The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy Ftw
Don't think I know of a single person who is actively hoping for Bartoli to win!

I have no preference personally, just hoping for a good match. Would be nice for Bartoli 6 years after losing in her last final no doubt though :smile:

I want Bartoli to win!
But I like Lisicki as well, so I'll be happy for whoever wins.

Original post by manchesterunited15
You use 2 hands on a rounders bat? :tongue:

I've always used two hands on a rounders bat :bigsmile::K:
Reply 5741
Original post by Maid Marian
I've always used two hands on a rounders bat :bigsmile::K:

Respect, us and Bartoli know where it's at. Though I would like Lisicki to win this set and the third to last for hours.
Original post by Hopple
Respect, us and Bartoli know where it's at. Though I would like Lisicki to win this set and the third to last for hours.

:five:
Two hands are best :h:
Yes Bartoli!!
Bartoli breaks! Brilliant game from her, poor Lisicki :frown:
Looks like this could be a very quick final..
43% of first serve points won for Lisicki, that is a horrible stat to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
Looks like this could be a very quick final..
They often are that's what annoys me about 3 sets, you only need the momentum with you for 4 or so game around the end of the first set and its over. With enough time I think Lisicki could get back in this, but she's going to run out of games if she doesn't hit back this game or the next she faces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lisicki looks like she is about to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
her tears... breaking my heart :frown:
Is it just me, or does Lisicki look like she's about to cry/has been crying? :s-smilie:
Even though I want Bartoli to win, I'm really feeling for her :frown:

Edit. Ok, not just me then!XD
She is on the verge of tears. As great a player as she can be this was a fear that she would get nervous. I didn't realise she could get this nervous.
Aw Lisicki :frown::frown::frown:
It's over, 1-4 down now. Such a disappointing final, no different than the standard Serena-Sharapova fare.
and people thought we would see a competitive final because serena isn't around :rofl:
Reply 5755
Yea, she's crying.
Reply 5756
I've never seen a player so emotional during a match, for me if Bartoli wins it's more due to Lisicki's meltdown. Bartoli's just handled the occasion perfectly
Original post by doggyfizzel
They often are that's what annoys me about 3 sets, you only need the momentum with you for 4 or so game around the end of the first set and its over. With enough time I think Lisicki could get back in this, but she's going to run out of games if she doesn't hit back this game or the next she faces.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they should bring back the 5 set final for the women's Grand Slams, like it used to be for the men's masters tournaments. Nerves seem to play a huge part in these three set finals precisely because whoever loses the first set is under so much pressure to get back in the match.

This is painful viewing - Lisicki is playing like an amateur, barely able to get the ball into court.
Reply 5758
This is sad :frown: Lisicki's missing so many shots even I would be surprised to miss.
Says a lot the crowd think this could well be the final game and the commentators are already building it up, on Lisicki's serve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest