Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    He's Fully Capable of becoming world no.1 I know he can and perhaps becoming world no.1 will make him improve his game on clay. I now See Murray snatching the year End No.1 Of Nole this year.
    You said same thing about Nadal a month ago LOL He might but he'll need to win Montreal, Cincinnati, the US Open, Shanghai and the WTFs probably, given Djokovic's consistency in reaching SFs and Fs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Okay, at this point I'm not sure where we actually disagree. The first two paragraphs of your post seem to be in agreement with my original statement that 2011 was an anomaly (i.e. a deviation from a rule or from what is regarded as normal). I never said that he wasn't still the best.
    2011 is an anomaly in terms of results, but I disagree that he's playing really all that much worse, if at all. A lot of things went his way back then, and he really came out of nowhere so you have to factor in just how ready all of his opponents were for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    You said same thing about Nadal a month ago LOL He might but he'll need to win Montreal, Cincinnati, the US Open, Shanghai and the WTFs probably, given Djokovic's consistency in reaching SFs and Fs.
    How bad is the damage to Roger's ranking after Wimbledon then? He loses close to 2000 points for Wimbledon, and his points for the Olympics. Will he be 5th? Also, Janowicz, Tomic and Kubot will be moving up the rankings, as will Del Potro, will be interesting to see where they end up.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know that Nadal was going to use lose in the first round I was expecting Nadal to get to the Final or win it thats why I had Nadal as the year end no.1 Now i see Nadal at Year end no.3 now not no.1.
    As for Murray Hes behind Djokovic 3200 points He has to defend US open and then Win Montreal Gain 1000 points Nole loses 400 points Murray wins Cincinnati gain 1000 points Murray gets to the Final of Shanghai and Paris Wins Wtf finals that would be enough in terms of points won for Murray and points lost for Djokovic for Murray to become WORLD NO.1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    2011 is an anomaly in terms of results, but I disagree that he's playing really all that much worse, if at all. A lot of things went his way back then, and he really came out of nowhere so you have to factor in just how ready all of his opponents were for it.
    Fair enough. I feel that his dip from 2011 has been more dramatic than you do. The rest of the season should be interesting from his point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    But if Murray or Nadal win US OPEN then they will have the best year.
    Yes, they would, but I'm just saying that in his apparent "decline", Djokovic can still end the year as the undisputed best player. And the tournament is on his favourite preferred hard court (although not his favourite Aussie Open).

Don't see Nadal winning it at all, sorry.

I think the favourites goes: Djokovic/Murray -> Murray/Djokovic -> Del Potro -> Federer -> Nadal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    I'm sorry what? It was a great final, they both played some great tennis and everyone of the previous GS winners who commented seemed to think so.
    Don't know where you saw this "great tennis" on.

A tyoical point was: push, push, push, approach, net cord by djokovic.

Or

Push, push, push, error by Djokovic.

Djokovic was too erratic and Murray just needed to be solid to get the job done. No way was this a great match. Take off your Murray goggles and watch the match again in a few days. Outside of Britain no one will remember this match and rightly so. Djokovic also had very bad tactics his volleying ability is nowhere near good enough to be employed against a top player.

I assume a great final to you is Federer beating Fernando Gonzalez in 3 sets?
    Have you even seen the match? I'm not saying it was a classic but it was a fun match. Gozalez was actually playing very well in that match but Federer's level during that tournament was just out of this world. But then again I can't expect you to know that, you probably started watching tennis after USO '12 or something lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    How bad is the damage to Roger's ranking after Wimbledon then? He loses close to 2000 points for Wimbledon, and his points for the Olympics. Will he be 5th? Also, Janowicz, Tomic and Kubot will be moving up the rankings, as will Del Potro, will be interesting to see where they end up.
    Bad, unfortunately . He's definitely No. 5 - he'll drop to 5,785 points (1,075 behind Nadal who will be at 4). Berdych will go up to 4,865 at No. 6 and Del Potro up to 4,500 ahead of Tsonga at No. 7.

After the Olympics points drop, it can only get worse (I think a further 500 point drop), but hopefully he can do something of note in the latter part of 2013.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Federer with be 5th after this, with Nadal 4th & Ferrer 3rd.

Janowicz will be at least 17th, and JDP 7th I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    Federer with be 5th after this, with Nadal 4th & Ferrer 3rd.

Janowicz will be at least 17th, and JDP 7th I believe.
    janowicz in the top 20 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Bad, unfortunately . He's definitely No. 5 - he'll drop to 5,785 points (1,075 behind Nadal who will be at 4). Berdych will go up to 4,865 at No. 6 and Del Potro up to 4,500 ahead of Tsonga at No. 7.

After the Olympics points drop, it can only get worse (I think a further 500 point drop), but hopefully he can do something of note in the latter part of 2013.
    Good news for you and Fed fans is that hes playing Gstaad and Hamburg easy 750 points there. Hopefully this time he cand get to the Semis of the US open and perhaps Win WTF or Paris masters?

ReputationRep:

Welk federer did say that this will be a transitional year at the start but I think, in all honesty, he's finished now. Just hasn't got the consistency to compete against the top players.

Let's hope he proves us wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Welk federer did say that this will be a transitional year at the start but I think, in all honesty, he's finished now. Just hasn't got the consistency to compete against the top players.

Nadal vs Federer US OPEN Quarter final match or Semi final who do you think would win be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Good news for you and Fed fans is that hes playing Gstaad and Hamburg easy 750 points there. Hopefully this time he cand get to the Semis of the US open and perhaps Win WTF or Paris masters?
    Yeah, hopefully. If he doesn't win Gstaad I will be disgusted. The WTF is a definite possibility considering that only Djoko and Del Potro have been able to beat him there since 2009, and that's where he performs close to his best.

US Open - depends on the draw. A really generous draw (i.e. no Nadal or Murray) could see him make the semis- then again, he has a small chance to win it all. What I really want to see is a Rafa-Roger US Open Final before they leave the sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal vs Federer US OPEN Quarter final match or Semi final who do you think would win be honest.
    At this stage probs Nadal. If we were looking at 2+ years ago, I'd have gone with Federer.

ReputationRep:
    At this stage probs Nadal. If we were looking at 2+ years ago, I'd have gone with Federer.
    No if Nadal vs Federer 2007us open or 2008 or perhaps even 09 would go to Federer but 2010, 2011 would go to Nadal thats how i see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Unless Federer dramatically improves his form definitely Nadal. Even prime Federer would probably have trouble with Nadal on even USO. Federer's match up issue is too great of an obstacle for Federer to overcome.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think Tsonga will win a grand slam anytime soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)

Not sure what he's playing at. There is a possibility he's gearing up for another enormous run, seeing as he will have very few points to defend in the late part of 2013 and going through well into 2014. Much more difficult to accomplish though, looking at the way in which he racks up UEs nowadays.

Really hope he can somehow win the US or the World Tour Finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    No if Nadal vs Federer 2007us open or 2008 or perhaps even 09 would go to Federer but 2010, 2011 would go to Nadal thats how i see it.
    Yh same. 2010 USO Nadal would probably throw in some bakery in there as well :lol:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.