The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The only thing wrong with that video is the blatant sucking up by Novak by wearing a French football shirt.
Reply 41
Original post by TheMagicRat
The only thing wrong with that video is the blatant sucking up by Novak by wearing a French football shirt.

yeah I didn't find much wrong with what he said there, was he supposed to take a defeatist attitude by saying nadal is unbeatable in order not to sound arrogant? :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by Jack93o
yeah I didn't find much wrong with what he said there, was he supposed to take a defeatist attitude by saying nadal is unbeatable in order not to sound arrogant? :s-smilie:

Maybe not that part - but saying he was in control of the match? Sounded like a sore loser.
Reply 43
I'm looking forward to Nadal winning so that I can quote all the people who told me I was wrong that Nadal's consistent ability to come back from difficulty in the past meant he could probably come back again.
Not embarrassed to admit Sky showing the weeks of Nadals absence and how it all started with their video gave me goosebumps :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Bobifier
I'm looking forward to Nadal winning so that I can quote all the people who told me I was wrong that Nadal's consistent ability to come back from difficulty in the past meant he could probably come back again.

you can already do that, he's beaten federer, ferrer and berdych, theres not much more you can ask for, except perhaps beating djokovic, but thats not really fair since he was losing to him even before the injury
Reply 47

What? Theres no result there yet. H2H is still correct.
EDIT: Sorry, could help if I could read. Brb, just putting a bet on. :smile:
Reply 48
really hope del potro isn't too tired from his last two matches because he definitely has the game to beat nadal
Del Potro has Pope-powers. Nadal shall not pass.
Reply 50
Original post by TopHat
Del Potro has Pope-powers. Nadal shall not pass.

Indeed, he hasn't lost since the new pope came into power.
Reply 51
Good start.
Nadal had no right winning that point after such a brilliant serve by Del Potro.
Nadal standing 2000 metres behind the baseline to cope with the forehand.
Look at how much effort Nadal has to put on his loopers to put them at a height which troubles a player as tall as Del Potro. If he can keep that up for an entire match, I'll be impressed.
Reply 55
what is up with del potro's 1st serve? speed is way down
Reply 56
Original post by Jack93o
what is up with del potro's 1st serve? speed is way down

Is he hitting the ball a lot less harder or is it just me?
Wouldn't be surprised if Nadal won, this court is basically clay in disguise.
my stream is so laggy....
Reply 59
The forehand makes an appearance...

Latest