The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by frogs r everywhere
Are the June 10 boundaries for real? :lolwut: Doubt it will be anywhere near that.

Why what were they?!

Also does anyone have the jan 2013 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frogs r everywhere
Are the June 10 boundaries for real? :lolwut: Doubt it will be anywhere near that.

it was a very hard paper... what did u get?
Reply 262
Original post by master y
it was a very hard paper... what did u get?

What were they for this paper? I can't find grade boundaries anywhere :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 263
Original post by hollywils
What were they for this paper? I can't find grade boundaries anywhere :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 39/75 for an A*!!

1370708722548.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 264
What kind of music do you guys listen to when you revise?
Reply 265
Does anyone know what they mean by benchmark? Like on Qs 7A PAPER JUNE 12! Thanks :smile:
Reply 266
Original post by nathaan5
Where did you get them from? Link won't open for me :frown:

There you go, plenty to keep you busy :wink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2176162
Original post by TH4RG3
Only 39/75 for an A*!!

1370708722548.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems to have been an anomaly though unfortunately. Though the grade boundaries for an A* still seem to be around 54 or 55/75, which is still very low so that's good!
Can someone answer 4b from jan 2012 please?
I've been looking for this thread! Much quieter than unit 5

can anyone explain the difference between "mean growth rate / kg per day" and "efficiency of conversion of food to biomass / %" ?

This is relating to the Jan 2012 Unit 4 paper. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 270
I hate this unit. Also hate the fact that I could have got away with my jan mark (70ums aka B) without retaking and get A overall. Also hate the fact that the mock (back in december) plus the two practice papers I did today (including redoing jan 13), I got A* on all (one being full ums).
Fricking hate it!!!! Retake also on my birthday, sucks!
Hate ecology, prefer physiology.

Does anyone else find the mark schemes complete joke? I can write perfectly correct answers but as its not on the mark scheme it is therefore wrong. Eg I wrote "photons absorbed by photosystem II" but mark scheme said "photons absorbed by cholophyll" and no mention of the photosystems being an acceptable answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 271
Original post by miffy56
I hate this unit. Also hate the fact that I could have got away with my jan mark (70ums aka B) without retaking and get A overall. Also hate the fact that the mock (back in december) plus the two practice papers I did today (including redoing jan 13), I got A* on all (one being full ums).

Does anyone else find the mark schemes complete joke? I can write perfectly correct answers but as its not on the mark scheme it is therefore wrong. Eg I wrote "photons absorbed by photosystem II" but mark scheme said "photons absorbed by cholophyll" and no mention of the photosystems being an acceptable answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This whole unit is just bull**** in my opinion! Dreading it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 272
Original post by miffy56

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely agree with yu on how they mark the answers, it is really really really annoying -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
2 days enough to revise for this retake?? got a B in jan 74 UMS hoping to get it up to an A....
please anyone!
Reply 274
Original post by miffy56

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by hollywils
This whole unit is just bull**** in my opinion! Dreading it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Londrinna
I completely agree with yu on how they mark the answers, it is really really really annoying -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate this unit, more so for the fact that I knew everything and failed the whole of HSW and ended dropping two whole grades! AQA is so unpredictable! Don't worry guys lets just hope this time is different :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by MLogan
I hate this unit, more so for the fact that I knew everything and failed the whole of HSW and ended dropping two whole grades! AQA is so unpredictable! Don't worry guys lets just hope this time is different :smile:

Yeah, what's even more annoying is the fact that you come out of the exam thinking you done okay, and then opps yu didnt. -.- but won't happen this time round!! Gotta say didnt do enough past papers in jan, and now im really analysing the question and reading through the mark scheme to see how I should express myself. I'm reading through the knowledge and i'm like " I so know this!, why did I do so bad in jan??" Lool
We can do thisssss guys!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
right has anyone got any documents full of graph questions... like the explain/describe ones? i keep getting them both mixed up and need lots of practice :')
Reply 277
Original post by neeloo
Dont they? Sorry about that. I dont know why, if you give me your email address I can email them to you instead :smile: I dont know if you can post pdf's here?

Hey, can you send the Bio 4 Jan 13 paper/markscheme to me too please.. Thank you :smile:
Reply 278
why does anaerobic respiration produce more co2 than aerobic respiration? D:
Reply 279
Original post by YWArtist
why does anaerobic respiration produce more co2 than aerobic respiration? D:

Anaerobic respiration is less efficient at producing ATP, so to produce the same amount of ATP, more anaerobic respiration should take place, so produces more co2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending