The Student Room Group

My Revision Diary! March-June!

Hello everyone after very disappointing results for my Jan AS exams I swore to myself that I will actually work hard and get A's/B's in the summer.

So I'm going to do a "diary" of my revision on a daily basis until I finish my exams in June.

You may ask what is the point of this? This will make me stay motivated to actually do revision as I will be wanting to post on what I do daily.

Subjects I do:

Chemistry
Physics Force and the newton, Motion with non-constant acceleration, Equilibrium
Psychology
I.T

So I'm going to start revision this Monday- 11th March.
I will be posting on what I have revised/how long/main events @ school/ outside school.

Thanks for reading feel free to join in too :tongue:

Monday 11th March :
Done like 2 hours of solid chemistry revision, also wrote up psychology notes :biggrin:

(Extra) Started gym again :smile: double motivation

Didn't do MUCH revision as I had to stay at school late to do I.T.

Tuesday 12th March--
1 and a half hours on both Physics and Chemistry, was going to do more psychology notes but got distracted by the Barca Milan game :P

Wednesday 13th March
I have done about 2hrs revision for my chemistry test tomorrow (Now doing test next week)
Wrote up more psychology notes

Thursday 14th March
Done 2 hrs of Chemistry and Physics :eek:

Topics I done for Chemistry were-
Ionic Bonding, Ions and the Periodic Table, Covalent Bonding and Further Covalent Bonding

Physics -
Free fall, Measurements of g

​Friday 15th March

Only done an 1hr or so of physics, played football till late. Going to do loads of revision tomorrow though :O

Saturday 16th March

1:00 PM
Just finished 2 hours of Chemistry, done the topics
Electronegativity and polarity, Inter molecular forces, Hydrogen Bonding

Finished my Physics, today I done:
Force and the newton,
Motion with non-constant acceleration,
Equilibrium ( Hard topic, Didn't really understand it :frown: )
Centre of gravity
Turning forces

Now to right up some psychology notes :/ What a great Saturday!

Sunday 17th March
Topic done today

Chemistry: Redox reactions, Oxidation Number, Titrations
Physics: Density. Pressure, Car stopping distances, Car safety

Took ages for both subjects (mainly because I done a lot of questions)
Not doing psychology today because I have a headache lol.

Monday 18th March

Done 1:30hr of physics today. (Work "Joules) Kinetic Energy and GPE.

Also abit more than 2hrs of Psychology, writing a new set of notes for unit 2. ( Definitions of abnormality and Approaches. (Biological, Psychodynamic , Behavior and Cognitive.

Got 2 frees tomorrow, going to spend it all doing Chemistry.
Tuesday 19th Mar

Done loadssss of psychology today and quiet abit of Chemistry ������

Wednesday 20th March

Done very little revision, was so tired!

Thursday 21th March

Done revision on group 7 elements in chemistry. Displacement reactions ( When the more reactive element over powers the weakling element :biggrin: and also done Disproportionation.

Also done tons more psychology notes

Friday 22nd March

Done no revision (apart from my two free periods). Go out and play football on Fridays and when I come back I'm too tired to even read a book

Saturday 23rd March

Done soo much revision today, finished all the topics for Physics and started a past paper. (Thursday May 2009). Got 41/60, not sure what grade that will be. Tbh even if it was a decent grade I won't be overally happy because older papers are easier than papers now.

Few more topics on chemistry then I will start doing past papers. Probably on Monday.

Sunday 24th March

finished all topics for chemistry, gone over everything and do a few questions.

also read my other book for extra physics ininformation

Monday 25th March

i done my chemistry paper and got an A , (obviously its an older paper so it's easier than papers now)

done another physics paper and got a C, went over all corrections and now can do those questions.

Finished with reading over psychology notes and revising for the test I I have on Wednesday.

Tuesday 26th March

Went through all my papers again and done more indepth reading for physics

Wednesday 27th March

EASTER HOLIDAYS YAYYY..nvm going to be full of revision.

Done another chem and physics unit 1 paper. Got 44/45 out of 60 which is either a strong C or a low B. Want to aim for around 48-50 out of 60 for both

Thursday 28th March

Basically done revision from when I woke up till I left for a party at 6 , not sure what I done on that day tbh lol. (Editing this Friday night)

Friday 29th March

Got back to my house around 1 p.m , went straight to bed and slept till 7-8 pm. ( was a good night)

so done no revision that day..

Saturday 30th March

Starting revision now. 12:40.

12:40- 3:40 just done psychology, reading most of my notes again and re writing for better understanding.

Break from 3:40 to 4:40

4:30- to 7, wanted to do more psychology :O , Liking the topic that I'm doing now ( Obedience).

Sunday 31th March

Just done some revision for physics and chemistry. nothing major, just looking at notes etc

Monday April 1st

Had a huge cold :frown: couldn't do revision all day and when I tried I get really drowsy (because of meds). So no revision done today...

Tuesday April 2nd (STARTING UNIT 2 REVISION)

(still quiet ill but have to force to do revision) :frown:
I have Done the topics , Electrical Charge, Kirchoff's Law and Electron Drift Velocity. ( Don't FULLY understand Drift Velocity so will get more help when i go back to school.

For Chemistry: I'm going to ( on an hour break) 5 topics-
Introduction to Organic Chemistry
Naming Hydrocarbons
Naming Compounds with functional groups
Formula of Organic Compounds
Structural and Skeletal Formula

All easy chemistry stuff so got them done quick

Will see if i cba to do psychology ( Didn't do any lol)

Wednesday April 3rd

Just finished 2hrs of psychology, writing and re-reading notes.

Going to have a break then start some Physics 4-6. Make notes on Unit 2 and go over over Driving Safety topic in unit 1. - EDIT Did physics ended up finishing at 8 lol. Not sure what time i started.

I covered the topics:
EMF
Potential Diffidence
Resistance and Ohm's Law
Resistance of circuit components
Resistivity

(Didn't want to force myself to do Unit 1 stuff, got tired of physics).

Finished Chemistry :smile:
Read through all the notes i made today and yesterday

Time to play games for ages and it's getting to 1 a.m yaay

Thursday 4th April

Motivation was so low today :frown: I didn't even read through past notes. So no work done today :/.

Going to loads tomorrow though.

Friday 5th April

Today I have done 5 topics for chemistry.
- Hydrocarbons as Fuels
Fossil Fuels and Fuels of the future
Substitution reactions of alkanes
Alkenes
Reaction of alkenes
Further addition reactions of alkenes.

Re-Read through all the past chemistry notes too.

For Physics:

The effect of temperature on resistivity
Electrical Power
Domestic Electrical Supply
Charging for Electrical energy

Psychology:

The big topic: "Why do people obey" and re-read some notes from earlier.

Saturday 6th April

Didn't do everything today. Only completed Physics and Psychology. Also completed a unit 1 past paper and achieved 44/60. (B).

Sunday 7th April

Well didn't do any revision as it was my birthday :smile:

Monday 8th April
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by yodawg321
Hello everyone after very disappointing results for my Jan AS exams I swore to myself that I will actually work hard and get A's/B's in the summer.

So I'm going to do a "diary" of my revision on a daily basis until I finish my exams in June.

You may ask what is the point of this? This will make me stay motivated to actually do revision as I will be wanting to post on what I do daily.

I will be posting on what I have revised/how long/main events @ school/ outside school.

Monday 11th March -

Never revise saying I will revise 1 hour of maths and 1 hour of chemistry etc. Revise saying I will finish these chapters today and these chapters tomorrow, then you wont have time as your enemy. :tongue:
Reply 2

Monday 11th March -

Good idea! Best of luck for your revision! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by advice_guru
Never revise saying I will revise 1 hour of maths and 1 hour of chemistry etc. Revise saying I will finish these chapters today and these chapters tomorrow, then you wont have time as your enemy. :tongue:

Yeah that's what I do, for example tomorrow I'm going to do 1/4 of Unit 1 for Chemistry/Physics :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DjamesH94
Good idea! Best of luck for your revision! :smile:

Thanks :smile: hopefully this will make me stick to my revision!
Cool idea , im going to subscribe to this thread and leech of your motivation , by seeing you do it it will hopefull spur me into doing it also :smile: . I tend to find that when your involved in something with people , you have much more of a chance of committing to it , my freinds are all worse than me so no help there :tongue:.
Reply 6
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Cool idea , im going to subscribe to this thread and leech of your motivation , by seeing you do it it will hopefull spur me into doing it also :smile: . I tend to find that when your involved in something with people , you have much more of a chance of committing to it , my freinds are all worse than me so no help there :tongue:.

:biggrin:, If more people view/talk about this thread there will be less chance for me to loss motivation. So thanks for subscribing :smile:
Reply 7
I plan to start revising soon.

I'm going subscribe too in hope that seeing how well you're doing will give me motivation to revise more :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by JordanS94
I plan to start revising soon.

I'm going subscribe too in hope that seeing how well you're doing will give me motivation to revise more :biggrin:

Cheers 😃
*subscribes*
Reply 10
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
*subscribes*

*high-fives*
*high-fives*

:ahee:
Reply 12
I'm subscribing. I did absolutely **** and I have to retake 3 modules :redface:

I think I should just retake 2 I'm stuck :/ and I'll start solid revision tonight.
Im in!
Reply 14
nerd dairy more like, no one cares
Original post by e1usive
nerd dairy more like, no one cares

I care, thus rendering your point invalid.
Reply 16
Original post by AppleGeek12
I've subscribed :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Cheersss
Reply 17
Wondering how do you revise psychology with all the case studies and ao2 stuff ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Jkizer
Wondering how do you revise psychology with all the case studies and ao2 stuff ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically I just chill and read the text book unit, after I finished reading I go on the computer and type notes up and re read / revise till it sticks

Only got a C in unit 1 in jan so want to resit and get it higher
At the beginning of the day, make a checklist of all you want to cover and regardless of how busy your day is, you should aim to do some revision ( excluding note taking and homework) on at least 3 of you 4/5 AS subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending