Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbh, I'd like him to go to liverpool. If barca go for reina e.g. he'd be a good fit for liverpool, don't see the point of him playing for a pretty much midtable club in the prem when he could easily get a dose of CL football at atletico madrid. It makes less sense much easier for him to progress at atletico in the CL than at west ham.
    No harm leaving him in Spain really. He's still young and enjoying kicking back in the sun at a top3 club so hard to improve in England. Goalkeepers develop very differently to outfield players anyway so not sure it matters if its a top club or not. In many ways, a **** club is better as tyey get lots of shot stopping practice etc. Szczesny went to Barnet and had balls raining down on him and it didnt do him any harm!

Reina is **** these days, especially since he was so good 3 years ago, but they have a complex about taking players on loan probs. Still think its 1988. :rolleyes:

I see Cech maintaining his class level until he's 40 so down the road Chelsea are gonna have a decision on their hand though.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck today you guys! Have invested some serious dollar in Chelsea FC, I got the faith!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The thing is that our scouts have done very well the past year and a half. Getting rid of arnesen has possibly been the best thing our club has done in terms of the youth. Feruz e.g. is someone we got for cheap at a young age. We see a new market and we exploited it first which I'm happy about. The german market was exploited by madrid right after the world cup e.g. and people have got onto it now the german players will cost top draw for clubs. The belgium market were exploited by us e.g. and bar us and aston villa who have got coups in KDB and benteke the players will now cost more than usual due to the demand.

Personally I feel italy is where you can get quality players coming in. They always have a good team due to the clubs being pretty good at youth(bar inter but go figure, they still had coutinho and balotelli), a weaker league than before so they have an incentive to come to the prem unlike in the 90s/early 2000s. Players like verratti who we could have got if we really tried for him would have been great for us this season.

I personally think the scouts are doing as well as they can, also remember that because chelsea have money when we come knocking for a player, the seller will raise the price up. Take the mata saga e.g. how we payed 10million more than what arsenal were going to pay for him had there been no other offer for him. So I'm pretty happy with our squad. We'll see with the wallace kid too.

It's better than what we did before and just buy loads of wonderkids with no intention of playing them and loaning them off to vitesse for their career to stagnate.
    Yeah I agree, the situation has definitely improved from the past at least, I'd like us to give our own academy players more of a chance to break through though, I'd like to see someone like Mceachran play in our first team like Wilshere does for Arsenal ideally but obviously he'd have to be good enough Most clubs are probably looking at the Spanish/German/English leagues at the moment so as a results we can try & exploit the Italian/French/Dutch/Portuguse/ leagues where there is less competition for players, & I know some good young players from them leagues such as Jovetic, Lamela, Ljajic, Rodriquez, Capoue, Strootman etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Yeah I agree, the situation has definitely improved from the past at least, I'd like us to give our own academy players more of a chance to break through though, I'd like to see someone like Mceachran play in our first team like Wilshere does for Arsenal ideally but obviously he'd have to be good enough Most clubs are probably looking at the Spanish/German/English leagues at the moment so as a results we can try & exploit the Italian/French/Dutch/Portuguse/ leagues where there is less competition for players, & I know some good young players from them leagues such as Jovetic, Lamela, Ljajic, Rodriquez, Capoue, Strootman etc.
    I agree here, although tbh the signing of oscar showed our intent that we're just not about buying the biggest name. We have improved massively in this regard. Dutch league is hit and miss so I'd like to avoid that whenever possible for every suarez and van nistelrooy you get a kezman and emanuelson. Portuguese league can be like that too porto are the best at mugging people off, see anderson, guarin, bosingwa, quaresma and more I'd avoid them unless there is another paulo ferreira/carvalho/deco about who can clearly fill a void in our squad.

French signings and italians should be where we should look at though there are many good players there. Although tbf it's not as big as it was in 2006, hence why wenger no longer looks in the french market as often as he used to and has shifted to the german/spanish leagues for quality young players. Italy is a bit of an unknown quantity though. Should give it a try.

Chalobah is looking the most likely to break through tbh, we have bertrand already anyway. Mceachran we'll see with him but I think he'll end up like jack cork unless we're short in that position in the summer like what happened with bertrand.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...eeing-new-deal

Okay, so apparently Frank's getting a new deal and he's reportedly agreed to it. That's always good news!

ReputationRep:
    That's great then. Really looking forward to next season now!

ReputationRep:
    This is an interesting story, wonder what he's doing staying in a hotel in Chelsea...? And of course the robbery was committed by an Arsenal fan, thieving little rats.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...otel-room.html

Telegraph's also saying Lampard's agreed a new deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...rd-Bridge.html

ReputationRep:
    If this happened...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-london-giants-face-play-092911717.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    This is an interesting story, wonder what he's doing staying in a hotel in Chelsea...? And of course the robbery was committed by an Arsenal fan, thieving little rats.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...otel-room.html
    Just proof that you get **** people regardless of who they support. There was a worse case involving 4 fans beating a Liverpool fan to death and I think they were Arsenal fans too.

ReputationRep:
    It better not :stomp: it's gonna be hard at Everton and Newcastle are safe so I don't know if they're gonna pull a surprise win
    Poor Wigan

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind the play off as long as it happened at least 10 days after Sunday, the players need some rest! Anyway I have faith in Chelsea scoring one or two goals on Sunday, with the Europa League being won (hopefully) the atmosphere at the Bridge would be eccentric and I can see us bagging two goals at least

ReputationRep:
    That would annoy me if the play off happened if we won head to head. That would be more annoying than getting knocked out the CL with the best goal difference in the group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I wouldn't mind the play off as long as it happened at least 10 days after Sunday, the players need some rest! Anyway I have faith in Chelsea scoring one or two goals on Sunday, with the Europa League being won (hopefully) the atmosphere at the Bridge would be eccentric and I can see us bagging two goals at least
    It would be way too nerve wrecking for me and Arsenal can pull off some good performances (if you cast your mind back to the 5-3 game a couple seasons back i think, i mean that was an absolute catastrophe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    It better not :stomp: it's gonna be hard at Everton and Newcastle are safe so I don't know if they're gonna pull a surprise win
    Poor Wigan
    Yeah, everton might want one last win for Moyse so they'll definately bring their A game. Newcastle aren't pressured for a win like Arsenal are and newcastle have had a poor season considering where they were last season so a play off is a huge possibility. Hope Chelsea can bang in some goals so that doesnt happen. It would be soooo tense.

Feel sorry for wigan, mainly because I like Roberto Martinez and wanted him to keep Wigan up.

ReputationRep:
    Off to the pub, hope for a very good afternoon!!!
    Come on CHELSEA!

ReputationRep:
    How reliable? :erm:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05...-goal-machine/ :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Caught offside isn't a reliable source unfortunately... :\

ReputationRep:
    Not very. Speculation sites are fun to read, but if it ain't on BBC or Skysports you're pretty much wasting your time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I guess Chelsea will be the favorite tonight. Chelsea has the great chance to complete the collection of European trophies today. After cup winners cup in 1971 and 1998 and champions league in the last year, the Europa league is the only competition which Chelsea didn't win so far. The team can close up to Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Ajax which are the only teams which won all three competitions in history - so far. Chelsea can make history tonight.

ReputationRep:
    First team to be current champions league and Europa leave holders :teeth: :sogood:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.