The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
That would annoy me if the play off happened if we won head to head. That would be more annoying than getting knocked out the CL with the best goal difference in the group.
Original post by ipoop
I wouldn't mind the play off as long as it happened at least 10 days after Sunday, the players need some rest! Anyway I have faith in Chelsea scoring one or two goals on Sunday, with the Europa League being won (hopefully) the atmosphere at the Bridge would be eccentric and I can see us bagging two goals at least :smile:

It would be way too nerve wrecking for me and Arsenal can pull off some good performances (if you cast your mind back to the 5-3 game a couple seasons back i think, i mean that was an absolute catastrophe)
Original post by This Honest
It better not :stomp: it's gonna be hard at Everton and Newcastle are safe so I don't know if they're gonna pull a surprise win
Poor Wigan :frown:

Yeah, everton might want one last win for Moyse so they'll definately bring their A game. Newcastle aren't pressured for a win like Arsenal are and newcastle have had a poor season considering where they were last season so a play off is a huge possibility. Hope Chelsea can bang in some goals so that doesnt happen. It would be soooo tense.

Feel sorry for wigan, mainly because I like Roberto Martinez and wanted him to keep Wigan up.
Off to the pub, hope for a very good afternoon!!!
Come on CHELSEA!
Caught offside isn't a reliable source unfortunately... :\

Not very. Speculation sites are fun to read, but if it ain't on BBC or Skysports you're pretty much wasting your time.
I guess Chelsea will be the favorite tonight. Chelsea has the great chance to complete the collection of European trophies today. After cup winners cup in 1971 and 1998 and champions league in the last year, the Europa league is the only competition which Chelsea didn't win so far. The team can close up to Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Ajax which are the only teams which won all three competitions in history - so far. Chelsea can make history tonight.
(edited 10 years ago)
First team to be current champions league and Europa leave holders :teeth: :sogood:
Reply 2469
And only the 4th team to be have won the European Cup, Europa/UEFA Cup and the Cup Winners Cup. Not even United have done that.
Reply 2470
Watching the David Luiz interview right now on ITV. Such an amazing guy. Hope he becomes captain in the future
:nutcase:
No penalty shootout please and extra time :crossedf:
:nutcase:
No penalty shootout please and extra time :crossedf:

This. Can't imagine how tired we'll be for the Everton match.
Ridiculous performance so far and I'm not exaggerating :colonhash:
Reply 2474
Can't play on the counter without Hazard.
Hey at least we're still level :smile: surely can't be as bad 2nd half :banana:
Come on Rafa take off Mata and bring on Benayoun. Would be the best troll ever :colone:
Ridiculous performance so far and I'm not exaggerating :colonhash:

Its not been great but we picked up towards the end of the half.

However knowing Rafa if its still 0-0 after 70-80mins and we really need a goal so as not to stretch the game to extra time - he'll bring on Benayoun.
Original post by mrs_usher4
Its not been great but we picked up towards the end of the half.

However knowing Rafa if its still 0-0 after 70-80mins and we really need a goal so as not to stretch the game to extra time - he'll bring on Benayoun.

Not benayoun :gah:

We should be better than this but we need hazard so bad and the benfica players need to stop rolling on the floor
Reply 2479
This is going to end with a single goal :nothing:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest