The Student Room Group

AS level ponder

Hey i just got my results today and I got an A in all my main subjects which are maths, economics and psychology (middle/low A's but heck ill take it) but i was wondering cause i also got a D in general studies (48 ums), i was wondering due to me only having 3 as levels, do you think this will affect my possible chances of getting in a decent university (top 40).

I know its general studies bleh, but im just thinking about my only 3 as levels and such.

Thanks for any reply/response =)
every offer I hold says excluding general studies. I suspect it depends on university and course though. practically all offers are only based on three a levels anyway so you should be fine.
Reply 2
I was just thinking if i get my target AAB this year, when i apply for university they will see my C/D/whatever grade of general studies and think... 'hmmmm bit of doubt in this ol chap'

But ok sounds alright for the non general uni's, thanks for the post :smile:))
Reply 3
Nope. I have a grade D in General studies and D in critical thinking and I have 5 offers at top 10 universities. They're going to be interested in your actual 3 more.
Almost all universities don't look or care about General Studies A-Level but a very rare few might. I just wouldn't bother with it. :smile:
I have a c in critical thinking and an offer from oxford :L
Reply 6
Ok cool, hopefully it wont hinder me tooooo baddd. thank youu =)

Quick Reply

Latest