The Student Room Group

Taking a gap year - want to use it do an intensive full alevel french course

Can somebody help me find a rspectable ocr/edxcel/aqa french as and a2 course that will take one year to complete ? at a college in the south east or london pls
Original post by Equal
Can somebody help
me find a rspectable ocr/edxcel/aqa french as and
a2 course that will take one year to complete ? at
a college in the south east or london pls

What you're looking for is a fast-track course. It might be more helpful do to a google search. Also, I assume you're currently in sixthform/college? Do they have a french course? If they do, it might be worth trying to talk to your teachers about being put into AS and A2 classes simultaneously.
Reply 2
Original post by This Excellency
What you're looking for is a fast-track course. It might be more helpful do to a google search. Also, I assume you're currently in sixthform/college? Do they have a french course? If they do, it might be worth trying to talk to your teachers about being put into AS and A2 classes simultaneously.

Is that possible? I thought they had to register u for exams in sept or whenever u make ure choiceS?
Reply 3
Have you done it at GCSE?
Reply 4
Original post by IlexBlue
Have you done it at GCSE?

Yes got an a very close to a*
Reply 5
Anyone else able to offser some advice?
Reply 6
Unless you specifically need the UCAS points, you would be far better off going to France, doing an intensive course there and getting your language skills certified by a DELF/DALF exam. There were people in my French class that were A Level standard after 3 months, never mind a year.

Quick Reply

Latest