The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WillowXxx
Do we need to know about urobillins for tomorrow?? :eek:

no
Reply 581
Why is there still some Urea in the blood after it has left the kidneys?
What is meant by the term transpiration stream (2 MArks)
Original post by C-king
As this is because urine contains urobilins, these are made through bthe break down of haemoglobin

We need to know that????????????
Original post by s.was99
Why is there still some Urea in the blood after it has left the kidneys?

Some of travels along a concentration gradient by diffusing into the blood.
Original post by Unknown505

The flow of water through the plant from the roots to the leaves, through the xylem
"Evaluate the the effectiveness of sport drinks" would surely be too small of a topic for a six marker, right? I know MYGCSESCIENCE done a rather long video on it but a lot of the areas he talked about are not on the specification. If they were to give a 6 mark question on that topic, it would have to be a question with a large text attached to it - similar to that of the C2 January 2013 six mark question.
Reply 587

Flow of water from the roots to the leaves due to water loss in the leaves.
Original post by DanTheMan358
"Evaluate the the effectiveness of sport drinks" would surely be too small of a topic for a six marker, right? I know MYGCSESCIENCE done a rather long video on it but a lot of the areas he talked about are not on the specification. If they were to give a 6 mark question on that topic, it would have to be a question with a large text attached to it - similar to that of the C2 January 2013 six mark question.

Yes, I agree.
Original post by Dannyboy1236
We need to know that????????????

Not to be rude, but can you guys not bring BS that's not in the spec up and create unecessary stress please. Much appreciated, no you don't need to know what 'urobillins' are they are not in any textbook or past paper..
Original post by sneakbo2
Not to be rude, but can you guys not bring BS that's not in the spec up and create unecessary stress please. Much appreciated, no you don't need to know what 'urobillins' are they are not in any textbook or past paper..

Ok thats fine, but they actually are in the Nelson Thornes book. :colondollar:
Original post by sneakbo2

Thanks...I was worried for a second.

All set for tomorrow?
How are roots adapted for efficient absorption of mineral ions and water
Reply 593
Original post by WillowXxx
Do we need to know about urobillins for tomorrow?? :eek:

yeah probably its in the textbook so..
:dontknow:

All set for tomorrow?

Yeah i'm set for an a* if the 6 marker is a nice one (fingers crossed)
Well we all know now that urobillins make urine yellow so it doesn't matter anyways, BUT it's not in the spec js
Reply 596

Have a high number of mitochondria for active transport, large surface area and thin walls for diffusion...

What do sport drinks contain?
Reply 597

root have root hair cells to increase the surface area. They are very thin so there is a short diffusion path/active transport ??
Reply 598

All set for tomorrow?

actually it is turn to page 249 of the aqa biology textbook
Original post by Quantaˌ
Have a high number of mitochondria for active transport, large surface area and thin walls for diffusion...

What do sport drinks contain?

They contain glucose to replace lost glucose, mineral ions and water.

Latest

Trending

Trending