The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh I put that on worked from the inside of the patient and one worked from the outside (iron ) but it's wrong ahhh, also advantage - not as much room taken disadvantage - could cause disese or the patient coud choke because there's a tube allowing a oath for pathogens.... whoops
Tadpole question??!!
Reply 1042
Original post by WillowXxx
What did everyone put for the compare the photographs I kinda got stuck on that :no:

Oh! I got that the iron one changes the pressure of the thorax and the modern one changes the pressure of the trachea, not sure if thats right though?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1043
Original post by ahmed15
Was that the last question?

yeah the last 2
Reply 1044
Original post by sanil17
yeah the last 2

the second last one was on insulin, the second was on glucagon
Original post by ahmed15
Are u sure we have to talk about how the pancreas secretes glucagon, which makes the liver turn glycogen into glucose, thus increasing blood sugar concentration?

I would assume so, what else was there to say?
Original post by ahmed15
No because A started on the left hand side of the heart. Aorta is on left hand side of the heart. Vena Cava is on right. Im pretty sure of that

Look at this then:http://www.heart.com/the-human-heart.html
They should have indicated which side was which to be honest. They did not state whether it was you looking at your heart or if it was as someone else looking but my tutor who used to be an AQA examiner said always take it as being someone else looking at your heart
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1047
Original post by sanil17
yeah the last 2

Last one I talked about glucagon secreted by pancreas, makes liver turn glycogen into glucose, thus increasing blood sugar concentration
Reply 1048
Original post by bbadonde2
They should have indicated which side was which to be honest

they didnt have to, the side with the more muscle is the left hand side
I recken I got around 49/50, I hope I got more though.
Reply 1050
They should have indicated which side was which to be honest. They did not state whether it was you looking at your heart or if it was as someone else looking but my tutor who used to be an AQA examiner said always take it as being someone else looking at your heart

The letter A was on the left hand side and was the aorta
Original post by C-king
they didnt have to, the side with the more muscle is the left hand side

Yes well most people in my school got my answers
[INDENT]For the last two questions I said that there was less Glucose as there was no food to absorb glucose from and then for the last one I put the pancreas detected the fall in glucose concs and released hormone for Liver cells to convert the Glucagon back into glucose thus there was more glucose coming back from the liver.

[/INDENT]

Reply 1053
I recken I got around 49/50, I hope I got more though.

its out of 60...
Reply 1054
Original post by ahmed15
The letter A was on the left hand side and was the aorta

no because the aorta is on the side with the most muscle
Oh and the heart. Its always that right hand side the way you see it on the paper is the left, It's just reversed....
Reply 1056
glucagon is the gormone, glycogen is what is converted back into glucose
Reply 1057
Original post by Funky Fish
Oh and the heart. Its always that right hand side the way you see it on the paper is the left, It's just reversed....

Exactly! It is seen from the perspective of the person
What did people get for the number of chromosomes the plant species a and b's gametes had? i got 4 for a 8 for b and then 12 for the next question
Reply 1059
Original post by C-king
no because the aorta is on the side with the most muscle

its on the left hand side. Look in your revision guide

Latest

Trending

Trending