The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow A100 Medicine Offer Holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Andrew Mooney
Good for you :smile: Luckily for me, the staff at the hospice I volunteered at gave me a stethoscope as a leaving present. And it's a Littmann, sorted lol.

Are you a re-applicant or a graduate?

That was nice! I'm a re-applicant :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 61
Hello everyone :smile:

Congratulations on your offers! Whether your offer is conditional or unconditional, please feel free to join the Glasgow Medical Freshers 2013 Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/339046809528942/

I also look forward to hopefully seeing many of you at the open day! Well done!

Just waiting on hearing back from my other three choices before joining. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 62
Good for you :smile: Luckily for me, the staff at the hospice I volunteered at gave me a stethoscope as a leaving present. And it's a Littmann, sorted lol.

Are you a re-applicant or a graduate?

One of my friends got me one for my birthday in December :smile: I'm so glad I'll actually get to use it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hunter40
Hi everyone :smile:
I've got a conditional for Glasgow too! I'm a Scottish student.. so need BB at AH and a C in a higher! I did the reach programme too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on the reach programme and got an offer too:smile: What AHs are you doing?
Original post by dollybites
Cookstown! And you? Are you heading over for the open day?

Belfast/bangor area:smile: not too sure yet Don't know if I can afford it im trying to save for holiday haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by acbj123
I want to so I can apply for accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by miledd
Yeah I'm thinking exactly the same, want to cancel so can apply for decent accommodation....but I'm just waiting on Cardiff, want to know if my terrible interview performance was enough for an offer.....

Will it make a difference with their accommodation do you know then? I don't know if it is a first come first serve sort of thing or not. But it would be nice to have everything organised quickly
Reply 66
Original post by RememberMe!
I was on the reach programme and got an offer too:smile: What AHs are you doing?

Chemistry & Biology :smile: and higher French.. you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey how did everyone find out about the open day ? and I've still not recieved an email from Glasgow themseleves, only UCAS :s-smilie:
Reply 68
Original post by nicola270694
Hey how did everyone find out about the open day ? and I've still not recieved an email from Glasgow themseleves, only UCAS :s-smilie:

Hi, it's on the Glasgow uni website :smile:

I posted the link on the previous page if you need it.
Reply 69
Original post by ammi
Will it make a difference with their accommodation do you know then? I don't know if it is a first come first serve sort of thing or not. But it would be nice to have everything organised quickly

Just assuming its first-come-first-serve, but not 100% sure to be honest. I thought the general allocation was you get better options if you live far away from Glasgow, but besides that its completely whoever applies first.....I just don't want to end up in a shared room at Cairncross.
Reply 70
Original post by OriginalNoob
Jumping aboard. Im from the north too!
Did you's apply to Queens as well?

Yeah I had an interview just waiting to here back from it! What about you? Where abouts aee you? :biggrin: so excited! Are you heading over for the open day?
Original post by dollybites
Yeah I had an interview just waiting to here back from it! What about you? Where abouts aee you? :biggrin: so excited! Are you heading over for the open day?

I had an interview in December, this wait from Queens is killing me. Last year they gave out offers on the 22nd of March. Too long.

I'm from near enough Banbridge.
Nah, I dont think I will. You gonna go over? Where else you apply?
Original post by OriginalNoob
I had an interview in December, this wait from Queens is killing me. Last year they gave out offers on the 22nd of March. Too long.

I'm from near enough Banbridge.
Nah, I dont think I will. You gonna go over? Where else you apply?

Same im dying to know from queens but I actually think it was my worst interview by far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
any USA applicants have an offer?
Reply 74
Original post by miledd
Anyone else from England currently sitting A Levels with an offer? Got mine a few days ago, AAA - big relief after 2 rejections :biggrin:

Original post by taramolloy
I'm another from England with a conditional AAA offer!!!!! :biggrin:

Another applicant from England here! Triple A! =D

Original post by ammi
Is anyone else wondering whether to withdraw their other choices so they can firm Glasgow?
I'm not sure if I should wait to see if I get another offer or not!

I'm facing the same conundrum here, waiting to see if I get an offer from Manchester even though I prefer Glasgow lol :tongue: Though I don't want to wait too long in case I miss out on good accomodation!
Reply 75
I got a postcard from Glasgow today informing me that "2013 is going to be a great year for you" and mentioning the applicants visit day. Made me feel more than a tad excited......

Reply 76
Original post by ellesee888
I got a postcard from Glasgow today informing me that "2013 is going to be a great year for you" and mentioning the applicants visit day. Made me feel more than a tad excited......

Yep unlucky 13 is lucky for some :wink2:
Wow, all you offer holders! Congratulations on getting into Glasgow. You'll have a great time if you go. :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Wow, all you offer holders! Congratulations on getting into Glasgow. You'll have a great time if you go. :biggrin:

I take it you would recommend Glasgow then? Haha. :biggrin: Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you find the PBL aspect of the course and how many hours of lectures a week do you get? Thanks in advance :smile:

Original post by ellesee888
I take it you would recommend Glasgow then? Haha. :biggrin: Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you find the PBL aspect of the course and how many hours of lectures a week do you get? Thanks in advance :smile:

I'm not at Glasgow, just have friends who're having a blast there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending