The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Me and most people I know just have a little sort of dent where it was, you only really notice if you are looking for it. Only one of my friends actually has any sort of scar/mark from it.
Reply 21
I had my BCG today (Thurs 29 April) and for a few years, i've been pretty scared of it. But... It didn't hurt at all! All the teachers said it did and some mates said it stung like hell, it's a massive needle and you can feel the fluid running down - that's a load of rubbish! They did leave the needle in for about ten seconds, but no pain was inflicted on me. I stung a bit for a couple of minutes after they took the needle out, but other than that, you've all got absolutely nothing to worry about. I had it done at the Hove Polyclinic and I'd say it hurts 1/10 when they're doing it, and 6/10 for the sharp stinging afterwards.
Reply 22
Its a bit of a pain afterwards, but the jab itself isn't very painful. It goes quite minging after and people keep trying to punch you on your BCG but otherwise it's fine.
Reply 23
LOL. Had one many years ago--didn't hurt at all as far as I can recall, although the sight of six needles (however many it is) may seem intimidating at first.
it hurts tremendously, actually its more like a stinging sensation but it does get better over time (this is the one for tetnus isnt it?)
superomega1
it hurts tremendously, actually its more like a stinging sensation but it does get better over time (this is the one for tetnus isnt it?)

No, it's the one for TB
Reply 26
the Heaf test doesn't hurt at all.

The actual vaccination jab stings much like a bee sting, FOR EVERYONE. I think some people who have replied saying "no, not at all" must be talking about different jabs.

Mine only started stinging once the nurse had removed the needle, then the stinging began slight but increased to it's peak after about 1 minute. The stinging only lasted for about 15mins in total and other than the red bump on my arm I have had no other side effects.
One girl at school was a right idiot when she had her heaf test...... she layed out her forearm on the nurses hand so it would be ready to be pricked. The nurse got the 8 needle thing ready and the girl suddenly moved her arm so the nurse ended up stabbing her hand with the needles instead lol!
Reply 28
Kaze
I had it done at the Hove Polyclinic and I'd say it hurts 1/10 when they're doing it, and 7/10 for the sharp stinging afterwards.

I assume that that scale does not include being burnt alive, having a limb amputated without anaesthetic or disembowling. On a pain scale I would say it was 0.0000000000000000000000001/10

:biggrin:
Reply 29
Many years since I had mine done (seems that way.....), but I remember it looked lumpy, and about 4 weeks afterwards it burst, and green pus ran down my arm, and it's left a fairly big scar.

Enjoy your food people :smile:
Reply 30
stripy toe sock
the nurse ppl r scared of my cuz the heaf test tickled my arm an i laughed...evry1 els was complainin!
does the jab hurt tho?

the heaf test i laughed but the bcg ouch! i had it 1 month ago and it hurts a lot.It said it feels like a nettle sting but when they inject the fluid it hurts.

to prove im not making it up about what i said. http://www.uk-learning.net/t34043.html
Well the bcg doesn't actually hurt, unless some unkind individual takes it upon themself to punch or in any other way knock it, in which case it hurts like hell
Reply 32
wiwarin_mir
Well the bcg doesn't actually hurt, unless some unkind individual takes it upon themself to punch or in any other way knock it, in which case it hurts like hell

now that hurts like fuck
Reply 33
My scar is pretty big
Reply 34
[I'm not going to get mine done.... :frown:
Reply 35
its a lil stingy but its nothing to what you prepare yourself for lol! I have a tiny scar but nothing substancial even though i gotta admit i did pick it a lil when it was itchy :frown:
For me the heaf test hurt more than the actual jab...

Latest

Trending

Trending