The Student Room Group

UCL Physics and Physics with Medical Physics

Hello everyone!

Two of the courses that I am applying to are at UCL, one for Physics and one for Physics with Medical Physics.

I currently have an interview coming up on the 4th February for Physics with Medical Physics and I was wondering whether anyone has any information on what either of those course's interviews are like? Particularly for Physics with Medical Physics as I haven't heard from pure Physics yet :/

If anyone has any tips or tough interview questions a little help would be much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've got an interview at UCL for medical physics on that day as well! I'm feeling a bit nervous but I've heard its quite a relaxed informal interview. Well good luck! :-) also do you know anyone else applying for that course there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by VV.KKGSR
I've got an interview at UCL for medical physics on that day as well! I'm feeling a bit nervous but I've heard its quite a relaxed informal interview. Well good luck! :-) also do you know anyone else applying for that course there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I'll see you there then :smile: I think I saw one other person on TSR who has a Medical Physics interview that day too, but I don't personally know anyone else haha. Oh really? I don't know anything about it, I couldn't find ANY information on it anywhere! Where did you hear that, may I ask?

I'm slightly curious as to whether it's like some other UCL courses in the sense that once you've been invited in you are already an offer holder, you just don't know it yet :P

Good luck to you too :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Matamaticas
I guess I'll see you there then :smile: I think I saw one other person on TSR who has a Medical Physics interview that day too, but I don't personally know anyone else haha. Oh really? I don't know anything about it, I couldn't find ANY information on it anywhere! Where did you hear that, may I ask?

I'm slightly curious as to whether it's like some other UCL courses in the sense that once you've been invited in you are already an offer holder, you just don't know it yet :P

Good luck to you too :biggrin:

You could try looking through the comments on the UCL applicants thread 2013, that's where I found out what interviews there were like and yes most people who had an interview there got an offer! I know what you mean it's really hard to find info on the course because most people have never even heard of it, but that could be a good thing as it seems less competitive :-)
See you there :-)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You could try looking through the comments on the UCL applicants thread 2013, that's where I found out what interviews there were like and yes most people who had an interview there got an offer! I know what you mean it's really hard to find info on the course because most people have never even heard of it, but that could be a good thing as it seems less competitive :-)
See you there :-)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been reading some of it however I don't think I've read the vast majority of it! That's slightly reassuring, however I'm going to prep so much for this interview! I am also applying for pure Physics, however I haven't heard a peep from them as of yet :P yes, less competitive = good :biggrin: so do you know anyone who has applied?
Reply 5
I have been reading some of it however I don't think I've read the vast majority of it! That's slightly reassuring, however I'm going to prep so much for this interview! I am also applying for pure Physics, however I haven't heard a peep from them as of yet :P yes, less competitive = good :biggrin: so do you know anyone who has applied?

Hi,

I also applied, but I haven't heard back from them, I think "Matamaticas" we discussed about this before.

Yeah, I applied to the Msci one, I don't know if I will meet their requirements though, if not, atleast I know I tried. I also recieved an email from one of the tutors at UCL, saying I only had three subjects at A-level, which were Biology, Mathematics, and Physics. But I am actually take 4 A-levels, with the 4th being an IT (OCR Nationals Level 3 Course). Well I replied to them a week ago now, still nothing. By the way, I sent my UCAS of just under two weeks ago.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
By the way, Well done on your Interviews! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by C94
Hi,

I also applied, but I haven't heard back from them, I think "Matamaticas" we discussed about this before.

Yeah, I applied to the Msci one, I don't know if I will meet their requirements though, if not, atleast I know I tried. I also recieved an email from one of the tutors at UCL, saying I only had three subjects at A-level, which were Biology, Mathematics, and Physics. But I am actually take 4 A-levels, with the 4th being an IT (OCR Nationals Level 3 Course). Well I replied to them a week ago now, still nothing. By the way, I sent my UCAS of just under two weeks ago.

Yeah, we talked a little a couple of days back!

That was the same for me, I would have regretted not trying and I would always have other choices if I was rejected! Is this 4 A-Levels at A2? If so, you'll probably have an advantage over some other candidates as many only have 3, don't they?

I sent my UCAS off at the beginning of December and it took about 3 weeks to hear from them, so don't be too worried :smile:
Reply 8

That was the same for me, I would have regretted not trying and I would always have other choices if I was rejected! Is this 4 A-Levels at A2? If so, you'll probably have an advantage over some other candidates as many only have 3, don't they?

I sent my UCAS off at the beginning of December and it took about 3 weeks to hear from them, so don't be too worried :smile:

Yeah, I am taking 4 A-levels at A2. I think I should have applied to the BSci, then the MSci, but I will just have to wait and see really. Well I don't know if 4 is an advantage, because some Uni's think its a disadvantage, because you do not get to learn the individual subjects in depth as you would if you were doing 3.

From what I have seen and read, this course seems noncompetitive then something like psychology or English or something. I think they should be able to offer a place to those with interviews, because if they have places on the course, and if you meet all their requirements, they can't really reject you.

But for something like Civil engineering, which my friend is doing it is more competitive, and they only select the top proportion of students.

I have always wanted to do something which combined medicine and engineering, and this is the perfect course, there is defiantly good career prospects for this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9

I know I hope the interview goes well, I really want to prove to them that I deserve to be accepted onto the course, oh maybe you'll hear back from them for physics soon, when did you send your application off? And no I don't know anyone else who has applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by C94
Hi,

I was going to apply to the Msci course but didn't know whether I wanted to stay there for 4 years, because I could do my masters elsewhere, but good luck hopefully you'll get an offer! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I was going to apply to the Msci course but didn't know whether I wanted to stay there for 4 years, because I could do my masters elsewhere, but good luck hopefully you'll get an offer! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 12

Hello,

How are you?

Have you got your offer back for physics yet?, I am still waiting for my offer on Medical Physics. :smile:
Reply 13
I know I hope the interview goes well, I really want to prove to them that I deserve to be accepted onto the course, oh maybe you'll hear back from them for physics soon, when did you send your application off? And no I don't know anyone else who has applied

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's the same for me! I haven't yet, no :frown: the beginning of December, how about yourself? Sorry for the late reply by the way, I'm so excited for Monday! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by C94
Hello,

How are you?

Have you got your offer back for physics yet?, I am still waiting for my offer on Medical Physics. :smile:

Hey! I'm good thanks, how about yourself?

No, unfortunately I haven't! I'm pretty excited for Monday's interview though! I'm sure you get it in their next batch of invites, especially with al your experience :smile: sorry for the delayed reply by the way
Reply 15
Guys, how did you find the interview?
Reply 16
Original post by C94

Yh it went well. if you send me a private message then I can tell you what happened
Reply 17
Yes that's the same for me! I haven't yet, no :frown: the beginning of December, how about yourself? Sorry for the late reply by the way, I'm so excited for Monday! :smile:

Hey did you go to the interview today?
Reply 18
Original post by C94

I think mine went quite well! You can also send me a message and I'll answer any questions about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hey did you go to the interview today?

Yes I did, I guess you did too? Message me and we can chat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending