Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How far do you agree with beauty in a woman is a prerequisite? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue.racoon59)
    To the first part - yes. I would definitely not say that my worth or anyone else's worth is equivalent to the attention I or they receive from guys.

Is waiting until you're in your 20s really that bad? There's so much you can enjoy in life without a guy on your side. I believe that so much that I would not even be upset if I had no experience with guys in my 40s, 50s or even by the time I die. :rolleyes:
    Then you haven't had any good experiences with guys, don't try and avoids guys, that's lousy advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arran.Williamson)
    Then you haven't had any good experiences with guys, don't try and avoids guys, that's lousy advice!
    I didn't say to avoid guys - I said they usually get more mature and look past just your looks as they get older. I stick by what I said - you can't measure your worth by the amount of attention you get from guys. I don't see anything wrong with that advice. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I don't want any of this crap like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (total nonsense) and "there are other qualities to consider, not just beauty" (YEAH right).

Men, just give me your honest opinions when you see women. How far do you judge them on looks? Why do you hate ugly woman such as myself?

How far do you base a woman's worth on her looks?

I want honest answers.

Look, no one is going to know you've posted in this thread. Just let out what you really think. I don't want to be lied to anymore.
    It is in genes of a man to judge women on looks.
    We are not shallow as women by judging them on money, job, status,ect
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    I'm pretty sure it's more shallow to judge purely on looks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fool, no man wants an old ugly deformed woman. She will give birth to unhealthy offsprings.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    Fool, no man wants an old ugly deformed woman. She will give birth to unhealthy offsprings.
    Doesn't mean you have to judge purely on looks, was my point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't mean you have to judge purely on looks, was my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A womans looks can give a lot of information about her DNA!
    FACT. men have evolved to go to young, good looking women.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    A womans looks can give a lot of information about her DNA!
    FACT. men have evolved to go to young, good looking women.
    I'm not saying they haven't, but other things are important too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So being selective based on how much somebody earns is less shallow than going by looks? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    So being selective based on how much somebody earns is less shallow than going by looks? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends what falls under the etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssxx)
    Why is it always a men vs women tone with you?

SOME women judge based on aesthetics like income and status. For others, those things come far down in the list.

Edit: By your logic, you could argue that women value wealth because it's in their genes to find a partner that can provide for their future offspring. Never mind the fact that women and men have evolved to reason against their baser urges.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashahedow)

SOME women judge based on aesthetics like income and status. For others, those things come far down in the list.
    This.

Some men judge on looks, and some women judge on income. That doesn't mean all do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashahedow)

Edit: By your logic, you could argue that women value wealth because it's in their genes to find a partner that can provide for their future offspring. Never mind the fact that women and men have evolved to reason against their baser urges.
    Tbh women also judge men on their looks just as much as men do with women. Perhaps its different in some cultures where women don't have as many rights (in the work place for example) but I think it's pretty even amount of shallowness in the uk

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.