The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

I have i've finished all of it for: p3,c3 and b3

also done b1 (as i'm resitting)

WTF!!! Neg rep for this? get a life
(edited 11 years ago)
Putting them in order of difficulty i would say: P3-C3-B3

*starting with the most difficult
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 702
Original post by Jadoreidior
Has anyone finished their unit 3 revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, just reading over it again.
Just like Captain my order is P3-C3-B3. Also have to do C2 as I was not entered for it before :angry:
Original post by lolface32
Yep, just reading over it again.
Just like Captain my order is P3-C3-B3. Also have to do C2 as I was not entered for it before :angry:

brains think alike = we're clever :cool:
Reply 704
In order of difficulty I'd agree with you guys. Biology isn't as confusing but it's a lot to remember though.

Random Q if anyone wants it;
How do you correct someone's eyesight who is short sighted (same question for long sighted as well?)
Reply 705
Original post by Captain Anonymous
brains think alike = we're clever :cool:

yaah we are!!!
Reply 706
Original post by BI0
In order of difficulty I'd agree with you guys. Biology isn't as confusing but it's a lot to remember though.

How do you correct someone's eyesight who is short sighted (same question for long sighted as well?)

Short sighted would = Diverging lens
Long sighted would = Converging lens :biggrin:
Original post by BI0

For short sighted you would use a concave/diverging lens and for a long sighted person you would use a converging/convex lens :colondollar:
what is circluar motion?
Explain why the reactivity increases going down group 1 (alkali metals)?
Reply 710
what is circluar motion?

Circular motion is when an object moves in a circle due to a constant acceleration towards the centre (caused by the centripetal force)

In group one elements, as we go down the group the period number of the elements increases. This means there are more energy levels for elements going down the group. Elements in group one with more shells will have the outer electron further away from the nucleus, and thus there will be a smaller attractive force. This means electrons are more easily lost on elements going down the group, and so they are more reactive.

^I've always hated answering that question XD I can never word it right...

How can you soften hard water?
Reply 711
Original post by BI0
Circular motion is when an object moves in a circle due to a constant acceleration towards the centre (caused by the centripetal force)

In group one elements, as we go down the group the period number of the elements increases. This means there are more energy levels for elements going down the group. Elements in group one with more shells will have the outer electron further away from the nucleus, and thus there will be a smaller attractive force. This means electrons are more easily lost on elements going down the group, and so they are more reactive.

By adding sodium carbonate, you would get a reaction with the Mg2+ and Ca2+, which forms a insoluble precipitate.
Reply 712
Why are carboxylic acids called 'weak' acids?
or by using an ion exchange column
Reply 714
or by using an ion exchange column

Oh yeah:tongue:
Original post by lolface32
Why are carboxylic acids called 'weak' acids?

becuae they atoms do not ionise completely, they only form a few H+ ions
Original post by BI0

well done, with both answers. You worded the answer perfectly fine :colone:
How to you carry out a titration experiment (4marks)
Reply 718
How to you carry out a titration experiment (4marks)

Measure the volume of Alkali ( or acid) and then use a pipette to pour the alkali into a conical flask ( before washing the pipette with distilled water). Put a universal indicator into the solution in your flask. Pour acid down a burette, and then open the tap to release small amounts of acid into the flask. Repeat this until you see a change in colour of the indicator!

The elements in Group 1 have one outer shell electron and so they are "keen" to be rid of it. The further down the group you go, the more shells there are, and so therefore the outer shell is further away from the nucleus, meaning there are weaker forces of attraction between them (electrons = -ve charge and nucleus = +ve). Also, the outer shell has to contend with the other electrons in the inner shells which create a "shielding" effect on the electron so that it is more likely to be lost.

Good enough? Where can i add more detail?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending