The Student Room Group

Veterinary student average grades?

Hello! I've never posted in here so I'm sorry if it's the wrong place. Basically my little brother wants to study Veterinary Medicine when he's older, but although he's clever he's got a very bad work ethic at the moment. Is there anywhere I can find a list of current students of Veterinary Medicine and their GCSE/A-level grades, so that I can give him a bit of a kick up the pants? :colone: Any help appreciated, of any kind, thank you!
Most uni's require 5A's + at GCSE, whilst the usual A level requirement is AAA - the exceptions being Nottingham (AAB) and Cambridge (A*AA)

:smile:
Reply 2
You'll find most people have A*s and As at GCSE with a few Bs, then at least AAA at A level generally. if you only had AAB you could only apply for vet med at Nottingham which reduces your chances a lot! 400 interviews at notts this year out of 2000 applicants, for about 100 places.

Work experience is quite hard work and time-consuming, and is a big part of a vet application, so its worth thinking about if your brother hasn't yet. E.g. Liverpool ask for 10 weeks minimum (4 at vets, 6 other eg farms, stables, kennels).
Although other universities do not set such high limits, many applying will be also be applying to Liverpool and so will have a lot of experience, upping the competition!
My grades are in my profile.

If you've not got a decent work ethic then you might as well forget about vet med. It takes a lot of work to get good grades, and to work for free and full time at different placements throughout your summer holidays whilst your friends are on holiday or hanging out (let alone to organise placements well in advanced).
Reply 4
Original post by SilverstarDJ
My grades are in my profile.

If you've not got a decent work ethic then you might as well forget about vet med. It takes a lot of work to get good grades, and to work for free and full time at different placements throughout your summer holidays whilst your friends are on holiday or hanging out (let alone to organise placements well in advanced).

Thanks all you guys! That's really helpful. He'd better pull his socks up then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending