The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
hi does anyone know where I can get june 2012 unit 3 question papers for all 3 sciences please Head of science in my school is really difficult
Original post by sneakbo2
Ahah same, Sources and which one was more useful, hypothesis +explain, 9 mark method, then explain why you divide the number of swings by 10 or something like that.

Yeah, and your table for 2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Yeah, and your table for 2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what comes out in section 2? Really wanna get 50/50 in these ISAs so i'll have 3 a*s in science in the bag :biggrin:
Do you know what comes out in section 2? Really wanna get 50/50 in these ISAs so i'll have 3 a*s in science in the bag :biggrin:

Urm, have no clue to be honest - one of my firends were telling me what came on section 1 so they could find out what they wrote was correct.

I would expect it to be the usual lot though: does your hypothesis support your results, did you get any anomulaus results, context, case studies analysis and how could you obtain a more accurate result?

Sorry, i'm not of much help to be honest :colondollar:
Reply 185
I'm finding it really hard to revise for these units as my teachers are poor
Original post by Efemena15

we are in the same boat :confused:!

are the my gcse science videos done yet?
Original post by Efemena15

what have you started revising/how far have you got? :colone:
Reply 188
@Captain Anonymous What do you think the GB's will be like for our final exams? I cba to go and look at those of the old spec to guess how high they will be. Although they depend on the exam do you think they will be quite steep?
Reply 189
what have you started revising/how far have you got? :colone:

To your first question, he hasn't done many videos yet, I don't think he's finished Topic 1 of the unit 3s :frown: and secondly, I am seriously finding it impossible so I have just been watching his videos as well as using my revision guides:confused:
Original post by Farhan96
@Captain Anonymous What do you think the GB's will be like for our final exams? I cba to go and look at those of the old spec to guess how high they will be. Although they depend on the exam do you think they will be quite steep?

Its impossible to guess at this stage - without looking at the exam paper.

However, by going by AQA's exam trend - the first sitting of every new paper is 'supposed' to be an easy sitting. So, going by these basis i would go on around:

Chemsitry - A* : 48
Biology - A* - 46
Physics - A* - 46

However, by going by AQA's exam trend - the first sitting of every new paper is 'supposed' to be an easy sitting. So, going by these basis i would go on around:

Biology - A* - 46
Physics - A* - 46

I'd personally take those down a notch! Id say at most chem: 44 bio: 45 physics: 44
Original post by grammar12
I'd personally take those down a notch! Id say at most chem: 44 bio: 45 physics: 44

Oh okay :colondollar:, i was just saying at worst :L
Reply 193

Biology - A* - 46
Physics - A* - 46

Easy setting? Really?

Then how come the A* boundary for the first B2 exam was lower than that of the B2 exam in 2013 :smile: (Just wondering).

I PERSONALLY think/hope the boundaries will be lower as it is a completely new spec. :colone::colone:
Original post by tohaaaa
Easy setting? Really?

Then how come the A* boundary for the first B2 exam was lower than that of the B2 exam in 2013 :smile: (Just wondering).

I PERSONALLY think/hope the boundaries will be lower as it is a completely new spec. :colone::colone:

I'm not too sure, but the exam paper was so much easier :colondollar:, if they're high then the paper will be easy and vice versa
Original post by tohaaaa
Easy setting? Really?

The grade boundaries don't rely on AQA and their decision to lower/higher grade boundaries. Its the performance of the students, if everyone does very well then the boundaries will be high, but if everyone does badly, they will be extremely low. As it is the first exam, and teachers haven't taught this spec before, the boundaries should be low as their students don't know the spec inside out. This improves as time goes on before being replaced again to try and level out the field. Im just praying that the boundaries will be low as i need over 90 in each to get an A* and i have a total of 10 exams this summer. WOOP :s-smilie:
Reply 196
Original post by grammar12
The grade boundaries don't rely on AQA and their decision to lower/higher grade boundaries. Its the performance of the students, if everyone does very well then the boundaries will be high, but if everyone does badly, they will be extremely low. As it is the first exam, and teachers haven't taught this spec before, the boundaries should be low as their students don't know the spec inside out. This improves as time goes on before being replaced again to try and level out the field. Im just praying that the boundaries will be low as i need over 90 in each to get an A* and i have a total of 10 exams this summer. WOOP :s-smilie:

Yikes, I remember when the boundary for an A for C1 in June 2012 was 30/60, do you think any of the triple exams will be like this?
Original post by tohaaaa
Yikes, I remember when the boundary for an A for C1 in June 2012 was 30/60, do you think any of the triple exams will be like this?

Don't worry about grade boundaries, if you go in thinking you can afford to lose marks you won't do well. Aim for 60/60 raw marks!
Reply 198
Don't worry about grade boundaries, if you go in thinking you can afford to lose marks you won't do well. Aim for 60/60 raw marks!

Yeah, I fully agree with you :smile:
Reply 199
Hi guys I will be taking these exams in May too!
But, I dont know if can really get a A* overall... I really sucked at ISA's - especially the osmosis one for Biology... (37/50) On the other side I got 50/50 for chemistry!! :angry:
I will be retaking B1 in summer as I got a B in that exam... And in B2 exam I have an A :/ But, I don't know if can really get a A* in Biology overall because I need really high marks in B1 and B3! TOO MUCH WORK! :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending