The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Original post by kashc94
Yea got a work placement around south east asia for 2 months. I fly out on monday lol. Then I get back in december and do some part time work, and get ready for interview ( if i get one lol ). Then its back to the good old revision guides and past papers hahaha. But honestly going by the stalking page last year, im sure we will get interviews at exeter :smile:

Oh sicckk, well savour that weather! It's got to be more pleasant that the dreary bleak clouds over London here :tongue: Good on you to keep pro-active abroad.
That's very good and all but why isn't your son posting it. It seems like I'm reading a blog in this thread...
Sure ok but it seems a bit odd sharing your son's tsr account.
(edited 10 years ago)
And here I am still teaching my mum how to use the internet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok. Why don't you tell him to post in here then. Would be nice.
Oh cool. What's his username? :colone:
Reply 2486
Hi, did your son apply for biomed at the same time as his medical universities? btw congrats on his offer for biomed.
What company is that? Google?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Oh cool. What's his username? :colone:

Lol, you just want another TSR friend :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Lol, you just want another TSR friend :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe :innocent:
Reply 2490
Sent off my application today :dance::dance::dance::dance:
Manchester, HYMS, Glasgow and UEA!

Now the refreshing-your-emails-every-30-seconds begins! :cyber:
Reply 2491
Ahh right.. well if u don't mind me asking, did he use the same personal statement for that as the one he used for medicine? I need to put my 5th option down too.
Reply 2492
I was wondering when filling out your UCAS forms, do you need to put in your modular grades and UMS score for all your a levels, or just put in the overall grade for each subject.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nshetter
I was wondering when filling out your UCAS forms, do you need to put in your modular grades and UMS score for all your a levels, or just put in the overall grade for each subject.

That only applies if you're applying to Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I am a bit confused on how to enter modules we resat.
For example I resat a AS Biology module at A2. I went up from a B to an A, so do I have to enter both modules? Also if you consider the UMS of the retaken module, that would mean my overall grade went from a B to an A, so what would should I put my overall grade as?

Also for Maths in A2 i retook C3 in the same year, does this mean I have to enter both modules in UCAS?

I'm really confused. Please help :colondollar:
Reply 2495
What have people put down for their fifth option? I have considered Medical Engineering as a fifth, but not sure as I will be using the same PS for that as my medical one. Is it risky as it's my back up or should I really be applying for Biosceince course?
Reply 2496
Ahh that's fine then... orginally I was going with Medical Engineering at Cardiff. But sounds risky when my personal statement is totally directed towards a course that's not engineering. So decided to go for Biochem with medical biochemistry instead.

Anyway, Good luck to your son on his medicine application and thank you!
Guys I applied but didn't put a fifth option!! Will I ever get the chance to put a fifth option??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Guys I applied but didn't put a fifth option!! Will I ever get the chance to put a fifth option??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you can do it anytime I think!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2499
Original post by SuziieB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes if all your med school reject you, you can go through clearing. You can also apply through extra (but you'll have to look that up on UCAS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending