The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5380
Original post by Katiellen
Any MML people who weren't called for re-interview still swimming? I was pooled by King's on the 4th and haven't heard anything since :confused:

Obviously I can only speculate, but I know that Kings have a reputation for being among the most prompt and efficient in letting people know what their situation is.

That would suggest that either an email or letter has been sent but not arrived, or you're one of the 'B' marked students at another college, who are still deliberating, or have been slow returning your file.

Which of course still isn't an answer!
Reply 5381
Original post by JimJohnnyJones
Received this message via email, in response to an email I sent to the admissions office.
Relevant to anyone who applied to medicine

"Many thanks for your email and apologies for our delay in replying. The medicine pool process is still to be finalised, so we do not as yet know the outcomes. As soon as we do know, we will be sure to inform you of any decision made."

Thanks for this. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally, some news - my daughter was pooled by Clare CompSci, direct offer by Caius this morning.
So happy, so relieved! Thanks to all at TSR for your support and especially to the goddess of Wisdom and Perfect Calm, Minerva!

Good luck to all you wonderful young people still waiting, and also to all others who have received their decision already - positive or negative. You will do great things, no matter which university is lucky to enroll you. I hope my daughter will have the honor of crossing paths with you again, wherever you are headed.

Being pooled and waiting is hard. One of the other parents mentioned earlier that one positive aspect of being in the pool is that, in future, when interviewers ask you "What difficult situation have you experienced and how did you overcome it", you will have a ready answer. I agree, and I would like to add that this is not likely to be the last time you experience hurdles of this type. Remember, you are only here because you worked hard and have dreams, ambition, and the intellect to match. This thing about you that landed you in the Cambridge pool is the very same thing that will make you challenge yourself your whole life. It is thus inevitable that, again and again, you will be coming to difficult turns like this one. You will learn to develop strategies for remaining sane in such situations - one such strategy is to seek support (Oh wait, you already know about this one, you are a part of this forum!). Be that as it may, in the end, it's not easy and, like all great adventures, "easy" is not the point. Good luck to all and may your adventures bring you wisdom and great personal satisfaction.
Reply 5383
Called Girton's admissions office and they said that they've been sending out decisions over the last few days as they've received them. They said that it's all in the DoS' hands and as soon as a DoS has sent them a decision on someone they've sent out the letter (I'm pretty sure they're sending letters).
I'd assume this is similar to all colleges? But applies to everyone waiting on Girton still anyway :smile:
Original post by gringamom
Finally, some news - my daughter was pooled by Clare CompSci, direct offer by Caius this morning.
So happy, so relieved! Thanks to all at TSR for your support and especially to the goddess of Wisdom and Perfect Calm, Minerva!

Good luck to all you wonderful young people still waiting, and also to all others who have received their decision already - positive or negative. You will do great things, no matter which university is lucky to enroll you. I hope my daughter will have the honor of crossing paths with you again, wherever you are headed.

Being pooled and waiting is hard. One of the other parents mentioned earlier that one positive aspect of being in the pool is that, in future, when interviewers ask you "What difficult situation have you experienced and how did you overcome it", you will have a ready answer. I agree, and I would like to add that this is not likely to be the last time you experience hurdles of this type. Remember, you are only here because you worked hard and have dreams, ambition, and the intellect to match. This thing about you that landed you in the Cambridge pool is the very same thing that will make you challenge yourself your whole life. It is thus inevitable that, again and again, you will be coming to difficult turns like this one. You will learn to develop strategies for remaining sane in such situations - one such strategy is to seek support (Oh wait, you already know about this one, you are a part of this forum!). Be that as it may, in the end, it's not easy and, like all great adventures, "easy" is not the point. Good luck to all and may your adventures bring you wisdom and great personal satisfaction.

Congratulations! Caius is very good for CompSci. They have two very friendly Directors of Studies who will take good care of your daughter. :smile: She can look forward to regular teas, garden parties and dinner parties with them and the other numerous CompScis in Caius.
Original post by Nessie133
just drowned by Clare for vet med. Oh well it was what I was expecting anyway, at least now I can move on FINALLY!

Commiserations :frown: when/how did you hear?
After an embarrassingly bad exam today, I was going to call Caius to try get some idea of when my decision might appear, but didn't to try escape from more bad news ARGHHH AQA
is it our original college of choice that gets back to us about places, or the college(s) we were re-interviewed at?
Reply 5388
is it possible at this phase for medics to be fished by their original college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5389
Got a letter from Corpus Christi offering me a place for Physical Natural Sciences after a re-interview :biggrin:
Original post by ohlittlewolf
is it our original college of choice that gets back to us about places, or the college(s) we were re-interviewed at?

If successful the re-interview college cos it their offer to give:biggrin:, if not then final formal rejection letter would be original college:frown:. However, re-interview college can tell you they are not offering you a place but they don't have to and colleges have different practice.

So all re-interviewees, my son included, hope to hear from their saviour fishing college not the original one.

Good luck with your wait.:smile:
Original post by MRBall
Got a letter from Corpus Christi offering me a place for Physical Natural Sciences after a re-interview :biggrin:

Well Done :smile:) See you at Corpus in October !!
Reply 5392
Does anyone know when the reinterviewed Cambridge pooled applicants will find out about the final decisions? :smile: I'm dying to find out!!!!!!!!
Reply 5393
Original post by _Georgie
Called Girton's admissions office and they said that they've been sending out decisions over the last few days as they've received them. They said that it's all in the DoS' hands and as soon as a DoS has sent them a decision on someone they've sent out the letter (I'm pretty sure they're sending letters).
I'd assume this is similar to all colleges? But applies to everyone waiting on Girton still anyway :smile:

what course have you applied to and have you heard any word yet?
Reply 5394
Guys! This blog post is for you guys: http://ellengau.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/what-to-do-when-you-fail/
- What to do when you fail - A positive way of thinking. I'm a drowned fish myself so hope it will help somehow!

Fingers crossed!
Reply 5395
If any pooled applicants could let me know as soon as they heard word back on the decisions from their pooled college could you contact me. Thanks :smile:
*I was pooled by Girton and had an interview on saturday for medicine and am DYING to hear!
Original post by pr100
Does anyone know when the reinterviewed Cambridge pooled applicants will find out about the final decisions? :smile: I'm dying to find out!!!!!!!!

I'm in exactly the same position. no emails no letter nothing. I've pretty much accepted rejection but am getting absoluetly fed up and want closure.
Original post by pr100

It's happening already at different speeds and delivery depending upon college and course. If you look back over the last few days I think some started by email Monday pm, now trickling in by email and post and some college/subjects have not sent out at all yet.

Painfully slow and frustrating for you all I know. My son is hoping to hear from Robinson for PhyNatSci following re-interview. We think so far no news is good news as not seen any others yet, and last year they were slow and by mail.

Take a look back over past few days and see if you can find your scenario, if not then may just mean nobody knows yet for your college/subject and your chances are as good as ever:smile:, superhuman patience needed.

Not good is it! But hope that helps a bit.

Good luck.
Ah, not this year, I was rejected. I wish you the best of luck there! And I am not really sad, I will go there for postgraduate:smile:

Original post by chocoholic_x
Oh really? :smile: Well I really do wish you the best of luck! And tell me how it goes!
Reply 5399
Original post by Northern_Ireland
Rejected for HSPS post-reinterview at Selwyn College. Awell, I don't think Oxbridge was really for me. I especially got the feeling after one of the professors asked me "If you were to come here do you think your accent would improve?" During the interview. ... I don't think I would have fitted in lol. I had an amazing time, and otherwise found the whole application process really enjoyable. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting. And a big emotional thank you to everyone who's helped along the way.

god that's awful! The way this process is going, i think everyone's getting pretty frustrated at the treatment, but to comment on your accent like that! How rude :/ you're better off without prejudiced teachers like that anyway- best of luck to you! :smile:
Maz xx

Latest

Trending

Trending