The Student Room Group

MORSE at Southampton or Economics and Maths?

Hello!

I'm interested in studying Maths and Economics at either Bristol, Edinburgh, St Andrews or Exeter and expecting a French BAC ES 15/20 equivalent to A*AA with A maths.

I know that the MORSE course at Warwick is very highly regarded but hard to get into (especially as I do not do equivalent to further maths).

Southampton start offering this course next year but doesn't have a good reputation compared with my other choices, would it be worth applying to or just stick to Maths and Economics?

Thanks!
I do MORSE at Warwick, and it's epic!
But you're right, it's very hard.
I think quite a few unis offer MORSE/MORS/MSE now, so maybe see if there are any others?
Reply 2
Original post by frenchoib
Hello!

I'm interested in studying Maths and Economics at either Bristol, Edinburgh, St Andrews or Exeter and expecting a French BAC ES 15/20 equivalent to A*AA with A maths.

I know that the MORSE course at Warwick is very highly regarded but hard to get into (especially as I do not do equivalent to further maths).

Southampton start offering this course next year but doesn't have a good reputation compared with my other choices, would it be worth applying to or just stick to Maths and Economics?

Thanks!

TBH unless you really value the flexibility of a MORSE course, then stick to economics and maths.
Reply 3
A couple of things.

1. Are you sure you don't need Bac S? I'm guessing you're taking Spe maths?

2. Do you want the flexibility that MORSE offers? Or would you rather just do Maths with Economics?

3. Apply for one or the other but don't worry too much. Southampton is quite flexible, and you can switch courses within the first year if its within the same academic school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by frenchoib
Hello!

Thanks!

I am French as well, and am in the Business school at Exeter(got a 15.75 on the French Bac). Great school, and love it here.Not so many French though, there are 168 from France. However, more are applying every year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending