The Student Room Group

Sociology A2 Essay Help

I know all the information for the current religion section, but when it comes to writing the essays I just start panicking and it turns into a hard to follow, muddled mess.

I always write too much on the 18 mark question and then feel even more rushed for the 33 mark one. It's so difficult to figure out how much detail to give so I always end up writing all details.

I've been 3 marks off full marks for the mock in the past, but I'm worried of really struggling in a "proper exam" situation.

Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi, My name is Febby, n I come from Indonesia. I see ur post through Twitter, n I think I know what's the point of your problem. Honestly, u r not the one who experience that, cz I'm here always feel the same. Sometimes, we feel that between what we think it supposed to be with what our lecture taught is different. Because we have reasons through our own analysis about a subject, but the lecture have reasons from the theory that he learn. I always dissagree with my lecture n keep persist at my own idea, cz I think I can prove it true.
But, because we can't control n force the lecture to accept our idea, we should be the one who give away (notes: don't ever give up our idea, it's just to reach "point" at exam, right?! Keep do research about our idea, is it true or not :smile:).
Ok, sorry if I too much speaking. But the point question is: do u know about his standard to make a mark/point for his/her students?? I mean, every lecture or teacher always have standard in every subject to make the mark or point as the study result of their students. This way they know how success the student learned the subject.
For example, when they talk about psychology, what key assumption that he/she gave to call something as psychology. Or, when we do research about something, what should we do? The step, the information, n what we forbidden to do at that research? And don't forget to make the difference between one another case and assumption. Because our another problem is about we have a different assumption about something and we can't make the difference about something similar, our thought is different with the lecture. For example again, the different assumption between manner, attitude, behavior,character, etc. The point is just hold the key of assumption, because the text is just make our brain heavy with text but empty with the facts n truth.
Hope I can help you better.. It's a bit hard explain you even if I use my own language.
Sincerely,,
Febby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending