The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
FFX Is damn right the greatest game there ever was.. well apart from the grand theft auto series, cause nothing rearly comes close to them... The storyline of FFX is awsome, and im now playing FFX-2
Reply 2
I would not say that X has the best story line, it is undeniably great, but 7 have the greatest storyline, which unfolds magnificently.
wiwarin_mir
Love it or lothe it, final fantasy is one of the pivital RPG series, what do you think of them

Flawless, needs no correction, flawless.

Absolutely flawless.
Everyone says how great FF7 and FF8 were. I've only ever played FF9 and thought it was absolutely amazing. I really got into the game as if I was living it. They say 7 and 8 were better so I'd love to play them.
Yer 7 was the best!

Anyone ever beat emerald/ruby weapons?
Not Me :-(
Reply 6
Final Fantasy X was great for ppl new to the series like me and had a great storyline although the last boss was rather disappointing.
Reply 7
slim786
Final Fantasy X was great for ppl new to the series like me and had a great storyline although the last boss was rather disappointing.

From what I've heard, X-2 is more for newbies, the reveiws point to it being dumbed down, and as yet I can't see any evidence of any summoning, which does seem concerning.
Reply 8
*******spoiler for ffx*******

The first last boss is challenging, but as long as you are leveled up enough is defeatable, the bosses from then on are easy, unless you have really level up your aeons, in which case they could pose a problem. One thing that makes it so much more easier is the fact that you have autolife on you all of the time so you cannot actually lose.
It is a lot harder getting to that point, rather than defeating them. I would say that omega weapon is a lot more difficult to defeat, considering he has about 9 million hp.

Similar to sephiroth being reasonably easy to defeat, whereas ruby and emerald weapon are almost impossible to defeat, even with knights of the round.
ff7 was the best...so gd i felt like finishing it again....oh ye check out this link to the new ff7 advent children movie thatz releasing soon on dvd... http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ff7-ac/index.html
Reply 10
piginapoke
Yes, but I spent about 1000 hours getting Knights Of The Round, W-Summon and Mime up to full strength. Its not really that hard actually, just w-summon KOTR twice should do the trick on Emerald, ruby is weird as you have to kill off two of your companions first as Ruby eliminates people randomly.

I managed to breed a golden chocobo, get knights of the round, and all other summons, to master, get about 4 master phoenix, as well as 3 final attacks up to master. And all up to level 99, and it only took me 136 hours
Reply 11
piginapoke
No, read above. All you need is w-summon and mime with KOTR, and of course the underwater materia for emerald.

I am referring to having the breed the golden chocobo, getting knights of the round to at least the second level, mastering all the required materia. That is almost impossible, unless you want to spend quite a bit of time doing it. I had absalutely no problem defeating ruby and emerald weapon, but I did have all the master materia, which took me ages to do.
Final Fantasy was the greatest RPG-series, but only until FF7. After that, it went downhill. I mean, even the RPGs on the GBA are more fun to play. Anyone care for a game of Golden Sun/Advance Wars/Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga/Fire Emblem/Sword of Mana/Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/Breath of Fire II/Shining Soul?
Reply 13
I have completed ff1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and I am going to to get x-2 at some point.
Reply 14
I have completed ff1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and I am going to to get x-2 at some point. I just love ff.
Reply 15
byakugan_neji
Final Fantasy was the greatest RPG-series, but only until FF7. After that, it went downhill. I mean, even the RPGs on the GBA are more fun to play. Anyone care for a game of Golden Sun/Advance Wars/Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga/Fire Emblem/Sword of Mana/Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/Breath of Fire II/Shining Soul?

I love classic rpgs like breath of fire 1 + 2, chrono-trigger (arguably the greatest snes rpg), lufia 1 + 2, legand of mana, 7th saga
Reply 16
piginapoke
I think I downloaded the trailer a while back, isn't it set a few years after FFVII? I wish they'd have just made a movie version of FFVII, it would have been a corker, just to see Sephiroth in live action... :biggrin:

I have seen the trailer and I saw what looked like the scene where aeris was put into the water.
Reply 17
piginapoke
May have been a flashback?

But then there is still sephiroth, who was cut up and lost in the life stream, so maybe she is resurrected again
piginapoke
No, read above. All you need is w-summon and mime with KOTR, and of course the underwater materia for emerald.

For Ruby, there's a way of arranging materia so that every time you're attacked, you counter with KOTR and absorb hp from it (getting all your hp back). Can't remember exactly how to do it, but you definitely need w-summon and counter or something.
Reply 19
Final Fantasy X-2 I expect doesn't have summoning considering the aeons were killed at the end of FFX. Its also shorter I expect due to the story not being so epic. I'll probably get it in the summer because if i get it now I won't revise properly for exams.

Latest

Trending

Trending