenever I use wax or anything else it makes it go curly - know anything that wont do this to my hair?

RED DAX!!!
Reply 49
rover
is it me or cant u ever find a good gel or wax. they duunt last and at the end of the day ure hair looks crap. any suggestions for the peeps with bad hair................................

i reckon brylcreem is pretty cool, both for guys and girls.
Reply 50
imasillynarb

do you use ghds! use hairspray or tigi shine cream, and make sure you use heat protection spray b4 you straighten or you can use hair spray instead b4 you use the straightners which makes your hair more rigid (ok not the right word) but it stays straight better... I've never known a guy who uses hair straightners apart from on TV, it looks cool though
Reply 51
imasillynarb

use a fibre putty, just go for the messed look fluffly, i've just rolled out of bed.

Vo5 fibre putty is all good! You can re-style when you are bored...
Reply 52
imasillynarb

yeah, i t depends on what straightenenrs you use. I use GHD ceramic ones, and holy crap, youcould go out in the windiest weather and yo would still come out with straight hair. However, i used to use babyliss steam and shine...(pile of crap!!)

as for hari products...the TIGI sexed up range is great..as well and charles worthingtons takeaways straightening bal,.

Dont use wax, its not meant for keeping the hair straight. before you stragihten, apply a SMALL amount of the straightnening balm, straighten, and i guarantee your hair wont go curly until it gets wet. :wink:
Reply 53
me!
do you use ghds! use hairspray or tigi shine cream, and make sure you use heat protection spray b4 you straighten or you can use hair spray instead b4 you use the straightners which makes your hair more rigid (ok not the right word) but it stays straight better... I've never known a guy who uses hair straightners apart from on TV, it looks cool though

My mum and dad close friends son has straightners, he once straighten my hair for me, I've never been so freaked out in the whole of my life! (my hair was really curly though!)

Hmm, i use elizabeth arden eight hous cream on my hair! its for your face but it looks great, mixed in with a bit of de-frizz! And of course a bit of hea protection...
Reply 54
Anu
yeah, i t depends on what straightenenrs you use. I use GHD ceramic ones, and holy crap, youcould go out in the windiest weather and yo would still come out with straight hair. However, i used to use babyliss steam and shine...(pile of crap!!)

as for hari products...the TIGI sexed up range is great..as well and charles worthingtons takeaways straightening bal,.

Dont use wax, its not meant for keeping the hair straight. before you stragihten, apply a SMALL amount of the straightnening balm, straighten, and i guarantee your hair wont go curly until it gets wet. :wink:

even after using ghds my hair goes 'wohoo' in the wind, I have to straighten my hair for about an hour to get it to stay straightish
Reply 55
me!
even after using ghds my hair goes 'wohoo' in the wind, I have to straighten my hair for about an hour to get it to stay straightish

Use alot more conditioner, I have a hair magazine. It tells you loads of good tips!
Reply 56
Custard

Hmm, i use elizabeth arden eight hous cream on my hair! its for your face but it looks great, mixed in with a bit of de-frizz! And of course a bit of hea protection...

how did you discover that i wonder! i never use face creams because I have sensitive skin but maybe I'll get some for my hair :biggrin:

EDIT: If I use more conditioner my hair goes straight and calmer but I don't like it - I prefer it a bit mad... I guess I'll never be happy :smile: my hair also depends on how I'm feeling, it has it's own personality!
Reply 57
imasillynarb

The fucking ponce who styled my hair last time used straighteners (when my hair isn't even curly) and i looked like some boy band loser! He was french and had a terrible english accent so I wasn't sure what he was doing it until it was too late. Needless to say, I immediately plastered it in Tigi and restyled myself :biggrin:
If I were you, I'd stick with your curly hair - just make sure you visit your hairdresser fairly regularly :P Overgrown curly hair looks crap.
Reply 58
me!
how did you discover that i wonder! i never use face creams because I have sensitive skin but maybe I'll get some for my hair :biggrin:

Hmm.. elizabeth arden is like a thick gel, I have terrible skin, extremely sensitive so i use that and my skin is fine, i now have no spots aswell.

How did i discover it, I was appying it had some excess on my hands, my fit foster person came in (sadly he is not staying with us, only a weekend thing!), so i pushed my hands through my hair and wella, my hair look good!
Reply 59
such a long post about gel/wax :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending