The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by browb003
The fx-991ES Plus is a really good calculator, I used it in my C4 exam to check all my integration and differentiation answers by substituting in a value and seeing if the answers matched up (for indefinite integrals, I made up limits to compare my answer and the calculator's answer)

Here's a good article to look at :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Making_the_Most_of_your_Casio_fx-991ES_Calculator

Thanks so much guys. I can't wait to do another Paper now! Great great techniques. I really appreciate it.
This is so akward but
After AAALLL this im not sure anymore in c3 trig wht reflex obtuse and stuff like tht mean anymore does obtuse mean the angle is in d scnd quadrant and reflex means in 3rd or 4th i cnt remembr d other word/s this is really frustratin me as i self taught c2 and c3 n i dont know this.... :frown: guys could u help me with all this reflex obtuse stuff? Plss :frown:
to those resitting c3, hows it goin?
Original post by MedMed12

so far its not too bad, i learnt from my mistake last time round, and that is to do soloman papers rather than the exam papers
Reply 884

Going well thanks, in January I had it straight after another exam :/ and made loads of ridiculous errors - what about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 885
Original post by Revisionbug
This is so akward but
After AAALLL this im not sure anymore in c3 trig wht reflex obtuse and stuff like tht mean anymore does obtuse mean the angle is in d scnd quadrant and reflex means in 3rd or 4th i cnt remembr d other word/s this is really frustratin me as i self taught c2 and c3 n i dont know this.... :frown: guys could u help me with all this reflex obtuse stuff? Plss :frown:

have a look at this: http://www.mathsisfun.com/angles.html
Original post by masryboy94
so far its not too bad, i learnt from my mistake last time round, and that is to do soloman papers rather than the exam papers

hmm c3 solomon are pretty hard :/ c4 are quite nice.
I think im lagging abit with c3 revision at the moment, dont feel as if I've done enough recently.
Original post by LaurenB16
Going well thanks, in January I had it straight after another exam :/ and made loads of ridiculous errors - what about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah so was that your first time sitting c3? thank god for june!
Reply 888
I think im lagging abit with c3 revision at the moment, dont feel as if I've done enough recently.

You think you're lagging... I haven't even started C3 revision yet. Only just finished learning all of C4! :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suncake
You think you're lagging... I haven't even started C3 revision yet. Only just finished learning all of C4! :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hows c4 been? doing s2 as well?

thats what makes it even better to do soloman papers, so that you know where all your weaknesses are and learn from them, i found alot of weaknesses that i did not encounter doing past papers, there helpful, and still got a few more to go, so far so good. i think atm anyone retaking c3 should be doing soloman papers as a priority and then go on to doing past papers
thats what makes it even better to do soloman papers, so that you know where all your weaknesses are and learn from them, i found alot of weaknesses that i did not encounter doing past papers, there helpful, and still got a few more to go, so far so good. i think atm anyone retaking c3 should be doing soloman papers as a priority and then go on to doing past papers

you're right! I've done afew I think, haha ages ago for solomon c3, but need to start upping it abit, been focusing on c4 maths wise and other exams :/ got 78 in jan c3, but a friend who did the solomon got 87
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 892

How do you go about learning from your mistakes, do you go back to the textbook and do every questions?
Reply 893
hows c4 been? doing s2 as well?

Not that good tbh - I've struggled with integration more than I thought I would, and vectors (especially the exam questions) can be a bitch. Was aiming for A* but seems like wishful thinking now! Where are you in terms of revision then? :smile:

And nope, just doing C3 + C4, already done D1 + S1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franzk
How do you go about learning from your mistakes, do you go back to the textbook and do every questions?

that and teachers and TSR, an example was for on a C4 soloman paper i did earlier, i didn't get the process of how they got to the final answer, posted it on TSR got amazing feedback and now i fully understand, and funnily enough i saw a very similar question to it just a few minutes ago, tried it, and go it right. But yeh mainly it tells you what topic you could be struggling with and like you said, you can read back on the textbook. and believe me, once you finish all of the soloman papers and do the past papers you think like 'wow is this GCSE :eek:' thats how much more challenging solomans are
you're right! I've done afew I think, haha ages ago for solomon c3, but need to start upping it abit, been focusing on c4 maths wise and other exams :/ got 78 in jan c3, but a friend who did the solomon got 87

me and you got the same mark :tongue:, and yeh a friend of mine did only soloman papers and he got 97, so you know, its obviously worth it ! and i can definitely say it is after doing half the solomans and realising where my weaknesses are
Original post by suncake
Not that good tbh - I've struggled with integration more than I thought I would, and vectors (especially the exam questions) can be a bitch. Was aiming for A* but seems like wishful thinking now! Where are you in terms of revision then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh nice, I hate some of the more application vectors questions too :/ erm we're doing revision in class now so we've just gone over partial fractions and starting parametrics revision.

me and you got the same mark :tongue:, and yeh a friend of mine did only soloman papers and he got 97, so you know, its obviously worth it ! and i can definitely say it is after doing half the solomans and realising where my weaknesses are

trig is usually mine. afew people in my class got that score aha! I did well on past papers, and the jan paper was much harder than expected and silly mistakes didnt help :tongue:
Reply 897
Original post by suncake

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may as well try for the A*. You only live once.

C4 Vectors aren't difficult once you get it.
hello everyone, if your looking for the C3 January 2013 question paper here it is, i've also attached the examiners report which i found helpful, it helped me understand what were the main problems. unfortunately i can't attach the mark scheme because its too big of a file, so if you want the mark scheme, message me and i'll e-mail it to you :smile: hope it helps.
Reply 899
Original post by Better
You may as well try for the A*. You only live once.

C4 Vectors aren't difficult once you get it.

Assuming my C3 mark doesn't improve, I'd need 8 marks in C4 for an A, but 95 marks for an A*. So yeah, I agree with you there, I might as well try :redface:

Guess I just need to revise more. Trying to find the time and willpower!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending