The Student Room Group

Official AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 22nd Janurary NEW SPEC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
http://efshare.com/ go there and upload it and then give us the link
Oracle is talking rubbish, don't believe them they blew their cover when they got the ribosome/mitochondria question wrong!:biggrin:
Reply 402
Original post by ThatGirlx
Protein structure is determined by the DNA base code. (1)Proteins are made in the ribosomes from lots of amino acids joined together. (1)
Each amino acid is coded by the sequence (order) of three bases. (1)

THAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.
THE QUESTION WAS NOT ASKING ABOUT MITOCHONDRIA; FOR ALL THOSE WHO SOMEHOW WROTE ABOUT MITOCHONDRIA.
ALSO, IT WAS ASKING HOW TO MAKE AN ENZYME. AN ENZYME IS A PROTEIN.
THANK YOU.
It said use part A and the ribosomes, it would not have said use part A which was the mitochondria if it had no relevance, he's deffo lying
Reply 403
Where is ze mark scheme :smile:
Original post by popburrow
when it said describe the enzyme graphs i said:
- as the concentration increases, the rate increaes
- hence, as the concentration increases, the rate at which the enzyme breaks down the proteins increases
- and i also squeezed in that it is directly proportional

and positive correlation
Reply 405
the question was about mitochondria, I started talking about how mitochondria will supply energy for the ribosomes to work
Original post by resit
It said use part A and the ribosomes, it would not have said use part A which was the mitochondria if it had no relevance, he's deffo lying

It said use part A for the previous question, not this one..
We'll see when we get our results back anyways..
March 10th.
Reply 407
jesus christ that test was hard. worked a lot for it and really hoped to get an A* (2 ums from a* on b1). Who has a mark scheme?
If it said to use part A and ribosomes then you should. Otherwise it is trying to get you to get the answer wrong!
Reply 409
Original post by Arshii
Can you please answer the question about the enzyme tryspin - how the manufactures made more profit... ?

i wrote higher temperatures, fast enzyme reactions
i wrote using enzymes is cheaper
Reply 410
Original post by bbadonde2
If it said to use part A and ribosomes then you should. Otherwise it is trying to get you to get the answer wrong!

Definitely.
Reply 411
I should be revising c2 right now!!! I'm wasting my time here but i can't get off this website!!!
Original post by Farhan96
Definitely.

The chances of this MS being real is as likely as winning the lottery!
I should be revising c2 right now!!! I'm wasting my time here but i can't get off this website!!!

i should aswell but i'm just waiting for this markscheme this person is supposed to be putting up
Reply 414

omg basically me right now:wink:
Reply 415
No one click on the link!!! Just report oracle!!!
Reply 416
Original post by 2015rgs
omg basically me right now:wink:

we're on the same page!!!
i forgot to mention part A (mitochondria) :frown: will i lose a lot of marks on that?
Reply 418
Even with all our intellect combined I don't think we will ever be able to come up with perfect answers for those dodgy questions AQA love to fill the exams we study day and night for with.
Reply 419
Original post by ThatGirlx
exactly, so we didn't have to mention mitochondria :d

It asked how cell A and ribosomes work together, you had to. Cell's go through protein synthesis, mitochondria give energy, energy is used for when amino acids join together to make a protein. None of the genetic code stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending