The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by Chloe123.
What if you wrote the blood in the vein was lower pressure than the blood in the artery for the question about composition of blood?

Same I put this, didn't really kno if it was taking about the lungs and
i just quickly read the question and presumed:redface:
Original post by grammar12
Im sorry, I didn't take the B2 exam today but I was told by some friends that took it that it was relatively hard. Your best bet is to visit this thread and ask someone there as they probably have a better idea than me :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2350733&highlight=post+mortom+b2

Really? I didn't find it that hard though that might just be me, nevertheless I hope they do well! and thank you
Reply 1722
Original post by Chloe123.
What if you wrote the blood in the vein was lower pressure than the blood in the artery for the question about composition of blood?

I think you had to talk about oxygenated and deoxygenated blood, as it asked about the composition of the oxygen in the 2 blood vessels, did it not? I may be wrong!

I found the exam fairly straight forward, but I made some silly mistakes, totally could not find the connection to glucagon etc. in the last question but now it's obvious :mad: Think it was just the pressure of the exam, I felt pretty pushed for time too? :confused:
Nice having biology over but the depressing though of chemistry and physics next week is so mentally tough
When do these results come out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellevis
I think you had to talk about oxygenated and deoxygenated blood, as it asked about the composition of the oxygen in the 2 blood vessels, did it not? I may be wrong!

I found the exam fairly straight forward, but I made some silly mistakes, totally could not find the connection to glucagon etc. in the last question but now it's obvious :mad: Think it was just the pressure of the exam, I felt pretty pushed for time too? :confused:

Yeah, same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MightyJoeD
When do these results come out

Posted from TSR Mobile

August 22nd.
Reply 1727
Original post by Farhan96
41 for a* and take away 4/5 for each grade below is what everyone is going on.

Thanks
What did people put for tadpole and the man running questions?
For the substance that stomach produces I just put 'Acid'. I think that'll be enough since they wanted something that gives an acidic pH for enzyme X to work.

Also for the coronary artery question I just put 'Artery'. Would that be enough since there are only arteries on the outside of the heart. Overall I found the exam much easier than the B2 but damn some 2 plant species was tricky. Was the very last question about speciation?
Reply 1730
Original post by Annaphora
Same here haha, Yeah.. .I got that wrong? Whoop :c

Ah dw, loads of people got that wrong. I think the answer is 4, 8 and 12. But I put 2, 4, and 6 because I thought the number of chromosomes would halve twice because meiosis involves 2 divisions and the chromosomes had already been replicated? I still don't really get it...
Reply 1731
Original post by zzFishstick
For the substance that stomach produces I just put 'Acid'. I think that'll be enough since they wanted something that gives an acidic pH for enzyme X to work.

Also for the coronary artery question I just put 'Artery'. Would that be enough since there are only arteries on the outside of the heart. Overall I found the exam much easier than the B2 but damn some 2 plant species was tricky. Was the very last question about speciation?

I'm not sure. The specification does say hydrochloric acid so I think you may have needed the full term. But for the artery one, this is what the spec says,

Additional Information

Candidates should understand the importance of stents, particularly with reference to the coronary arteries.

But that's the only time it mentions it so I think you could get away with that.
About how much of physics and chemistry have you guys revised so far? Do you think it's possible to finish the syllabus if I only know about 1/3rd of chemistry, 1/2 of physics unit 2 and 1/3rd of
physics unit 3 (considering I need to revise English too)? :s-smilie:
Reply 1733
Original post by SportsFan
Guys the unofficial mark scheme is being completed by myself and Quanta, this is however a struggle it would be great if anyone could come and help for the rest of the questions

I'm glad someone's finally said something about the unofficial mark scheme. A few people, including myself, have asked about this and have had no reply.

Do you know roughly when it will be completed by?
Original post by Firuza1029
About how much of physics and chemistry have you guys revised so far? Do you think it's possible to finish the syllabus if I only know about 1/3rd of chemistry, 1/2 of physics unit 2 and 1/3rd of
physics unit 3 (considering I need to revise English too)? :s-smilie:

Well I'm in the same hoay as you, so I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moosic97
I'm glad someone's finally said something about the unofficial mark scheme. A few people, including myself, have asked about this and have had no reply.

Do you know roughly when it will be completed by?

Is there a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are people on revision leave then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2351258 Here ya go. It's incomplete, we're trying to add answers (and remember the questions in the right order). If you can help, please try.
Reply 1738
Are people on revision leave then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school isn't because the Head doesn't trust most of our year to do any revision at home :frown:
Reply 1739
Is there a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not finished yet

Latest

Trending

Trending