The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ssxx
Fool, no man wants an old ugly deformed woman. She will give birth to unhealthy offsprings.

Doesn't mean you have to judge purely on looks, was my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 261
Original post by shadowdweller
Doesn't mean you have to judge purely on looks, was my point

Posted from TSR Mobile

A womans looks can give a lot of information about her DNA!
FACT. men have evolved to go to young, good looking women.
Original post by ssxx
A womans looks can give a lot of information about her DNA!
FACT. men have evolved to go to young, good looking women.

I'm not saying they haven't, but other things are important too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
I'm pretty sure it's more shallow to judge purely on looks

Posted from TSR Mobile

So being selective based on how much somebody earns is less shallow than going by looks? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chappers-94
So being selective based on how much somebody earns is less shallow than going by looks? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what falls under the etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ssxx
It is in genes of a man to judge women on looks.
We are not shallow as women by judging them on money, job, status,ect

Why is it always a men vs women tone with you?

SOME women judge based on aesthetics like income and status. For others, those things come far down in the list.

Edit: By your logic, you could argue that women value wealth because it's in their genes to find a partner that can provide for their future offspring. Never mind the fact that women and men have evolved to reason against their baser urges.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ashahedow

SOME women judge based on aesthetics like income and status. For others, those things come far down in the list.

This.

Some men judge on looks, and some women judge on income. That doesn't mean all do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashahedow

Edit: By your logic, you could argue that women value wealth because it's in their genes to find a partner that can provide for their future offspring. Never mind the fact that women and men have evolved to reason against their baser urges.

Tbh women also judge men on their looks just as much as men do with women. Perhaps its different in some cultures where women don't have as many rights (in the work place for example) but I think it's pretty even amount of shallowness in the uk
Looks is what get my attention, based on how you dress and act gives an understanding of the girl. Which also applies to less attractive girls as well. You may not be good looking but you look smart and look interesting. It's being confident being good company is what make people get interested in you. truth is looks count. And pretty girls are more like to hook up. Girls like you need to shine in your own way that gets guys attention... And Im sure looks won't ever matter again.

But I cant talk I'm ugly as well what wouldnt I know. But I don't think girls only go for guys just for there looks
Original post by No1losserinmelb
Looks is what get my attention, based on how you dress and act gives an understanding of the girl. Which also applies to less attractive girls as well. You may not be good looking but you look smart and look interesting. It's being confident being good company is what make people get interested in you. truth is looks count. And pretty girls are more like to hook up. Girls like you need to shine in your own way that gets guys attention... And Im sure looks won't ever matter again.

But I cant talk I'm ugly as well what wouldnt I know. But I don't think girls only go for guys just for there looks

This thread is 5 years old man.
Well obvs we want to find someone who looks nice according to our standards but I always second guess myself as they may have a shite personality. I don't like those who base solely on looks tho tbh xD
...if I were straight, I'd say I'd look for a 7/10 minimum, wouldn't want to increase the risk that my kids to end up ugly. :biggrin:
Original post by im so academic
Everyone judges on looks but it is far, FAR harder for a girl. A girl has to be PHYSICALLY attractive - period. There are ways for men to get around this. I can't. I cannot.

I have the same problem as you...
as much as i hate it and i dont want to demolish your already non existent self esteem you are absolutely right
there is nothing that comes close to the worth that beauty has except.. maybe wealth through which you can buy beauty.
I used to hate myself so much from when I was 11 to 15 because I was called ugly and I exerted all my efforts in to education just so i had some sense of self worth being able to say that im intelligent and ambitious. but i still remember the first day of P.E in year 9 when I finally had a pair of tits and a butt and a small waist flat stomach (at the time lmao) and literally everyone complimented me. I could see the ways some of the girls looked at my body in envy, the kind of pride i felt in that trumps any kind of self satisfaction i have felt in being praised for being intelligent.

Your prolly going to hate me for reaffirming everything you jsut said but honestly i admit I have a problem... there is acc something wrong with me. The above story just reveals that I have an unhealthy mindset and I wish with all my heart that i didnt have to see things like this, I've even tried counselling. seriously... I might try to get CBT or something.

anyways my inbox is open if you wanna talk about this further :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
i don't want any of this crap like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (total nonsense) and "there are other qualities to consider, not just beauty" (yeah right).

Men, just give me your honest opinions when you see women. How far do you judge them on looks? Why do you hate ugly woman such as myself?

How far do you base a woman's worth on her looks?

I want honest answers.

Look, no one is going to know you've posted in this thread. Just let out what you really think. I don't want to be lied to anymore.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder b*tch
If ur looking for a life-long partner, looks don’t matter one bit.
In 30 years we r all gonna look like burnt mushrooms anyway.

Latest