The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow A100 Medicine Offer Holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone else from England currently sitting A Levels with an offer? Got mine a few days ago, AAA - big relief after 2 rejections :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by KirstenReilly
Im from Northern Ireland with an offer! :biggrin: where abouts you from

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cookstown! And you? Are you heading over for the open day?
Reply 42
Original post by miledd
Anyone else from England currently sitting A Levels with an offer? Got mine a few days ago, AAA - big relief after 2 rejections :biggrin:

I'm another from England with a conditional AAA offer!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by taramolloy

Congrats :biggrin:

For those with conditional offers remember this is the final push now, knuckle down and work your asses off for the next few months and you'll be fine :wink2:
Reply 44
Is anyone else wondering whether to withdraw their other choices so they can firm Glasgow?
I'm not sure if I should wait to see if I get another offer or not!
Reply 45
Original post by ammi
Is anyone else wondering whether to withdraw their other choices so they can firm Glasgow?

I want to so I can apply for accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by taramolloy

Nice one! Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Ipswich in Suffolk, got a nice 9 hour journey to get to Glasgow :/ I swear there aren't very many English applicants this year, all Scottish or graduates...
Reply 47
Original post by ammi

Yeah I'm thinking exactly the same, want to cancel so can apply for decent accommodation....but I'm just waiting on Cardiff, want to know if my terrible interview performance was enough for an offer.....
Original post by miledd
Nice one! Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Ipswich in Suffolk, got a nice 9 hour journey to get to Glasgow :/ I swear there aren't very many English applicants this year, all Scottish or graduates...

Im English too, but an access student rather than Alevels (mature, grand old age of 24!) I'm from Essex and my parents live in Ipswich Suffolk! Are you firming Glasgow? I'm just waiting to hear back from others :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by SarahGummer
Im English too, but an access student rather than Alevels (mature, grand old age of 24!) I'm from Essex and my parents live in Ipswich Suffolk! Are you firming Glasgow? I'm just waiting to hear back from others :smile:

Ah right, did you go to school in Ipswich then? I'm doing A levels at Northgate High School (if that means anything to you :P). Yeah I reckon I will firm it, but like you I'm just waiting for Cardiff (got rejected from Manchester and Newcastle). I may just cancel cardiff though, cos I want to apply early enough to get the decent accommodation....
Original post by dollybites
Received a conditional offer on Wednesday! Absolutely delighted. Anyone else from Northern Ireland got an offer? :smile:

Nelly

Original post by KirstenReilly
Im from Northern Ireland with an offer! :biggrin: where abouts you from

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jumping aboard. Im from the north too!
Did you's apply to Queens as well?
Reply 51
So, plenty of Irish, plenty of Scottish (ofc), but as mentioned above not that many English students apart from grads and mature students.

Ah well, as long as everyone is friendly I don't care :wink:
Reply 52
Original post by Mark7895
Did anyone take part in the reach programme here?

I did:smile:
Reply 53
Got Conditional offer:smile: Four days on and I am still in shock...
Hey guys, I'm happy to say that I've got an unconditional for Glasgow (reapplicant) :biggrin: I was wondering if someone could tell me how you know when the Glasgow Medicine post offer interview day is and if anyone knows what that will include as I'm not sure I'll be able to make it :frown:
Reply 55
Original post by thesimpleton
Hey guys, I'm happy to say that I've got an unconditional for Glasgow (reapplicant) :biggrin: I was wondering if someone could tell me how you know when the Glasgow Medicine post offer interview day is and if anyone knows what that will include as I'm not sure I'll be able to make it :frown:

Congrats :biggrin:

It's on the Glasgow uni website, here's the link - http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/applicantsvisit/

I believe there are general talks and tours about accommodation, funding and the uni etc.

And for medicine there is a stand with academic information, some talks and the chance to meet up with the lecturers and staff to answer any questions you may have. And it'll also give you a chance to meet some of the people you will be joining on the course :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by miledd

I'm in Yorkshire so not quite as far for me! Yeah I know what you mean...it will be interesting to see how representative Tsr is of the actually applicants...
Original post by ellesee888
Unconditional offer. Tempted to buy a stethoscope now I know I'm definitely going to be a medical student. :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Good for you :smile: Luckily for me, the staff at the hospice I volunteered at gave me a stethoscope as a leaving present. And it's a Littmann, sorted lol.

Are you a re-applicant or a graduate?
Hello everyone :smile:

Congratulations on your offers! Whether your offer is conditional or unconditional, please feel free to join the Glasgow Medical Freshers 2013 Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/339046809528942/

I also look forward to hopefully seeing many of you at the open day! Well done!
Reply 59
Original post by Mark7895
Did anyone take part in the reach programme here?

Hi everyone :smile:
I've got a conditional for Glasgow too! I'm a Scottish student.. so need BB at AH and a C in a higher! I did the reach programme too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending