The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons Part Time course

(tried posting this on another thread but got error messages)

Hi
I was hoping you could help me.
I did one year of a foundation degree, then left the second due to mental health issues. I reattempted the second year again but the same issues reoccured so I left again.
I've now been given the chance to do a part time degree over 4 years. Could I get funding for this having only having completed one year of a foundation degree?
Thanks
Original post by arealcupoftea

Hi
I did one year of a foundation degree, then left the second due to mental health issues. I reattempted the second year again but the same issues reoccured so I left again.
I've now been given the chance to do a part time degree over 4 years. Could I get funding for this having only having completed one year of a foundation degree?
Thanks

Hi there,

Just to confirm it will be a part time course? And you don't have a degree or qualification yet? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason

Hi
Thanks

Hi there,

Just to confirm it will be a part time course? And you don't have a degree or qualification yet? Thanks, Jason

Only btecs at alevel and the credits for the first year of a fda
Hi there,

If you are studying a part time course and you haven't gained a qualification then this wouldn't affect your fees. It's only if you were studying a full time course that we'd need to assess you based on your previous study. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you are studying a part time course and you haven't gained a qualification then this wouldn't affect your fees. It's only if you were studying a full time course that we'd need to assess you based on your previous study. Thanks, Jason

So I would get full fees again?
Hi arealcupoftea,

Yes, students are eligible to receive tuition fee funding for any repeat years providing their study will still take no more than 4 times the length of the full time equivalent course and they do not exceed the maximum 16 years of funding.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 6
I've thought about your responses and just want to clarify, so I would get full tuition fee for a part time 50%intensity and relative maintenance loan for the full 4 years of my studying as its a new degree?
Hi arealcupoftea,

Yes, there are previous study regulations with part time courses but you should be okay based on what you have told me as long as you don't hold a qualification.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending